PDA

View Full Version : Australian Reefer/Container engineers

Reeferjon
08-03-2004, 06:44 PM
Do we have any Australian Engineers/managers in the forum?

connollys.home
13-03-2004, 07:54 PM
soon I hope:D :D

Reeferjon
15-03-2004, 01:06 PM
Ahha we have a Migrant.
So where and what, Perth is nice so I am told.
Are you off to work for Carrier.

connollys.home
17-03-2004, 12:07 AM
HI you hit it on the nail, the where is Perth but the what?
So far I have not been able to get any contacts, for Carrier in Perth, still looking.:confused:
Richard (r.bartlett) from this forum has done me a right solid so all is looking good; we can’t wait to get to the sun and away from not-so-sunny Rotherham

Why you looking for engineers in OZ, you thinking of going?

Martin
:D

baker
17-03-2004, 02:07 AM
Carrier or APAC, they keep changing their name, have a large manufacturing plant in Perth, where they supply all of Australia and even export to South Africa. They send about 10 40' containers east each week. They also do R&D there and appear quite independent of their US owners.

They are currently advertising for a wholesales counter salesperson with the contact being brian.horton@carrier.utc.com. I have seen this email address used in other ads so I assume that he is in HR.

connollys.home
17-03-2004, 06:50 PM
Hi Mark thanks for your reply, do they manufacture mobile units or air con?

I will give that email contact a go again Ta

Martin

baker
18-03-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by connollys.home
Hi Mark thanks for your reply, do they manufacture mobile units or air con?

I will give that email contact a go again Ta

Martin

They mainly do industrial - I saw a lot of package units being built there. They use a lot of Danfoss components. Carrier got into bed with Toshiba a while ago, so I suspect that the Carrier branded splits that are sold into the domestic market are relabelled Toshibas.

I am a member of the industry association, AIRAH, and we did a tour of their factory last December. I did not see any mobile units being built.

Latte
18-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Whats the matter Jon,
Thinking of jumping ship(Or Jumping on a ship) and emigrating.
Must admit there don't seem many vacancies over here for this sort of work and trust me i have looked

Regards

Raymond

Reeferjon
23-03-2004, 10:08 AM
It seems That the Reefer comunity down under are short of Engineers and are activly seeking employee's.
If your interested mail me.
Dont be fooled by the hype though, cost of living in actual terms is about the same as UK, unless you can move out there and purchase a property out-right or are Y&S then the only pay off is the sun, beer, sun, sand, and overall 'chill-out' factor.
:p ;)

connollys.home
23-03-2004, 06:45 PM
Hi M8 yes I am well up for any info you give me, :) just as you say it is the sun and chill-out factor plus this country has gone mad listen to this one my central heating went tits up yesterday so I called out a local “engineer” he said that should be the thermo couple and that would cost £57 + vat fitted but it has turned out to be the main gas valve and this would another £175 +vat plus £50 +vat for fitting
So me being me I took down the unit got the part number and looked it up on the internet and found out that the total cost of all parts should have been £67 +vat :mad: I should have been a plumber (I have told him to do one and ordered the parts myself )

Sorry to go on but it make me well mad to get ripped off :mad: :mad:

Martin

Reeferjon
24-03-2004, 10:29 AM
Hi Martin.
Mail me.

Reeferjon
24-03-2004, 10:30 AM
NO thats Mail me :eek: