PDA

View Full Version : leak fix

coolhibby1875
03-12-2008, 10:28 PM
hi my local nrs supplier was trying to sell me some leak repair in a can i was just wondering if anyone has tryed it and if so how did it work good

Brian_UK
03-12-2008, 10:36 PM
If it can fix a leak then it can fix a TXV ;)

Sledge
04-12-2008, 03:45 AM
I have never tried that, but I did try a magic spray from my supplier that was supposed to clean condensor coils, without blowing them out with water or air. A customer of mine insisted on using this product himself...it was like "Easy-Off" oven cleaner. It made dirt and grease etc, dissolve into a mushy sludge, that ran down the coil and hardened at the bottom like cement. I ended up changing a bunch of coils that were plugged so full of this stuff that I couldnt get them clean.

So I say, bring on the magic sprays, they will make us rich in the long run...if we live through the environmental damage.

dogma
04-12-2008, 02:59 PM
seen it, sold it, never used it.. The only thing that should be in a sealed refrigeration circuit should be refrigerant and oil.. If the OEM's thought that stop leak was a good idea they would market it themselves.

malik55
04-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Never introduce any chemical other then specified by the manufactures in the system.