PDA

View Full Version : Air conditioning inspections

billywizz
04-12-2008, 05:18 PM
My boss just dropped a load of paperwork on my lap relating to "Airconditioning inspections" under Energy Performance of Buildings Directives.
Anyone else out there in a similar position?

superswill
04-12-2008, 05:21 PM
My boss just dropped a load of paperwork on my lap relating to "Airconditioning inspections" under Energy Performance of Buildings Directives.
Anyone else out there in a similar position?

this is a new one on me but looking at the link its been around awhile,will be interested myself in this thread

http://europa.eu/scadplus/leg/en/lvb/l27042.htm

p_p
04-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Log on to the besca and hvca website they tell you all you need to know.

PP

mgtet
08-12-2008, 07:56 PM
yep, did a half day workshop last week. Regs due to kick in jan 2009 but according to the guy taking the training there is no one in the country qualified yet as they have only just figured out what the standards should be. Have another 2 day training session in january and then have to do 3 test cases, if all is succesful I will be a qualified air conditioning inspector/energy assesor. Will keep you posted.

p_p
08-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Please let me know where you are doing your training and how much it is costing, it is something i am going to look into I think it could be quite lucrative due to the shortage of asessors.

Regards

PP

superswill
08-12-2008, 10:13 PM
yep, did a half day workshop last week. Regs due to kick in jan 2009 but according to the guy taking the training there is no one in the country qualified yet as they have only just figured out what the standards should be. Have another 2 day training session in january and then have to do 3 test cases, if all is succesful I will be a qualified air conditioning inspector/energy assesor. Will keep you posted.

iam also interested in this,if you could post some info or links

mgtet
09-12-2008, 08:05 AM
training is being done at our offices. Don't know about the cost. To get on a course you will need to speak to some one at the HVCA or BESCA.