PDA

View Full Version : carrier chiller trouble

martin99
25-11-2008, 08:31 PM
I have just been working on a carrier chiller-30 ra 100, and over charged it but it still keeps tripping out on low pressure, why is this?

frank
25-11-2008, 09:05 PM
but it still keeps tripping out on low pressure, why is this?
Because the low pressure control detects low pressure.

Is the low pressure control faulty or do you genuinely have a low pressure condition?

If you have a low pressure condition, but a full or over charge, your evaporator is being starved

Iceman1956
25-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Martin

You have to have to take the whole system conditions when working with water chillers, don't just look at the refrigeration side, but also look at the water circuit. try and get pressure readings before and after the exp valve. are you over condensing. The list is endless. Get all your pressure and temperature readings from the whole system and you should be able to get a better idea of what is going on. Don't forget to take on and off temperatures on the water circuit, also water flow if you have the equipment.

Gary
26-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Do yourself a favor. Get in the habit of ALWAYS checking the air/water flow through both the evaporator and condenser BEFORE you put your gauges on any system.

hendry
26-11-2008, 02:03 AM
I have just been working on a carrier chiller-30 ra 100, and over charged it but it still keeps tripping out on low pressure, why is this?
Hi martin,

You have stressed 2 points, here.
1. over charged;
2. low pressure.

To me, both are different symptoms.

To help you, we need more & precise description of your problems.

cheers!

Hendry @ Malaysia

Gary
26-11-2008, 03:10 AM
Two questions come to mind:

Why did you think it was undercharged?

Why do you now think it is overcharged?

chris96
26-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Martin
Try checking the filter dryer, i had two of these units both next to each other pack up within a month of each other, both tripping on L/P. Liquid backing up at the dryer causing a pump down.
Check the temp's either side of the dryer.

Chris.

cool_tech
11-12-2008, 08:09 AM
hello,
just a quick question how old is this chiller, we have had problems with the 30rb chiller always going out on repeated low suction pressure. carrier have had a bad batch of pressure transducers

fafa
20-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Hi Cool Tech,
30 RB is running with R410A and 30RA is running with R407c.
The HP and BP transducers aren't the same between these machines.

Martin99
Do you have check the delta between the BP Transducer and your manifold?
Do you check the expansion valve?

Noori
20-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Dear Martin99
U should look over all the operation of the system and check all the reading for the temperature and the pressure of the refrigerant circuit and also for the air and water circuit so that u can do all the necessary calculation before u add gas or do any other function .

Gibbo
20-12-2008, 12:18 PM
I have also experienced blocked driers on the 30 RA Chillers here in England

Grizzly
20-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Martin.
I have removed 20kg of refrigerant from a chiller showing signs of and tripping out on L.P.
Reason the L.W.T. Probe was reading 5c warmer than actual temp.
Therefore the chiller control software was driving the comps / suction pressure.
Way past it 's design pressure and the set-point was being overshot.

Causing as i said for an overcharged chiller to trip on L.P.
Just a thought!
By the way there is some good advise available above. (above my thread I mean!)
Cheers Grizzly

klaypraveen
09-05-2009, 03:08 PM
hi,iam klay here iam looking for carrier chiller software could any one can help me in finding it or mailing me

nike123
09-05-2009, 03:22 PM
hi,iam klay here iam looking for carrier chiller software could any one can help me in finding it or mailing me
Start your own tread, more likely you will get the answer.
Also, use search function of this board.

oldschooleng
12-07-2009, 10:37 AM
i think you will find that you either have poor water flow or a faulty expansion valve is one circuit is running ok i would go with the valve

haree
19-07-2009, 04:16 AM
It's easy. You must think 2 tasks:
1st: check and compare the tranducer with your manifold and check position that you measured the valve opens? are there filter? maybe check the connections with the tranducer to the CPM. if ok, you must check 2nd step.
2nd: Check all valves from the refrigerant filter and EXV, TXV,... to compressor ok? check operation of ref. filter? check chilled water pump about rotation way, flow?
other task: You must think about OIL. Over charge? maybe.

If all ok, low pressure fault again. You must change ref.

Millye81
07-08-2010, 11:33 AM
hi , i have a carrier chiller 30rb model whit 6 compressors and i have excessive power consumption , operates 16 hours a day and consume 2880 kw at this time, that is 180kw per hour with a single compressor. is this normal consumption.

please help