PDA

View Full Version : Auto Restart on Hitachi.

Daikin=Overated
09-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Hello all.

Wondered if anyone knew how to set a fixed wall controller to auto restart on loss of power supply.
The systems a wall mounted RAS60YH5A. I think the controllers the standard (latest type) PSC-5T.

Also, if the outdoors powers the indoor unit and there happened to be a power cut-would auto restart work? Obviously theres an option to power indoors seperately I just wondered if it could still recover on a auto restart based on this wiring configuration?

I did try Hitachiaircon.com too-no luck there!

Many thanks in advance.

J.

superswill
09-12-2008, 07:25 PM
greetings,

Ive left my laptop at the office so cant find a PDF on this remote but just thinking out loud couldn't you input multiple ON times so if there is a power cut the systems will restart at the next ON time?

just a wild stab in the dark

Daikin=Overated
09-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Hello Paul.

Cheers for the thought. It would make sense, but say I give the controller a seven day on command at 6.00 am. Whatever time it fails during the day it won't turn on till the following morning at the specified time. Being a server room i'll have another repeat episode like today where the racks cook themselves in 10mins of the A/C going down-the data loss severe!

Forgot to say it was a server room. Sorry. Think I'll give those good guys at Hitachi a ding first thing. It was only that I got back too late tonight so thought I'd try the forum.

All the best.

J.

Pyr0Beast
09-12-2008, 10:09 PM
So, they can have UPS for server racks but can't provide power for AC ?
Feels to me like they think racks don't generate heat when they run on backup power ..

Daikin=Overated
10-12-2008, 05:17 PM
So, they can have UPS for server racks but can't provide power for AC ?
Feels to me like they think racks don't generate heat when they run on backup power ..

Who said that they did?

The internal server equipment is on it's own dedicated supply. My splits on another. The power supply to my system went down not the server supply.

Anyway. Problem solved today when I went back there and changed the necessary engineers settings under service mode 01 with help care of Hitachitech who are ever such a good bunch!