PDA

View Full Version : Polar/Nice Icemakers

Cooldave
27-11-2008, 07:50 AM
Seen quite a few questions about Polar ice makers on here any body with probs please pm me see if i can help
Cooldave Polar engineer

oilyrag66
19-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Seen quite a few questions about Polar ice makers on here any body with probs please pm me see if i can help
Cooldave Polar engineer

hi dave im having a problem with above machine t318 hope you can help out
regards
lee

nh3wizard
19-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Cooldave Polar engineer

Cooldave,

Instead of a pm, how about having it posted for all to see the problem, and mainly to see what you suggest and others, and maybe we ALL could learn from your vast knowledge of Polar ice makers.

trawicki
21-05-2009, 10:56 AM
hi, i am trying to fix a niceice n20 machine. it freezes theice but does not stop freezing until it is too late and all the blocks have frozen together. i have checked the water temp sensor and it seems to work. are there problems with the relays on these models/
jan trawicki

Megatyte
14-09-2010, 04:12 PM
hi, i am trying to fix a niceice n20 machine. it freezes theice but does not stop freezing until it is too late and all the blocks have frozen together. i have checked the water temp sensor and it seems to work. are there problems with the relays on these models/
jan trawicki

Hi,

This is an old thread but i've just repaired an N20 with the same problem. This info may be of use to someone else.
When the blocks freeze together and the temp sensor is OK the problem will be the stirrer pump pipes are blocked. They get slimed up. The pump feeds from the left of the tray, opposite the motor, and returns on the back left of the tray (the temp sensor is clipped to it).
If the ice sheet has jammed the tray it's possible that it's also stripped the gears on the synchron motor. The motor can be replaced with a Polar ZB20 motor, available at Akro, ref AA254. If you need to replace the motor then also get the motor pin.

AH

Bachuss
25-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Your not recieving pm's dave I left a visitors message for you though out lineing my problem.

charlie patt
25-01-2011, 08:12 PM
thanks cool dave you must be one busy boy working on what i can only discribe as the biggest pile of rubbish we have ever worked on on the assemble line they must be blind the braizing is something else no disrespect dave but it must be a mission