PDA

View Full Version : LG side by side fridge freezer

stuart29k
30-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi, can anyone help me? I have a 4 year old side by side freezer and a few days ago i noticed that the ice in the tray made by the icemaker was all in a solid lump.I think the reason for this is that the tray is getting tipped out to soon,so the ice is actually getting made or finished in the storage tray rather than the icecube tray.Also at the back of the freezer under the icemaker is a white wire with a white rectangular rubber end on it,i have never noticed this before and think it has worked loose and is maybe a sensor for telling when the ice is ready,has anybody got any ideas? cheers stu

George3519
11-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Its been a while since i worked on lgs but that white piece is a sensor which clips to the bottom of the ice tray

TECH TIM
12-12-2008, 01:34 AM
Correct you should be able to find a clip under the icemaker to reattach the sensor, the clip may also have fallen down you may to empty your freezer to find clip, the sensor would likely be reading incorrect temps and causing ice maker to finish cycle premature if any more probs please let me know model number and country i may be able to look more into it i dont get in here too often but i will try to remember to check

stuart29k
12-12-2008, 06:56 PM
cheers mate,just checked it,clip has actually broke off,need to see about a new tray.

stuart29k
12-12-2008, 06:59 PM
cheers mate,checked it there,one of the clips has broken off,i'll see about sourcing a new tray