PDA

View Full Version : swamp boxs

Bevo
06-12-2008, 02:15 PM
hi guys,
im new to the air con game ,just relocated to Perth WA from shropshire UK,and have come across swamp boxes(Bonaire,Cool breeze) for the 1st time. Do any of you guys know where i can get hold of any info that may help me get started,ie installation/servicing/faultfinding manuals etc
thanks
Daz (Bevo)

paul_h
06-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Hey, I'm in perth and unfortunately have to service a few swampies.
Don't have any manuals, because after all they are just a fan and a water pump :D

Try thermelec in Malaga, Thats where I go for all coolbreeze and bonaire stuff. They do have manuals because I went there to pick up a fan shaft and bearings, and the parts guy (Gavin I think), is happy to help.
Repairing and installing them is their business though, not they may not offer you their whole library. :)

Gamato in bentley is good for pads and other spares.

Totaline in belmont is a carrier/toshiba agent and has spares and possibly manuals for the Brivis brand of swampies.

The other source of parts and info is airspares or seasonmakers.com.au

All depends where abouts in perth you are, north, south or east.

edit: Installation? I'm sure the units come with a manual, but it's mainly plumbers/roof plumbers and labourers jobs to install them.
Servicing? All they need is a hose out, dustpan brush to clean them, Vee belts on tha large older type, and optional ezydose antibacterial cartridge from actrol or airefrig in them.
The only part thats vaguely technical is setting the motor to current draw with a vee belt drive, or setting the fan speed minimum on the co-axial drive units.

Bevo
07-12-2008, 01:45 AM
cheers Paul ,
im south of the river,down in Mandurah,ive been involved in the installation of a few,not yet had the pleasure of servicing and repair so will be an interesting few months,cheers for your help
Daz