PDA

View Full Version : Clips + sliders to attach a wood panel door to a fridge door.

geniescience
03-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Connecting the two so they work as one unit, opening together.

For a built-in look, I need plastic slider / glide hardware so that opening a wood door panel opens the fridge door with it.

Some F.I. fridges are white boxes with a kit to attach the fridge door to a _separate_ wood door panel that hinges on something else. When they both open together, there is some movement between the two doors as they both pivot on separate hinges and go through a different range of motion. Clips and sliders make them move together.

In North America, Blomberg's BRFB-0900 and last year's Liebherr HC-1001 are examples of this, while this year's Liebherr HC-1011 is an example of the other method, Overlay panels that hang on the fridge door itself.

Q: What to use for clip-slider-connectors? What key words or what do I need to know to get started? A slider-glide to hold the two doors together. Sliders for the separate door.

Here is why: I don't need to fully integrate to lineup to other cabinets, it's a stand-alone, so any fridge that Can Be Built In will do. It'll be column with custom doors and a finish panel on one side.

I don't know where to get connecting hardware -sliders- glides - or where to start looking. Instead of reinventing all the necessary dimensions and building it from scratch I think it would be good to ask who might know.

Thank you!
David

Toosh
03-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Connecting the two so they work as one unit, opening together.

For a built-in look, I need plastic slider / glide hardware so that opening a wood door panel opens the fridge door with it.

Some F.I. fridges are white boxes with a kit to attach the fridge door to a _separate_ wood door panel that hinges on something else. When they both open together, there is some movement between the two doors as they both pivot on separate hinges and go through a different range of motion. Clips and sliders make them move together.

In North America, Blomberg's BRFB-0900 and last year's Liebherr HC-1001 are examples of this, while this year's Liebherr HC-1011 is an example of the other method, Overlay panels that hang on the fridge door itself.

Q: What to use for clip-slider-connectors? What key words or what do I need to know to get started? A slider-glide to hold the two doors together. Sliders for the separate door.

Here is why: I don't need to fully integrate to lineup to other cabinets, it's a stand-alone, so any fridge that Can Be Built In will do. It'll be column with custom doors and a finish panel on one side.

I don't know where to get connecting hardware -sliders- glides - or where to start looking. Instead of reinventing all the necessary dimensions and building it from scratch I think it would be good to ask who might know.

Thank you!
David

Hi Genie, I got mine from the kitchen cupboard manufacturer, they are plastic

Norm

geniescience
12-12-2008, 04:44 PM
I'll have to make my own. I cannot find anyone willing to sell them. Not even anyone who has them. In North America.

Why are people so reluctant to put a door on a fridge? Afraid of gasket problems when they add a finishing panel on one side?

Karl Hofmann
13-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Try Espairs.... http://www.bizrate.co.uk/applianceparts_spares/oid713420633.html

Personally speaking, I hate integrated appliances... The thought of coming home after one pint too many and trying to find the fridge would totally flummox me