PDA

View Full Version : misubishi problems

dannycool
02-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi all

I am hoping someone can help because the misubishi helpline is of no help whatsoever:mad: anyway here is an equipment list

system 1
1 x PURY 650 (master and sub units)
1 x 16 port bc
15 x ducted fan coils (with remote sensors)

System 2
1 x PURY 650
1 x 16 port bc
1 x 4 port Sub bc
3 x ducted fan coils (with remote sensors)

Control 1x G50 with powerpack

Anyway i have powered the system up and set the groups on the G50, the G50 can only find one of the systems, the outdoor of the missing system flashes a 7201 fault and the G50 flashes a 6607 fault on all of the fancoils on that system.
i have checked and double checked wiring (all 1.5 2 core screened), all dip settings are correct, i have 30 volts at all of the missing indoors and no voltage drop, and the first system on the controller is working fine. I have the exact some problem on 2 other floors with the same setup.
There is some star wiring between fancoils, so i thought at first it was that so i started adding the fancoils 1 by 1 from the BC but still no joy!

I am slowly running out of ideas cany anybody help?

Thanks in advance
Danny

superswill
02-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi all

I am hoping someone can help because the misubishi helpline is of no help whatsoever:mad: anyway here is an equipment list

system 1
1 x PURY 650 (master and sub units)
1 x 16 port bc

System 2
1 x PURY 650
1 x 16 port bc
1 x 4 port Sub bc
3 x ducted fan coils (with remote sensors)

Control 1x G50 with powerpack

Anyway i have powered the system up and set the groups on the G50, the G50 can only find one of the systems, the outdoor of the missing system flashes a 7201 fault and the G50 flashes a 6607 fault on all of the fancoils on that system.
i have checked and double checked wiring (all 1.5 2 core screened), all dip settings are correct, i have 30 volts at all of the missing indoors and no voltage drop, and the first system on the controller is working fine. I have the exact some problem on 2 other floors with the same setup.
There is some star wiring between fancoils, so i thought at first it was that so i started adding the fancoils 1 by 1 from the BC but still no joy!

I am slowly running out of ideas cany anybody help?

Thanks in advance
Danny

Communication error - No ACK return the MNET cannot communicate with the address given, check for 30VDC at TB5 on that address possible address board error

System abnormality - Numeric values unsettled

sounds like an adressing fault to me have you double checked all the addressing?

eg outdoor adress 54 bc box 55 indoors 01 02 03 04 05 ect

do you also not have to set a dip switch on the city multi to tell it it has a G50?

been a while since ive touched a mitsi so this could make no sense

dannycool
02-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the reply

I have checked the dips and I get 30vdc at the fan coils, this is what baffles me.
I'm not aware of any switch on the outdoor other than cn40-41, but I don't need to change it because I'm using a powerpack, when using a g50, but I didn't have to set anything on the other system on the controller.

Regards
Danny

Thermatech
02-12-2008, 10:09 PM
The most common mistake on ducted indoor units is the double decker terminal block for the control wiring connection.
Only needs one to be connected to the wrong terminals & the whole system falls over.
1/ Mnet daisey chain for indoor units to B/C & outdoor on lower terminals.
2/ 12v remote controller only on top terminals.

If you are using PAR27 local remote controllers they are 30v & need to be connected to Mnet lower terminals together with the daisey chain. Again you only need one 30v r/c connected to the 12v top terminals & the whole system falls over.

You are pushing the limits with 19 indoor units if they all have remote controllers for the outdoor unit 30v d/c.
I have had a couple of system of that size & we had to install 30v d/c Mnet booster pack.
The voltage at the last few indoor units on the daisey chain drops to about 26v d/c & then problems as you describe.
Try starting the system with just one B/C box & one indoor unit connected on the 30v d/c Mnet daisey chain. If ok then start adding indoor units.
Do a virgin start procedure each time you add or remove any indoor units so that the outdoor unit only does an electrinic hand shake with the units connected & is not looking for units not connected.

You must have the address setting of outdoor units, B/C & all indoor unit correct on the 1st system so that you could register them on the G50 but that systems has only got one B/C so I wonder if you have set up the master slave B/C box address settings on the 2nd system correctly ?

BTW

7201 ??? its not in the manual.
7102 is more likely = incorrect number of indoor units connected.

If I was on site with you then I would show you how to use a standard remote controller as a service tool to find out all the address settings of all the units in the system & how to use the remote controller as a service tool to locate any incorrect address setting problems before connecting the system to the G50.
But thats all a bit to difficult to explain on here.

So long as every unit has correct address setting & control wiring connection it will work 99.9 times out of 100.
I have never yet had one that I could not locate & resolve the problem at commissioning.