PDA

View Full Version : Fire Run

steve_k
26-11-2008, 10:28 PM
don't have any service stories yet so you will have to do with a wind up story,

Last year i was working back in the UK on an ex mod nuclear bunker conversion, I think 10 months underground (wasn't that bad) must of affected us because the various trades started playing little triks on each other:p

for some reason the AC engineer was not amused and being 6'6" made it known not to mess with him:confused:

That weekend I was playing air soft (paintball) with some friends, you could buy smoke grenades, and for a tenner they had the mother of all smoke grenades, which i promptly purchased:o

The outside units had been installed in the top of 2 service ventilation towers, the engineers had struggled to get the units to the top of these towers, they where accessed by one ladder onto a gantry then another to the top of the towers, the units where installed inside the towers,

Now a fast AC engineer is a very rare thing to see, but when he saw smoke bellowing out of the top of the tower, he treated us to a rare display of speed, I think it took 5 minuets for his heart to start beating and to stop swearing lol,
what astonished us more was that he saw the funny side, very rare indeed for an AC engineer, :o

you got any stories of mischief?

steve_k
26-11-2008, 10:41 PM
just a quickie for a mod

why cant i edit my posts? I see others with edit notes, am i missing something simple? or do i need to wait till i am a responsible adult

chillin out
27-11-2008, 11:17 AM
It's a time/amount of posts thing, plus we need to make sure you are mature enough which going by your pranking you are not....lol

If you need a post edited in the meantime just let me know and I will sort it for you.

Chillin:):)

frank
29-11-2008, 08:22 PM
You are allowed to edit your post for about 20 minutes after posting.

After that - give Chillin or one of the other Mods a shout.

steve_k
30-11-2008, 11:07 PM

but i don't sober up till 6 hours after posting :eek:

slingblade
01-12-2008, 12:55 AM

After that - give Chillin or one of the other Mods a shout.

Not on my internet bud, iv'e just looked at one of my old posts (far longer than 20 mins) and the edit function was there. what is missing is my ability to close my own threads. bit miffed about that. have a bogie:confused:
in fact have 2:p:D

750 Valve
01-12-2008, 02:31 AM
you got any stories of mischief?

when they built Stadium Australia for the Sydney 2000 olympics there were 3 main refrig companies on site, one doing coolrooms and freezers, one doing bars beverage coolrooms and one solely doing beer plumbing. One of the fellows doing the kegrooms had an extreme amount of hardship carrying out his pressure tests, seems he always had a loose flare nut on one side of his liquid line driers..... the other company used solder line driers. ;):D