PDA

View Full Version : Charging

DALO
08-12-2008, 05:40 PM
A question for you supermarket technicians. Whats the procedure for charging up your rack systems???
Do you use the old parameters of head pressure superheat etc or is it a case of measuring the pipe runs and calculating a critical charge before weighing it in, like in VRV applications.

taz24
08-12-2008, 10:44 PM
A question for you supermarket technicians. Whats the procedure for charging up your rack systems???
Do you use the old parameters of head pressure superheat etc or is it a case of measuring the pipe runs and calculating a critical charge before weighing it in, like in VRV applications.

Nah, just fill it up till the sight glass clears.

taz.

joe magee
09-12-2008, 06:10 AM
Agree, make sure there is a level, 10% in recevier in heat reclaim. You don't want a low level alarm. If you have a tyler enviroguard rack well that's another story.

750 Valve
09-12-2008, 07:48 AM
receiver sightglasses are awesome!!! :D

DALO
09-12-2008, 07:54 AM
That simple eh? I thought it might have been more technical. So its standard procedue. Thanks for the replies.
Funnily enough i used to know a guy who advocated charging a VRV by filling the lines with vapour and then opening the condenser valves. He said hed been doing it regularly and had no problems. Didnt believe in his bathroom scales let alone a set of digital ones.

hillbillywillie
07-01-2009, 08:20 PM
like the above post said-Tyler Enviroguard systems ARE something else.
There's a few of them in the stores we do over here, and if it aint charged according to the calculation they provide, then you're sure to get high head in summer or starving in winter!
Our co. usually goes for two balls floating in the sightglass and we manage to avoid too many problems.
And if you look at the sightglass at random, you'll think it's low on gas when it's actually satisfied!

larry333
23-01-2009, 04:38 AM
I got to say, it's awsome to hear all this supermarket refrigeration chatter. It's so rare, even in school I was like the odd ball. ha ha