PDA

View Full Version : Daikin ducted RY250KUY1

paul_h
02-12-2008, 05:27 AM
Does that unit exist in the UK?
It's a large R22 ducted unit thats a few years old.
It's in a building that I maintain and I just went there because of an "E0" protection fault.
I couldn't find anything wrong with the unit after resetting the mains, so I'm after a service manual for it.
Daikin is a closed shop down here, but there's no point in trying to get extranet access for the UK site if that model isn't listed over there.
So anyone got a SM for it, or know if daikin.uk would let an aussie get access to their files?

Toolman
02-12-2008, 06:42 AM
I think EO means safety has tripped on outdoor unit http://www.daikinac.com/commercial/pdf/service_manual/SkyAir_SiUS25-501.pdf (http://www.daikinac.com/commercial/pdf/service_manual/SkyAir_SiUS25-501.pdf)

Toolman
02-12-2008, 06:48 AM
I have the complete fault code listing for Daikin at the office , will try to scan and post it later ...

paul_h
02-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Thanks, I have the fault codes already.
Just after a full service manual because I have to maintain this unit now, also because I could find nothing wrong with the system despite the E0 error.
Isn't E0 a generic error anyway that could mean anything in the outdoor unit?

Ross
02-12-2008, 11:40 AM
I think if I remember from my Daikin days the 'E0' on the RY250KUY1 can be a fault with either the compressor or the outdoor fans overload. I think if you look at the wiring diagram you will find the safety devices for these are in series.

paul_h
02-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks, the compressor o/l wasn't tripped. The fans worked fine (self reseting internal overload I guess?).
If so, see if it happens again I suppose, but I spotted nothing amiss, nothing running hot/noisy/cutting out.
Still chasing a SM for the unit though.

frank
02-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Hi Paul

We've covered this many times on here.

The RY means it's a heat pump, (K) series K and (Y1) means it's 3 phase. The 250 means it's rated at 25kw or thereabouts.

EO is an external protection activation code, related to either the compressor or condenser fan(s) motor.

The grey wires coming off the outdoor pcb provide 240volt to the internal overload on the motor windings, which is then fed back to the pcb. When the motor (compressor/fan motor) gets too hot and breaks the internal overload, the outdoor sees a loss of the 240v 'loop' and faults with EO.

My guess is the compressor.

As you are finding, when you get to site, the offending motor has cooled down and reset so it appears to run without a problem, although the error code needs resetting before the unit will operate again.

I would megger the motors. It's a sure sign that the windings are starting to cook.

I agree, they can be tricky to diagnose

Obi Wan
05-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Does that unit exist in the UK?
It's a large R22 ducted unit thats a few years old.
It's in a building that I maintain and I just went there because of an "E0" protection fault.
I couldn't find anything wrong with the unit after resetting the mains, so I'm after a service manual for it.
Daikin is a closed shop down here, but there's no point in trying to get extranet access for the UK site if that model isn't listed over there.
So anyone got a SM for it, or know if daikin.uk would let an aussie get access to their files?

Hi Paul h,

We used to get a similar unit to the one you have. (We had RY250F) may just be different in the model name.

Anyway, on this unit we had a little PCB marked as A2P which had an optical relay on it. It was used to monitor the overload relay on the compressor contactor. If the overload tripped even for a millisecond it tripped the unit on the E0 fault. To reset the fault you had to reset the power supply.

If all the safeties are OK then check the A2p PCB or may be you have the overload relay tripping.

Good luck.

Obi Wan

Kaiser
06-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi Paul h,
I have the service manual, just need email address to send.

paul_h
07-12-2008, 04:45 AM
I'll email you through the address you gave R_E.
Mods don't like any email adresses posted in the forum.
Thanks.

Daikin=Overated
10-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi Paul.

What was the outcome on this E0 fault in the end?

I'm curious because I've attended a site recently with exactly the same problem. According to Daikin Tech support the A2P secondary PC board is only fitted to SkyAir R407C series systems over here. I have a similar board only my outdoors is a 3ph R22 model FHYC125FJ7V1 so how can this be Daikin?

Anyway. There has been reverse phase issues I'm aware of. That was resolved (albeit temporarily one hopes) by simply reversing one of the two phases. All three phases are present. I didn't have time to go in to this issue too deeply on the last visit, however I thought I'd ask so I can get my brain geared up in the mean time.

Regards,

J.

paul_h
11-12-2008, 12:33 AM
No fault reported to me since I was there last and reset the unit. So it's run fine for over a week.

So I am just guessing that a phase or two on the mains from the street was interupted while the unit was running.

Drew
20-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Im also having an E0 fault and am trying to eliminate all these auto reset switches. From what Ive read from above we have the 2 x outdoor fan motors internal overloads, 1 x comp internal overload , 1 x compressor contactor Manual reset overload and 1 x A2P pcb.
My fault doesnt seem to be compressor contactor overload as it didnt need resetting.
I would like to understand more about the pcb A2P.
What does it look for to trip? And why have this saftey when we already have a Contactor manual reset overload?

stumkethoreen
01-11-2009, 05:57 PM
hi there a got the same prob with eo code and have chect comp and fans are good pls help

El Padre
02-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Paul,

Have you tried registering on the extranet via the Daikin UK website, all the split/VRV/F manufacturers are very forthcoming in advice and literature over here, now if it was a York chiller that might be a different story.

Cheers