PDA

View Full Version : fridge/ freezer fan

johnny-dolla
17-11-2008, 12:34 PM
hi, i have a Whirlpool upright fridge/freezer, and the fan is always, on. i have the same model in another kitchen which is working, normaly. i got them both from Ikea about one year ago. any suggestions please.

chillin out
17-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Check the fast freeze button hasn't stuck on.

Other than that you will have to get somebody to look at it.

Chillin:):)

karl957
18-11-2008, 05:57 AM
Check if fridge/freezer is built in to a cabinet. If air flow is restricted around condenser the unit will need to run longer to reach the required temperature also is the doors of the refrigerator maybe opened more often than your other unit also check if the door seals are sealing correctly as that could also cause extended cycle time.

The fan running for extended periods might not be a problem under different conditions if the internal temperatures are correct.

If this information does not assist then you best get a engineer to check what might be the trouble.

paul_h
18-11-2008, 09:47 AM
The fan usually gets it's power from the freezer thermostat.

Is the freezer is extremely cold and icy?
Do you have a thermometer? What is the frezzer temp? What is the thermostat set point you have it on?

Does this model have a door switch to turn the fan off when you open the door?
Is that you actual complaint, ie everything normal but the fan doesn't stop when the door is opened?

If no door switch:
If the freezer isn't very cold, the freezer isn't getting down to temp, which is why the fan is running all the time.

As said by karl957 above, if there's an external condenser, it may just need cleaning. Otherwise something more major might be wrong.