PDA

View Full Version : sanyo multi

dai kin
16-11-2008, 12:30 PM
I have installed a sanyo multi split in my own house and have noticed two big problems with it.First of all the running amps on the out door unit say 8.9amps(heating) and it is running on about 16-17amps(lra is 17)and when you have one indoor unit on and the other three off, it still pumps r4ioa through the evaps with no fans running:eek:whilst checking this this morning i found the one evap(in the babys room)getting up to 37bar before i swiched it all off.I have reclaimed all the 410a re vaced and recharged the system incase of nitrogen passing the valves on presssure test.Any one else come across this system?

paul_h
16-11-2008, 01:29 PM
You haven't even given a model number for your multihead split.

dai kin
16-11-2008, 05:21 PM
sorry!it is a sanyo cmrv3144eh and sap-kmr124eh x3 and a kmr93eh

Thermatech
16-11-2008, 10:35 PM
With Sanyo systems I have no experiance.

But in general multi systems & VRF systems with LEV valve control at indoor units tend to have a basic back up control to prevent oil being trapped at the indoor units during heating operation.
It works like this.

One or more indoor units running in heating Therefore outdoor unit compressor is pumping hot gas to the indoor units.
Some indoor units in this case are off.
To prevent hot gas condensing at the indoor units not heating & to prevent build up of liquid refrrigerant & oil at those indoor units the LEV valve is very slightly open which allows a small volume of hot gas to pass through the coil.
In this case the indoor unit at off may seem to be still heating but this is correct operation to prevent compressor failure due to lack of oil.
The LEV valve is on the liquid line & compressor pumps hot gas on the common gas pipe straight into all the indoor unit coils.
If the LEV valve was shut at indoor units at off they would after a while fill up with condensed liquid & oil.

For sure best double check pipe & control cable installation but I would suspect system doing what its programed to do.

back2space
17-11-2008, 12:23 AM
THe system is doing what it was designed to do. As Thermatech said its to allow oil return to the compressor.

The easiest way to check that in COOLING mode the units that are off the coils should not be cold as the units that are off will have no refrigerant circulating and the LEV valves are closed fully for the units that are turned off.

If coils are cold on units that are off in the COOLING mode then there is something up, i.e pipe and control cables mixed up etc.

tonyhavcr
17-11-2008, 02:08 AM
I seen them keep ruining when heads are weird wrong.
(amps on the out door unit say 8.9amps(heating) and it is running on about 16-17amps(lra is 17) did you mean fla lra is lock rotor amp @ start up. and where did you take the amps

nike123
17-11-2008, 08:41 AM
I have installed a sanyo multi split in my own house and have noticed two big problems with it.First of all the running amps on the out door unit say 8.9amps(heating) and it is running on about 16-17amps(lra is 17)and when you have one indoor unit on and the other three off, it still pumps r4ioa through the evaps with no fans running:eek:whilst checking this this morning i found the one evap(in the babys room)getting up to 37bar before i swiched it all off.I have reclaimed all the 410a re vaced and recharged the system incase of nitrogen passing the valves on presssure test.Any one else come across this system?

Normally, amperage should be max 13 A in heating when compressor should start reducing speed!
Check page 21 of this manual (http://www.oceanairdist.co.uk/assets/pdf/service/Sanyo/Service%20Manual%20SAP-CMRV3143GJH.pdf) which is applicable to your case.

Recheck your wiring and pipes for mix-up.

dai kin
17-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Normally, amperage should be max 13 A in heating when compressor should start reducing speed!
Check page 21 of this manual (http://www.oceanairdist.co.uk/assets/pdf/service/Sanyo/Service%20Manual%20SAP-CMRV3143GJH.pdf) which is applicable to your case.

Recheck your wiring and pipes for mix-up.
my unit is a cmrv3144eh and the pipes /cables are not crossed because i have run one unit at a time in cooling and all ok.And it controlls ok in cooling aswell (speeds up and slows down as req)

dai kin
17-11-2008, 09:19 PM
With Sanyo systems I have no experiance.

But in general multi systems & VRF systems with LEV valve control at indoor units tend to have a basic back up control to prevent oil being trapped at the indoor units during heating operation.
It works like this.

One or more indoor units running in heating Therefore outdoor unit compressor is pumping hot gas to the indoor units.
Some indoor units in this case are off.
To prevent hot gas condensing at the indoor units not heating & to prevent build up of liquid refrrigerant & oil at those indoor units the LEV valve is very slightly open which allows a small volume of hot gas to pass through the coil.
In this case the indoor unit at off may seem to be still heating but this is correct operation to prevent compressor failure due to lack of oil.
The LEV valve is on the liquid line & compressor pumps hot gas on the common gas pipe straight into all the indoor unit coils.
If the LEV valve was shut at indoor units at off they would after a while fill up with condensed liquid & oil.

For sure best double check pipe & control cable installation but I would suspect system doing what its programed to do.
Thanks for the reply,i understand that it lets some gas through the fan coils that are not running but should it still let it take the pressure up so high with only one fan coil running?it is like trying to force 9kw of heating in to a 3kw fan coil.

Thermatech
17-11-2008, 11:41 PM
The discharge pressure does seem a bit high, but does depend on the room temperature on coil at the indoor unit & outdoor ambient on coil temperature.
In view of the high discharge pressure & the resulting high compressor amps with only one indoor unit running there is the possibility that there is some sort of a problem, which is why a double check of the interconnecting pipe & control cable installation is advisable before requesting technical support from manufacturer / distributor.

Husky250
22-11-2008, 11:56 PM

I am sure you have checked all wiring and piping, but just in case circuit A service valves are on bottom of the condenser. Circuit B are the next two.

Did you install the wiring? Many times I find a electrician ran the wiring, and has it crossed in the building somewhere. Wiring colors may match....doesnt mean they are correct,

Hope this helps.

Husky