PDA

View Full Version : Mobile / temp walk in units?

tricky ricky
04-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Before anybody start's to tell me it's not the best time to start a business, i'm just thinking about it.
What are other fridge engineer's veiws on mobile tempary cold rooms the type you tow behind a 4x4. Worked for a company doing this for about 5yrs and i think it's not a bad idea. What do you lot think??????

Brian_UK
04-12-2008, 11:58 PM
What side of that business are you proposing?

Making them
Servicing them
Delivering them.

Sledge
05-12-2008, 03:29 AM
I believe that now is absolutely the best time to start a business.

Under a normal successful healthy economy, most people will not take a chance on a new untried company doing technical work of any kind.

During hard times a small competitive company doing good work for reasonable/lower costs will be attractive to people who need work done but have to find a cheaper alternative.

You may get a chance where none would have existed other wise.

As for mobile refrigerated boxes; I have never seen any of them in the market i am in. I always look at the rental business as tying up a lot of money in assets. very competitive, maybe profitable if your pockets are deep and full of cash. I have never been in a position to consider it.

I think the only rental business that is guaranteed to make you lots of cash, with minimal investment is renting portable toilets...unfortunately they must be cleaned...

tricky ricky
05-12-2008, 11:58 AM
All three sides of it. I started out delivering them, went back onto the tools and started to build and service them.

tricky ricky
05-12-2008, 12:00 PM
The concept is easy, you basicly build a walk in coldroom about 300 cu ft in size (about 2mx2mx3.5m) and fit it with a mains powered monoblock. There walk in goes down and you provide the service of a tempary one untill there's is fixed.

p_p
05-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Have you done any marketing and if so what feed back have you had, also what is your client base going to be, are you going to raid your old companies customers?

PP

tricky ricky
05-12-2008, 07:24 PM
The client base is as big as you want to make it, ranaging from local pubs and cafe to large company's like KFC etc. As regarde to raiding my old companies customers then it would never be done on purpose but large companies do change service providers. And the company i worked for is further to the south.