PDA

View Full Version : Environmental Room

Iceman1956
25-11-2008, 10:26 PM
I have been asked by one of our customers if it is possible to build a couple of small environmental rooms. These are to test the storage of aerosol canisters. They want to run the rooms at 40C and then bring back down to 20C. There will be two rooms approx 2.5 x 3.0 metres. Both require to run independently of each other. The problem that I have is I can’t find any equipment small enough to look after the rooms. Naturally small splits are out as they will not go upto 40C. Ducted systems are too large for these rooms and start at 5KW. I need something that is still what I would call basic control, not controlled by a microprocessor, preferably that can have electrical heaters fitted to them. Does anyone know of anything that is on general supply in the UK. I have tried the usual Airedale and IMI but they do not have anything to offer.

Brian_UK
25-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Have you approached any AHU manufacturers about the problem?

They should be able to come up with a simple solution for these rooms.

Such as..

http://www.nuaire.co.uk/Product/Commercial_Products/Air_Handling_Units

US Iceman
25-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Environmental chambers are very specialized. I have worked on a few for engine emission testing and large AC rooftop units. They are nothing like a split unit, etc.

The refrigeration systems are either custom designed for the project by an enterprising company or provided by a manufacturer who does this type of work almost exclusively.

Iceman1956
26-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Environmental chambers are very specialized. I have worked on a few for engine emission testing and large AC rooftop units. They are nothing like a split unit, etc.

The refrigeration systems are either custom designed for the project by an enterprising company or provided by a manufacturer who does this type of work almost exclusively.
These rooms are not true environmental rooms as we know them, I have a number of large environmental chambers on contract. It is the small size of these rooms that is the problem, they are to enable the aerosols to be tested at 40C storage conditions. Finding equipment that as low as 2Kw on a ducted type is near impossible, and we dont have any hot water/steam near by either, so we are left with electrical heat again can't find anythig this low for close control equipment.

Zpoint
24-04-2010, 05:45 PM
I started my career working for Conviron, Controlled Environments Inc. They specialize in environmental chambers and growth chambers. This is a very specialized field.

I can help you design the system you need.

Drop me an email at c38refrigeration@yahoo.com

Jeff P.