PDA

View Full Version : Zanussi freezer problems

Mitchrobbo
19-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi,
I recently moved into rented accomodation and too be honest the flat was in a bit of a mess due to the previous tenant.

We very rarely use the freezer section of our fridge freezer but late saturday night i was taking some food out and it seemed rather warm, well not warm but not as cold as it should be. But there were massive amounts of frost everywhere.

I put this down to it probably not being defrosted ever, so sunday morning i thought i would defrost it. Again it was majorly frosty and not cold enough so i set about removing the trays. The top one was in so tightly it was a struggle to get out but with the aid of hot water i managed to. There was thick ice,frost at the back and there seemed to be a tiny tiny hiss which wasnt present at the start. After using hot water to remove this ice. The hiss became loud and a puff of gas followed.

The freezer is now totally empty and no frost remains, but now i can see scratches on the bottom and sides of the freezer compartment, could the hot water have caused the coil like pipe to leak? If not how could the coil become broken if it was working although frostily?

i didnt take an inventory when i moved in and dont want to be charged for damage i didnt cause.

Can anyone shed any light on the problem?

Many thanks in advance
Mitch

nike123
19-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Probably someone has before tried to free with force some iced items and make that scratches which now leaks refrigerant.
I place my bet on some female member of house.

Mitchrobbo
19-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Probably someone has before tried to free with force some iced items and make that scratches which now leaks refrigerant.
I place my bet on some female member of house.

Well the previous tenant was a chinese lady, and to be honest left the flat in a state but the landlord is trying to get me to pay for a new fridge freezer. But i am refusing as i didnt cause the damage which ultimately led to the gas leak any idea how long this scratches could have been present without allowing the leak?

The hot water could not have caused the gas leak could it? I have defrosted many times with it and never had a problem