PDA

View Full Version : TIF. Transport innovation fund.

slingblade
28-11-2008, 01:53 PM
As some of you may know the powers that be are proposing a congestion charge system to greater manchester roads during peak times from 2013 onwards. my ballot papers arrived today and i for one am voting NO. it is clearly not possible for an engineer to get a van load of tools on public transport. using the roads is not by choice but necessary to service the needs of customers, the threat of a potential £1200 tax a year per vehicle on a company fleet just because they are based in or near manchester is unfair and unjustified by the proposed investment in public transport, as this will not stop thousands of lazy women flooding roads every morning driving 200 yards to drop children off a schools.

p_p
28-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Spot on slingblade!

There is never any thought for the service engineer who,s toolbox is his van, when the council plonkers introduce these schemes.

Keep Fighting

PP

chillin out
28-11-2008, 03:34 PM
I voted 'Yes' because I don't live near Manchester so would never have to drive through it.
Also, the tax earned through this would hopefully delay the chance of any tolls opening up near me.
Plus, I have a few friends down in that area and this would annoy the hell out of them....lol

Cheer up lads, just think of that massive drop in VAT that we are getting....lol

Chillin:):)

multisync
28-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Also, the tax earned through this would hopefully delay the chance of any tolls opening up near me.

Chillin:):)

In a "hey look at how much tax Manchester is raising -better not do the same..." kinda way?

I suspect your logic is somewhat flawed..

Multisync
london

slingblade
29-11-2008, 01:34 PM
I can not believe 3 people have voted yes to this.
check this out

www.stopthecharge.co.uk

this is not like the central london congestion charge, it's all around the M60 ring with another central ring further in towards the city centre, a potential of £1200 pounds a year if your commute crosses both every day, that for some people is a months wage per annum taxed.:mad:

I dont think it will be long before there is a transponder in every car in the UK and any journey is taxed by the mile.