PDA

View Full Version : Want opinions on system shut down

hysiderafter
16-11-2008, 08:32 AM
One of our facilities is going to be closed for about 6 months due to lack of business. What's your opinion on whether it's a good idea to completely shut down the walk-in refrigerator and freezer? The management feels like it will save money. I'm wondering if it will more likely cause problems. I'm leaning more towards raising the temp a bit and leaving them running. Since it's winter here and the building they are in will be cold it should not be very costly to run them. Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve

Toosh
16-11-2008, 09:33 AM
One of our facilities is going to be closed for about 6 months due to lack of business. What's your opinion on whether it's a good idea to completely shut down the walk-in refrigerator and freezer? The management feels like it will save money. I'm wondering if it will more likely cause problems. I'm leaning more towards raising the temp a bit and leaving them running. Since it's winter here and the building they are in will be cold it should not be very costly to run them. Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve

Hi Steve the best thing to is to pump them down, storing the refrigerant in the receiver is the best option they do not need to be running

Norm:D

The MG Pony
16-11-2008, 06:32 PM
I'd vote with bring the temp higher if they are massive facilities but if they are small simply pump them down.

nh3wizard
18-11-2008, 04:29 PM

I would pump the system down and shut off until needed.