PDA

View Full Version : C & G Courses

malik55
22-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Do CITY & GUILDS allows to take Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Course privately, without attending a Insititute, I mean if some one is already working in the industry is it possible just to take the examnations? if yes then course number please,
Also is any other recognised institute in UK allows to take their courese internationally?

taz24
22-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Do CITY & GUILDS allows to take Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Course privately, without attending a Insititute, I mean if some one is already working in the industry is it possible just to take the examnations? if yes then course number please,
Also is any other recognised institute in UK allows to take their courese internationally?

It depends on the course and the provider.

City & Guilds are only an awarding body, you can do the course anywhere and with anyone who is acredited to deliver the course.

The courses can be done in your work place, in centres, by mobile units and distance learning.

I notice you are in the UAE, you may struggle to find a traing provider who covers that area, but there are a few distance learning packages available.

Let us know what course you want to do and I'll see if I can provide you with more information.

Cheers taz.

malik55
24-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks TAZ for the answer,
Is it pssible to take C&G 6017/6087 or 1012 privately, or any other related coures.
If I am not wrong in 70,s /80,s , Refirigeration courses were available but may be they had changed afterwards, I asked in the fourm because you are in UK and have information, or can get from them easily.

taz24
25-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Thanks TAZ for the answer,
Is it pssible to take C&G 6017/6087 or 1012 privately, or any other related coures.
If I am not wrong in 70,s /80,s , Refirigeration courses were available but may be they had changed afterwards, I asked in the fourm because you are in UK and have information, or can get from them easily.

Hi Mate.

The NVQ Can be done through a lot of providers.
but the assessor needs to assess you working in your work place. That could be awkward for a UK based provider if you are working in the UAE. If you are working in the UK there are lots of centres that provide NVQ.

Try
http://www.cityandguilds.com/cps/rde/xchg/SID-CB04C03B-FE4EA9BE/cgonline/hs.xsl/search_results.html?fQuery=training+providers&fSearchType=site
for a centre.

taz
f

malik55
26-11-2008, 04:16 PM
THANXS 4 the info....:cool: