PDA

View Full Version : Samsung L36 Reset?

leftskidlow
04-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Help! Have a domestic customern with a fridge/freezer L3616B.
L3616B runs fine for days then just shuts down compressor. When customer turned it off/on it ran for 2 days and shut down again, fans and light all on but no comp. New pcb fitted and now nothing. Samsung wont help! Is there a reset procedure? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
In advance Thanks

sparrow
04-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Hi

I take it power supply is not an issue at the comp, and stat?

sparrow

dogma
04-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Is the compressor getting hotter than normal?? Is the resistance on the compressor windings fine? Is it going out on overload protection at the compressor?

Check all components at the compressor first. Does it start again if you plug the old pcb in??

paul_h
04-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Runs fine for two days?
Sounds like a defrost problem. They crap themselves if no circuit through the defrost circuit (open circuit klixon, thermal fuse or heater).
When that happens, the compressor will not cycle on because the system loses temp sensing.

I don't know that model of fridge, I only know the symptoms, it if runs perfectly everytime it's just turned off at the mains for a day or two, it sounds exactly like a samsung chucking a spaz when the defrost circuit is energized but it finds itself open circuit
So check defrost circuit for continuity.

leftskidlow
08-12-2008, 05:36 PM
comp windings fine, know of any fault codes on the led bar? And where is thermal fuse hidden?