PDA

View Full Version : Daikin WM Timer

gwilliamson
05-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi Chaps, Hope everyone is well.

I have a customer with 4 x FTXS wall mounted units which he would like to set on a timer function to come on every day at a set time and also go off at a set time.

I think i am correct in saying that the remote control with these will only perform an on and off once in a day and will need to be set again to perform the same action the following day and so on.

I know there is a new wired remote that will wire directly into the FTXS range but budget is an issue.

Is there any way or programming that can be done to get the units to keep the timer function on permanently and repeat the on and off every day?

Thanks, Gareth

frank
05-12-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm afraid you can't alter the internal one event timer on the IR remote control.

What you need is 4 x KRP413 adapter PCB's, one connected to each FTXS indoor units. This will allow remote on/off control via a 7 day timeclock.

Krondor
06-12-2008, 06:41 AM
It is recommended to use the original solutions like KRP413 or wired remote controllers.

However, if you put a timer on the contol line "2" between each indoor and outdoor and "break" it when you want to stop the unit, it might also do the job...