PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol flush

George Askew
28-11-2008, 07:33 AM
Alcohol flush? Hi Guys
Well trying to get a decent flushing agent to the Congo is not easy as I am told most from S Africa are "Hazmat" ie flammable and cant come by air
About the only thing I can get here is rubbing alcohol. I have used it slightly before on another condensor flush with a sort of success
I intend flushing out bad oil from a Ziagra icemachine plant[7.5hp Copeland semi] using a waterpump and then 8bar of air to blast stuff out then lots of vaccuming.
Any comments?

George :confused:

nike123
29-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Alcohol flush? Hi Guys
Well trying to get a decent flushing agent to the Congo is not easy as I am told most from S Africa are "Hazmat" ie flammable and cant come by air
About the only thing I can get here is rubbing alcohol. I have used it slightly before on another condensor flush with a sort of success
I intend flushing out bad oil from a Ziagra icemachine plant[7.5hp Copeland semi] using a waterpump and then 8bar of air to blast stuff out then lots of vaccuming.
Any comments?

George :confused:
I would try that approach on some small equipment, ready to dispose, to see what is needed (in time and material) to make system dry again and you should have electronic vacuum gauge to confirm that you achieved that dryness.

Tesla
01-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Good answer nike123
George if it were almost impossibe to source regulary a good solvent for flushing you could try to recycle it. Using an old open drive condensing unit equiped with acid removing driers in liquid line and suction line filters to remove contaminants. Use as a batch type process repeated on each section/main component as nessacery.