PDA

View Full Version : about compressor oil

rkmoorthy
10-12-2008, 02:50 PM
hi everybody this is moorthy from qatar.
i need technical help from your side.
i have a problem of copeland scroll compressor(calorex swimming pool heat pump). i mixed compressor compressor oil with original oil. i was mixed suniso oil this is for 134a refrigerant. because of original refrigerant is 134a also. thats why i mixed that oil. but the result is high pressure activated. compressor cannt run .
what is wrong with the prob.
how we can solve this prob. can you any body explain to me how we can solve thi prob.

Brian_UK
10-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Why did you add more oil to the system ?

Grizzly
10-12-2008, 11:10 PM
i have a problem of copeland scroll compressor(calorex swimming pool heat pump). i mixed compressor compressor oil with original oil. i was mixed suniso oil this is for 134a refrigerant. because of original refrigerant is 134a also. thats why i mixed that oil. but the result is high pressure activated. compressor cannot run .
how we can solve this prob. can you any body explain to me how we can solve thi prob.

Would the "high pressure" be-
1) Oil Pressure?
Or
2) High Discharge Pressure?

If it is 1.
Then as Brian suggests you may of overfilled the Compressor with oil?
Or 2.
It is possible that you have accidentally allowed air into the refrigeration system.

Although in the past I have known rogue machines to have different oil pressures when using oils of slightly different Viscosities.
IE. The lower the number the thicker the oil and the higher the oil pressure.
This does not mean it is good though as the flow rates could be reduced when using thicker oils.
It is best to keep to the grades recommended by the customer.
Grizzly

nike123
10-12-2008, 11:21 PM
i have a problem of copeland scroll compressor(calorex swimming pool heat pump). i mixed compressor compressor oil with original oil. i was mixed suniso oil this is for 134a refrigerant. because of original refrigerant is 134a also. thats why i mixed that oil. but the result is high pressure activated. compressor cannt run .

Did you changed oil or only added some amount? What is oil full type name?
From what I know, Suniso 3,4,5GS are mineral oils and in system with R134A recommended oil is POE oil.
If original oil is POE and you added more than 5% of mineral oil you need to change oil until mineral oil percentage is less than 5%.

rkmoorthy
12-12-2008, 09:25 AM
hi guys actually calorex heat pump compressor (copeland scroll) recomend that oil is poe140. but i added that oil of suniso sl 68 with original.
now i need solution for this. here (QATAR) NOT AVAILABLE POE OIL. WHICH OIL REPLACE FOR THAT ORIGINAL POE OIL. AND HOW I WILL RUN THIOS SYSTEM . PLEASE I NEED YOUR GREAT FULL ADVICE FROM YOU ALL.

rkmoorthy
12-12-2008, 09:33 AM
why did you add more oil to the system ?
hello friend,
near to compressor link of copper pipe line (elbow) oil leaking from there. I found that elbow was cracked . That is why i changed elbow and i add that kind of suniso sl68 oil. But i never remove any oil fromm the system. I just add suniso oil with poe oil.the result is too bad for me.now i going to change strainer, and filter dryer.i need to change oil also. Can you give me steps of recover this problem. Thank you for kind consideration.

rkmoorthy
12-12-2008, 09:34 AM
would the "high pressure" be-
1) oil pressure?
Or
2) high discharge pressure?

If it is 1.
Then as brian suggests you may of overfilled the compressor with oil?
Or 2.
It is possible that you have accidentally allowed air into the refrigeration system.

Although in the past i have known rogue machines to have different oil pressures when using oils of slightly different viscosities.
Ie. The lower the number the thicker the oil and the higher the oil pressure.
This does not mean it is good though as the flow rates could be reduced when using thicker oils.
It is best to keep to the grades recommended by the customer.
Grizzly

hello friend,
near to compressor link of copper pipe line (elbow) oil leaking from there. I found that elbow was cracked . That is why i changed elbow and i add that kind of suniso sl68 oil. But i never remove any oil fromm the system. I just add suniso oil with poe oil.the result is too bad for me.now i going to change strainer, and filter dryer.i need to change oil also. Can you give me steps of recover this problem. Thank you for kind consideration.

nike123
12-12-2008, 10:27 AM
These are approved oils (http://www.hvacrinfo.com/cope_ae_bulletins/TAE1248.PDF) for your compressor:
Copeland Ultra 22CC
Mobil EAL ARCTIC 22CC
ICI (Virginia KMP) Emkarate RL 32CF
Thermal Zone 22CC

You added unapproved oil with viscosity different from original.
Suniso SL 68 is POE oil with viscosity of 79,1 at 40°C (http://www.sunoco.be/uk/PDF%20UK/TDSUK%20%20Suniso%20SL.pdf) and these recommended oils have viscosity of 24 at 40°C (http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENINDMOMobil_EAL_Arctic.asp).

Closest Suniso match is SL 22 but it is not approved oil from Copeland.

EdC
15-12-2008, 12:32 AM
the second mouse gets the cheese