PDA

View Full Version : Daikin fault code C7

starter
05-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Hi guys, I hope you are well today. I have a problem with my AC.... it won't start when I start it from the remote control, it only starts, when I start it from the on/off button on the indoor unit. When I've checked the fault codes it gives me C7 which is FRONT PANEL OPEN/CLOSE FAULT. What is causing this? Can this error be cleared from the memory, or this is some damaged component? :rolleyes: any help will be greatly appreciated.

I suppose the problem is in the vertical Louvers, as they are not turning when I'm starting it..

Any additional info you may need to diagnose the problem, just ask :D

superswill
05-12-2008, 07:26 PM
C7 malfunction of air flow adjust motor lock sensor

in short do the louvers work?
is the jack plug in right?
do you have voltage going the the drive motor?
is anything stopping the louvers from moving?

starter
05-12-2008, 07:50 PM
yes they are working, but only if you use the on/off key to start the AC.
definitive, when they are working the jack is plugged right.
yes there us voltage.
nothing is stopping them to move as freely as they want....

Once the AC is on you can operate the swings from the remote without any problem.

Obi Wan
05-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Starter

Do you have one of the flat panel type fan coils units. FTXG or CTXG. The front panel slowly pushes out when you switch this unit On. If yes then it’s a fault on one of the drive motors. See the attached

Hope it helps

Obi Wan

starter
05-12-2008, 09:08 PM
THANKS Obi Wan, It is exactly one of these units and it is not older than month....which is a bit disappointing. It seems this is exactly what I'm looking for (the picture you supplied), I will check the options and will come back with information on what I've done. Thanks once again! :D

I will describe what is happening when you push the on button of the remote control:

First there are 2 covers and 2 louvers.

The main cover is open slowly in full.
The second cover is open slowly in full.
Here is the moment in which the vertical louvers should rotate and open, but this doesn't happens.

Instead the small cover is going down, following is the big one.

The whole procedure is repeating once again and than it closes completely the covers, the on lamp starts to blink....

Now if you push the on/ff button located on the indoor unit, it starts operation normally, without any doubts........ the fault code I'm getting is C7 as you all know.

Obi Wan
05-12-2008, 09:20 PM
The motors seem to be OK. Think it might be the limit switch. This switch tells the processor when to stop operating the motor (when its fully open or closed)

Obi Wan

starter
07-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Hi again, there is another problem with this Daikin... :confused: soo maybe there was a power faliure but I'm not sure.

It can't hold the temperature. When you set 20 C it is making 23 or 24.... what is causing this and what I can do to fix it? thank you ! This is the same for all positions.

starter
04-01-2009, 01:03 AM
Soo the story is still the same here,the temperature is 4 degrees higher then the one set on the remote... any ideas how i can change this??? The louvers are working fine now, after a proper check and clean:cool:.

superswill
04-01-2009, 11:51 AM
is the unit sized correctly?

sinewave
04-01-2009, 03:32 PM
The louvers are working fine now, after a proper check and clean:cool:.

I thought you said this unit was only a month old? :eek:

starter
04-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Now it is 2 months old, but this is not important. The unit is sized correctly. What can be the problem if it is not? Is there a temperature sensor in the remote controller? Can the problem be in the heat exchange thermistor of the indoor unit (not properly positioned?)

superswill
04-01-2009, 08:22 PM
from memory daikin can use the units return air sensor or the remotes,if iam wrong iam sure someone can correct me,

starter
05-01-2009, 01:19 PM
So this means - yes there is a sensor in the remote?? I should change the batteeries, maybe they are week...

superswill
05-01-2009, 10:35 PM
So this means - yes there is a sensor in the remote?? I should change the batteeries, maybe they are week...

by changing the batts i now take it you have a infer red remote so scrap my last post the system will use its return sensor (air on) to monitor room temp

dimitrion
23-11-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm having the same issue with an ftxg25 with less than a month use! any ideas of what might be the cause?