PDA

View Full Version : Check discharge & evaporating temperature !

oilzee
28-11-2008, 07:39 AM
Hello every body , i have a simple question , may i know the accuracy of using digital temperature control to check the temperature at suction temperature at evaporator outlet.For example Danfoss EKC201 , Eliwell EWPC901 , Dixell XR20C and etc.
Can i buy a analogue thermometer with a prode ( range
20°c to 160°c ) to check the temperature at compressor output or condenser output ? Thank you .

oilzee
28-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Some people say , not all the probe are suitable for surface contact , if i use those instruments , will i get the correct temperature ? should i spend more time to look for analogue thermometer ( it is quite difficult to buy the range from 20°c - 160°c ) ? i really want to learn the correct way .

paul_h
28-11-2008, 03:22 PM
I use a surface probe for digital type 'k' digital thermometers like this:
http://us.fluke.com/usen/products/AccessoryDetail.htm?cs_id=9452%28FlukeProducts%29&catalog_name=FlukeUnitedStates&category=PRTP)

I've used a few different types of surface probes, that one has lasted the longest without wearing/breaking though

oilzee
28-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks for your reply and infomation provided !

SteinarN
28-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Some people say , not all the probe are suitable for surface contact , if i use those instruments , will i get the correct temperature ?

The round sensors delivered with those comercial regulators does quite well. Use some heat conducting grease between the sensor and the pipe, fasten it with two plastic strips and insulate well with cell foam like armaflex. Pt 1000 omh sensors delivered with the EKC201 or even better the still cheap AKC 402 has the best accuracy. The PTC sensors delivered with say Eliwell has poorer accuracy.

This setup may fit a semi permanent supervision for the evaporator outlet of a comercial system. For a quick check of the superheat a portable instrument is maybe the simplest. Be however aware of the difficulties in accurately measuring tempereatures well below freezing with a portable instrument like Fluke or any other make on a freezer system

oilzee
29-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Thanks for your reply, i am going to evaluate again which method to use .