PDA

View Full Version : Water issues / Zanussi Fridge Freezer / ZNB 3240

markiemark
21-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Our unit is a few years old.

I have a water issue.

For months now we have had water build up in the refridgerator section. It just needs to be wiped out every day but it would be good to fix it properly.

I have heard that there may be a small hole in the interior rear which needs cleaning? I am not sure what purpose such a hole would serve.

Thanks in advance.

chillin out
21-11-2008, 02:58 PM
I have heard that there may be a small hole in the interior rear which needs cleaning? I am not sure what purpose such a hole would serve.
The purpose of this hole is to drain the water away which saves people having to mop up the water.

Clean it out with a small pipe cleaner or use a air spray (one of them spray air cans that is used to clean keyboards) to blast the muck out.

Chillin:):)

George Jackson
27-11-2009, 04:46 PM
My Indesit TA5 S Fridge Freezer does exactly the same and yes we`ve been wiping the water away daily too. I`ve cleaned the drain hole and hope this will solve the problem. However, can anybody tell me why the fridge is constantly freezing de-freezing on the back panel. I`m quite sure that things aren`t touching the back panel. Seals are good, no noise and freezer is fine. Help please!:(

Magoo
27-11-2009, 10:26 PM
George
The back panel is designed to freeze and defrost every cycle, and the resulting condensate is drained out and ends up in a tray on top of compressor or in a tray with a heater, to evaporate it away.
If drain tube is blocked then ends up in the fridge cabinet and you have to mop it up. Try a long flexible something ( I use that plastic coated curtain wire ) and get it right through to the tray outside, then flush out with hot water and sanitze mixture.
The gunge comes from dust etc., in the air and slimes up/blokes the drain.
Here endeth the lesson in clearing fridge drains.
magoo

Brian_UK
27-11-2009, 10:51 PM
The freezing/defrosting is why they are now called 'Frost Free'.

paul thompson
27-11-2009, 10:59 PM
The freezing/defrosting is why they are now called 'Frost Free'.
or a larder fridge . which have been out for years . nothing to do with frost free freezers . :)

spimps
27-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Try using a Plastic cable tie to push down the hole and "broggle"about !