PDA

View Full Version : Dual condensors in parallel

fireandice
26-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Is it ok to pipe two condensors in parallel of different sizes and if so would staging the fans on a pressure switch cause any problems. Thanks for your help

CHIEF DELPAC
26-11-2008, 03:18 PM
fireandice In my small NH3 plant one of my enginerooms has 4 different sized condensors in parallel.The lead condensor has pressure switch for controll of fans and water pump. The other condensors are manual on off. I havent noticed any condensing problems. C.D.

Don Davis
26-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Connecting pipe work must be performed properly. Suggest you go to www.baltimoreaircoil.com (http://www.baltimoreaircoil.com) and click on 'evaporative condensers'. Order their free piping manual.

fireandice
26-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Would the piping layout be the same for air cooled condensers, after reading the description it looks like the condensers are required to be a reasonable height above the receiver, is there anyway around this to still make it work correctly? I am looking at adding a 30kw condenser in parallel to the existing 70kw condenser rather than replacing the 70kw unit with a completely new 100kw one. I am a bit worried about how the flow rate will be divided up between the condensers when both are running. Would like to get it right the first time without spending the extra for the new condenser, otherwise the project will not go ahead. Thanks for the replies.

Peter_1
27-11-2008, 04:48 PM
You must add a large U bend (3 to 6 feet) at the condenser outlet and then collect both in 1 collector to counteract pressure difference in both.