PDA

View Full Version : Tk Smc04

Reeferjon
08-03-2004, 06:41 PM
Anybody at SMC04 Galway in March?

grabber01
12-03-2004, 08:34 PM
SMC04 ?????

A couple of years ago (Maybe more) MTK had an open day at Cambridge.Any chance of anything like this happening again !!. If so can i get tickets.

Latte
23-03-2004, 08:27 PM
Hi Jon,
Seen any of the stuff that's gone to the CV show, Not going this year, had a day off yesterday so better not throw a sickey for at least another couple of days,

Regards

Raymond

Reeferjon
24-03-2004, 10:27 AM
SMC04 is TK conferance in Galway, the Chilled Air show ran at MTK for a number of years and was quite succesfull. Will it run again? don't know.

CV--- no comment, TK choice was not to exhibit.

How do you all like Rams new look forum?

Latte
24-03-2004, 08:50 PM
And i bet Carrier & Frigoblock are in Birmingham drinking champagne & rubbing their hands.

TK loosing sales all over place to Vectors & this is how they respond !!!!!!!!!

Will they ever learn

Regards

Raymond

Reeferjon
25-03-2004, 10:24 AM
As I understand it, there are 'issues'

connollys.home
25-03-2004, 07:28 PM
Hi all
I have been told by someone at marshalls that TK has fallen out with the NEC, due to TK handing out pasties (specials with TK on) to clients on the stand.
The NEC tried to demand a payment for each one. :eek:

The above was some time ago (2-3 yr)
This could be a load of c..p :confused:

Martin ;) ;)

Latte
27-03-2004, 07:29 PM
TK upsetting & falling out with someone, i cannot believe that ;)

Regards

Raymond

Reeferjon
01-04-2004, 09:00 AM
Now thats an interesting rum--- er statment LOL

Latte
01-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Just seen someone who went to CV show, said it was the usual B******'s nothing special. How did your'e course go Jon.
About time MTK had their own little show again, havn't caught up with MRW yet to find out what's going on

Regards

Raymond

Reeferjon
02-04-2004, 09:18 AM
Ah you know the Service conference was the same as usual, Comps a while off yet, bushes possibly, 4040 optiset (quite good really), Spectrum controllers etc.

Latte
10-04-2004, 05:17 PM
Hi Jon,
Just spoken to MRW, I you said things are fairly settled (REALLY).

"M" training policy - Gone back 10 years, Will they ever learn.

Extended service intervals, OK if new belt systems work although think its mainly to compete with vectors that dont need hardly anything doing.

Chilled air show, where will they hold it "M" "P" now using the site, i suppose airport possible.

Warrington, Who knows whats going on.

Let us know if anything changes

Regards

Raymond

nova
20-06-2004, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't say usual bullsh*t.
IMO was better than 03 SMC in sense of:
- was shorter: no need to spend time in there
- all major subjects were covered (except the tough ones.. oh did I say that!?! :D )

CONS:
- Really fast lectures
- Important ones (like S.Heaney's) went way too fast. ;) :D
- I have better doing on weekends than preparing for TK SMC's (family you know..)

After all it was pretty good and surely better than SMC-03.

-nova

chemi-cool
21-06-2004, 12:59 PM
Hi guys.

Will you please guide me to a website so I will understand what on earth are you mumbling about??

Thanks.
Chemi :)

Reeferjon
22-06-2004, 04:26 PM
So Nova, describe your self, where you in group1 english (sun/mon/tues pi##d wed)
If so were you outspoken (would I know you, you would know me LOL).

nova
04-07-2004, 07:17 PM
So Nova, describe your self, where you in group1 english (sun/mon/tues pi##d wed)
If so were you outspoken (would I know you, you would know me LOL).

Hi Jon,

Can't remember the group I were, but naturally "non-native english" -group. I recall it started at Sunday, though.

In case your surname isn't "san*b*ek", I can't recall any Jon's or John's ;)

Reeferjon
04-07-2004, 08:21 PM
Nah neither of those, if you were there on Sunday that puts you group 2 I think (same as english).

nova
04-07-2004, 08:32 PM
Hi guys.

Will you please guide me to a website so I will understand what on earth are you mumbling about??

Thanks.

Hi Chemi,
there's no particular website devoted for smc. SMC stands for Service Managers Conference and consists of all kind of technical subjects and/or issues that has been risen during the year. (well not ALL :D )

By the way I've been in Israel and I loved to been there. I must say that at first seeing beautiful Israeli girls walking in to McDonalds with assault rifles in their back got me some what amazed, but very soon I got used to that :) Very nice country with very nice people.

nova
04-07-2004, 08:37 PM
Nah neither of those, if you were there on Sunday that puts you group 2 I think (same as english).

Yep, it must have been so. Can't remember excatly (all those flying and jet-lagging ;) )

chemi-cool
05-07-2004, 06:29 PM
Hi nova.

So it girls in unifomrm that do it for you :D

Where about have you been, cause I know almost everyone here?

attached is a memory for you ;)

Chemi

Reeferjon
07-07-2004, 09:13 AM
:eek: :cool: :)
Hmmm, Mac D's here I come.

nova
14-07-2004, 08:52 PM
Hi nova.

So it girls in unifomrm that do it for you :D

Where about have you been, cause I know almost everyone here?

attached is a memory for you ;)

Chemi

You have some very beatiful girls there you lucky bas*ards! :D

I remember of being in the lake of nazareth with 3 F-15 Eagles flying very low on it, that was amazing seeing (and hearing.. ) and I'll never forget it :)

-nova

Latte
14-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Hi Nova,

You want to come and live in the village i do, only 3 miles as the crow flys from RAF Mildenhall (100th ARW USAF) & 5 miles from RAF Lakenheath (48th Fighter wing).

****ing F15's flying over my house all the time. Tonight it seems to be just awac's planes with the giant frisbe's on top.

Regards

Raymond

chemi-cool
14-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Did you mean Sea of Galily or Cineret as we call it ?:confused:

So how come all the boys are after the blonds from the far north?

Even Mrs Chemi is a British blond. But you should see my daughters!! ;)

Chemi

nova
14-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Hi Nova,

You want to come and live in the village i do, only 3 miles as the crow flys from RAF Mildenhall (100th ARW USAF) & 5 miles from RAF Lakenheath (48th Fighter wing).

****ing F15's flying over my house all the time. Tonight it seems to be just awac's planes with the giant frisbe's on top.

Regards

Raymond

Do RAF have F-15's too? I didn't know about that.
I'm an enthusiast (difficult word, I had to check it from dictionary :) ) of WWII aviation and I've read so many great stories of BoB. But I'm not too familiar of modern fighters. However I know Hawker Harrier, only fighter to take off straight up (if that's correctly said).

-nova

ps. Trivia: Who was the most succesfully non-German pilot in Europe during WWII? (according to aerial kills) :)

nova
14-07-2004, 09:47 PM
Did you mean Sea of Galily or Cineret as we call it ?:confused:

So how come all the boys are after the blonds from the far north?

Even Mrs Chemi is a British blond. But you should see my daughters!! ;)

Chemi

Oh, I'm sorry, can't recall it, it must have been the lake near Tiberias.

Well not ALL are for blonds up in here in north.. I'm all for brunets :D

-nova

Latte
15-07-2004, 12:56 AM
Hi Nova,

They are called RAF Mildenhall & RAF Lakenheath because they are actually on MOD land. Both bases are USAFE but there are a few british forces personnel stationed there, in fact until our children were born my wife worked there as an MOD employee.

Hope this clears up your query.

Regards

Raymond

nova
19-07-2004, 10:24 PM
Hi Nova,

They are called RAF Mildenhall & RAF Lakenheath because they are actually on MOD land. Both bases are USAFE but there are a few british forces personnel stationed there, in fact until our children were born my wife worked there as an MOD employee.

Hope this clears up your query.

Regards

Raymond

Ah ok, I understand it. Thanks for clarifying.

Chemi: it was the lake of Genesareth, not nazareth! My bad, sorry :)

nova
19-07-2004, 10:30 PM
ps. Trivia: Who was the most succesfully non-German pilot in Europe during WWII? (according to aerial kills) :)

So no takers? Oh, c'mon! ;)

Latte
20-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Sorry Nova,

You are going to have to give us more of a clue.

I assume he was a hurricane pilot, but going to need more.
Squadron,Station,Rank. Then we might stand a chance

Regards

Raymond

chemi-cool
20-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Was it Johnnie Johnson?

Chemi

nova
15-10-2004, 08:29 PM
Hi!
Sry for the "little" delay :o

rdocwra, he newer flew a Hurricane, but flew against russian Hurricanes.

Good guess Chemi, but no, wasn't Johnson. If I recall it right Johnson got 38 confirmed aerial kills.

He was Finnish Eino Ilmari Juutilainen, who achieved 94 confirmed aerial kills.
One unbelievable fact is that he never got a single enemy bullet hit on his plane even though he flew 1939 - 1944 against russian air force and most of the time against superior numbers of the enemy fighters, sometimes even 10 to 1!
He flew Fokker, Brewster and Messerschmitt 109 G-2 & G-6.

Here's the link for Juutilainen: http://www.sci.fi/~fta/finace01.htm

-nova

chemi-cool
15-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Hi Nova.

Well.......... "Confirmed in those days................
No video reply.....................
One unbelievable fact.....................

With your permission, I doubt it but I don't mind.

nova
15-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Chemi, if you have had any interest of WWII aerial combat, you should have known that there's "aerial kills" and "confirmed aerial kills".
An extract from E.I.Juutilainen's interview:
"I tried always to carry out my mission completely, so I often chased the enemy long distances and stayed in the arena as long as possible. Therefore, there were many occasions when I found myself alone, although it was not planned to be so. I lost almost 30 kills from my score because of that. In the Ilmavoimat, we had a rule that to confirm a victory, either the wreck of the downed plane had to be found, or some eyewitnesses had to see it fall.

=> Well.......... "Confirmed in those days................
Well, confirmed in those days, was simply to show the wreck of the downed plane, eye witness or gun camera footage (which was not so common in WWII)

=> No video reply.....................
Yes, no video reply, DVD reply nor live video footage on TV ...

=> One unbelievable fact.....................
One unbelievable fact, which is a fact

Sorry to shoot down your shoot downs..

by the way, did you even checked the link? ;)

-nova :)