PDA

View Full Version : Help need electrical advise

JAMES79
25-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Hello i'm a 2nd year air con student, have been suggested this site by my lecturer for help with the following.

Am pre-commissioning a mitsubishi, split wall mount unit and as part of the assignment been asked to check the continuity and polarity for both indoor and out door units as well as checking the integrity of the circuit protection conductor. If anyone could help or suggest any sites which may be useful iwould be gratful thanks.

Brian_UK
25-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Hi James and welcome.

I think that you should be looking for an electrician for the solution in answer to the question. You need to check out manufacturers of electrical test meters and follow their instructions.

Continuity of the power and control cabling.

Polarity of the control cabling.

Circuit Protection Conductor to me says - earth wire.

Electrocoolman
25-11-2008, 11:50 PM
The test equipment that you require is a PSC tester. (Potential Short-circuit Current) tester. It also measures the 'loop impedance' between the Phase and the Earth (Circuit Protection Conductor).

When you connect it, it indicates (usually via neons) if the circuit is of the correct polarity (Phase - Neutral - Earth) and whether it is safe to proceed with the test.

Hope this helps.

hendry
26-11-2008, 03:12 AM
Hello i'm a 2nd year air con student, have been suggested this site by my lecturer for help with the following.

Am pre-commissioning a mitsubishi, split wall mount unit and as part of the assignment been asked to check the continuity and polarity for both indoor and out door units as well as checking the integrity of the circuit protection conductor. If anyone could help or suggest any sites which may be useful iwould be gratful thanks.

Hi James,
your questions will only be answered if you run thru Electrical & Electronics syllabus.

1stly, the basics is important. without that, you will NOT understand the logics of the works you are doing.
then, you will perform works blindly & each result means nothing to you.

Please read few e&e books... carry on from there.

cheers.

Hendry @ Malaysia

wambat
26-11-2008, 04:16 AM
You should use one of these to make it easy
http://www.circuitsiren.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=24