PDA

View Full Version : old counter fridge

Andy AC
13-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Hello guys, I'm trying to find a 2-3 door refrigerated counter for a friend of mine who runs a pub. I've come across an old williams 2 door unit which also has a hussman sticker on the top. From the photos, it appears to be quite clean but looks fairly old - it has a dial thermometer/stat. Apparently there is no data plate so I have no idea what gas it has, hopefully r134a.
I was hoping one of you guys could give me a clue as to how old it is, what gas, from the pic.
It's not me taking the picture, I haven't seen it yet

Andy

paul_h
14-11-2008, 03:51 AM
It's probably not that old, ~5 years or so. Williams here still offer economy models with analogue controls and thermometers.
So just because it has them, doesn't mean the fridge is very old.
More than likely R134a as well.

Chunk
14-11-2008, 07:45 AM
I have one exactly like that and it is 16 years old and on r12.

Williams started using the digital controllers around 10 years ago so yours is definately older than that.

LRAC
16-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Its a Williams HO2U and as stated is in excess of 14 years old and will be on R12, watch the evap they start rotting rather quickly.

Electrocoolman
16-11-2008, 12:12 PM
A quick look at the compressor model should indicate what gas its most likely to be.

Andy AC
17-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, if its that old I'll probably give it a miss.

Andy

taz24
19-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Hello guys, I'm trying to find a 2-3 door refrigerated counter for a friend of mine who runs a pub. I've come across an old williams 2 door unit which also has a hussman sticker on the top. From the photos, it appears to be quite clean but looks fairly old - it has a dial thermometer/stat. Apparently there is no data plate so I have no idea what gas it has, hopefully r134a.
I was hoping one of you guys could give me a clue as to how old it is, what gas, from the pic.
It's not me taking the picture, I haven't seen it yet

Andy

The data sticker is in the case or inside the door, but they do get polished clean so there may be no data on it.
They are a solid reliable case but you need to check the doors for good fitting and seals and the condensate tray at the rear. They are prone to corrode and leak all the refrigerant.

If it is cheap enough, even on R12 it will be easy to work on and could soon be upgraded to R134a.

Cheers taz.