PDA

View Full Version : Help R22 - 407C

pomdekiwi
23-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Hi need a bit of help with this condensor change..

The condenser is an airedale pack unit which is being changed and is situated on the roof directly above the cold room it feeds.

The old R22 unit hasnt burnt out but sustained damage beyond repair (another story)so R407C unit seemed the perfect choice my question is..

I'm going to change the TEV on the evap coil but what other suggions do you have like oil change and filter change as this will be my first conversion experiance an i'd hate to bodge my customers kit.

Many thanks

narkom
24-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi!
I guess this guideline will help you
http://www.hvacrinfo.com/cope_ae_bulletins/95-14.PDF

pomdekiwi
24-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Hey cheers fella that pretty much sums up what i was looking for.although in this case the compressor and condenser coils will be brand new. so do you recon it woud be ok just to change the filter drier an just leave any oily residue that may be in the evap coils ?

Many many thanks for your help

Pom

Brian_UK
24-11-2008, 11:19 PM
HI, also some data here -
http://www.bristolcompressors.com/InfoDocs/Application%20Bulletin%20124.pdf

narkom
25-11-2008, 04:37 PM
so do you recon it woud be ok just to change the filter drier an just leave any oily residue that may be in the evap coils ?
Pom

The answer your question is in data from Brian_UK (thanks!!).
Page 10 step 6.2

pomdekiwi
26-11-2008, 09:43 PM
cheers narcom but in this occasion its not a compressor burn out its completely healthy system.

Do any of you think that i should put a filter on the sution line (ive never seen one on a suction line).

Many thanks chaps

Pom

TECH TIM
27-11-2008, 06:10 AM
I know here in aus we can get burn out dryers for suction line although your not a burn out it should assist ensuring only clean oils returns to compressor but you may need to find out if the new unit has a different type of oil and if so are they compatable

pomdekiwi
27-11-2008, 03:16 PM
As per the full story at the stat of the thread tim and the header...

Its a brand new 407c compressor pack replacing the old perfectly healthy r22 one which is situated above the evep coils. i will be changing the tev for good measure but what other safegaurds should i conduct to make it a good professional job..

that Was the original question.

Many many thanks for all your help to date guys, putting my mind at ease about this particular job.

Pom

pomdekiwi
01-12-2008, 07:55 PM
well todays the day that i do the swop over I will keep you posted on how it goes.Ive left it on pressure test tonight so back on it in the morning.

Pom

pomdekiwi
02-12-2008, 06:03 PM
it went very well.Removed old unit and vac'd out the system after replaceing the filter drier An pressure test.

Got the head pressure to about 252psi an suction about 66psi an had to adjust the TEV about half a turn to give superheat of about 8.5 - 9 deg c

All working well an will venture back up to brstol in a few weeks to check all is ok.
pom