PDA

View Full Version : carrier chillers 30GX 122 A0105 EE

jsimon
10-11-2008, 09:32 PM
I need to find out how to ascertain the oil level in the compresser there is no sight glass i can find
there does not seem to be an oil level nut in the diagrams i have found only a filler point on the top of the comp
The comps trip on oil level
I do have a flashy sight glass but have previously weigh in the gas charge 32 kg
all pressures seem ok next to a running system
Thanks to all those great advisers out there in advance j

Grizzly
11-11-2008, 05:19 PM
I need to find out how to ascertain the oil level in the compresser there is no sight glass i can find
there does not seem to be an oil level nut in the diagrams i have found only a filler point on the top of the comp
The comps trip on oil level
I do have a flashy sight glass but have previously weigh in the gas charge 32 kg
all pressures seem ok next to a running system
Thanks to all those great advisers out there in advance j

Hi jsimon.

Please refer to the 2 attached pdf's as the contain info from the Carrier manual relevant to your problem!
Cheers Grizzly

jsimon
12-11-2008, 02:08 PM
hi grizzley
thanks for information
but this is the wrong shhet for the system i have

Grizzly
12-11-2008, 05:48 PM
hi grizzly
thanks for information
but this is the wrong shhet for the system i have
j
I have spent ages trawling the carrier site to find some "obsolete data".
But it does not appear to be any clearer.
Perhaps one of the other guys may be able to help?
Cheers Grizzly

Brian_UK
12-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Unfortunately Grizzly we don't have enough of the chiller model details to identify it properly.

The Carrier site uses different references doesn't it?

yasar
13-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Dear simon
You need change the oil filter.Dont add oil system.Two oil filter the systems per circuit.First filter suction the oil pump and second filter on the compressor inside .
Best jobs

paulwild
28-02-2009, 09:04 AM
had the same problem , changed both oil filters now running ok , also you can see presure drop accross the filters by going through the presures menu on the controller

basheer
20-03-2009, 03:43 PM
any body can give me the procedure of replacing oil for 30 GX 134a chiller

Grizzly
20-03-2009, 08:15 PM
any body can give me the procedure of replacing oil for 30 GX 134a chiller

Read the attached link on my post above.
It should help?
Grizzly

exxu
23-03-2009, 07:56 PM
You should meassure the pressure drop acros the oil filter. This is the difference from the pressure meassured at the filter service port and the one at the oil pressure port. It should be maximum 2.3Bar. If the value is close to this one or bigger you should change the oil filters.
I had the same problem and it was fixed by changing the oil filters (an internal one and an external one). The pressure drop i've encountered in that chiller was 2.1Bar.
When you remove the internal oil filter DON'T turn it anticlockwise.
Good luck!

icecube51
23-03-2009, 08:38 PM
When you remove the internal oil filter DON'T turn it anticlockwise.
Good luck!

:o WHY ??? ?

Ice

Gibbo
23-03-2009, 08:49 PM
There is no oil level in the compresser, the oil level switch measures the oil level in the oil seperator. If there are no oil stains outside the chiller then the most likely cause is that the oil has migrated either due to cycling on low load or if the oil seperator heaters are us.

exxu
26-03-2009, 11:13 AM
:o WHY ??? ?

Ice
See the attached file from the service bulletin of this compressor.

oldschooleng
12-07-2009, 10:50 AM
this compressor holds no oil as it has a flooded evaporator the oil is in the seperator which has an oil level switch the most common case for this problem is a blocked internal oil filter which is behind the 19mm allen key.the part number is on the pannel door.

serviceman
12-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Oil Separator Level
Check

Follow the steps listed below and refer
to the notes listed in Figure 60.
1. Turn off the unit,
2. Attach the hoses and sight glass to
the oil separator charging Schrader
valve and the compressor discharge
line Schrader valve, as shown in
Figure 60. Purge to remove noncondensibles.
It is advisable to use Schrader
quickcoupler isolation valves at the
ends of the hoses. These will aid in
the installation and removal of the
hoses and minimize oil and
refrigerant spray.
3. After the unit has been off for 10
minutes, move the sight glass up
and down until the level can be seen.
4. After the level has been determined,
remove the sight glass and hoses.

Note: Routine changing of the oil or
the oil filter is not recommended. The
oil filter is oversized for this application
and should not require replacement.
The oil and filter should be replaced
only if analysis reveals that the oil is
contaminated. Oil type and system
capacities are shown in Table 1

renos tsiartas
24-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Wellcome to the clup. I have the some problem with the some model. I thing the problem is on the oil filters and oil level swcith.tommorow I will replace the external oil filter (I can find the internal) and I let you know. Anyway theses model is NOT of the best of carrier. Too many problems

KonaKen
15-12-2009, 12:08 AM
Good stuff, Thanks!

frederik79
15-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Wellcome to the clup. I have the some problem with the some model. I thing the problem is on the oil filters and oil level swcith.tommorow I will replace the external oil filter (I can find the internal) and I let you know. Anyway theses model is NOT of the best of carrier. Too many problems

i have the same problem oil is in the system ,
and not in the seperator , due to loss of refrigerant......

circ a and b....

iceman007
22-12-2009, 12:53 PM
You might also consider checking the terminals on the oil level switch as we have had a few problems over here with condensation rusting the terminals. The machine will go out on a low oil level fault. Oh and if you are changing the filter make sure to change the internal one as well. The compressors don't have a sump. All the oil is in the seperator. If the filter is blocked then a diff pressure fault is common. Also, make sure your oil solenoid is working correctly.

FAISAL
30-12-2009, 12:12 PM
hi.i want a help.we have hai carrier chiller model number 3GX122A0314-NEE. there have a problam both cir a not working.code is showing 50 and 52 tirp on oil pump.so how can i cheek oil pump and oli lavel.so pls tell me.

FAISAL
30-12-2009, 07:37 PM
you should meassure the pressure drop acros the oil filter. This is the difference from the pressure meassured at the filter service port and the one at the oil pressure port. It should be maximum 2.3bar. If the value is close to this one or bigger you should change the oil filters.
I had the same problem and it was fixed by changing the oil filters (an internal one and an external one). The pressure drop i've encountered in that chiller was 2.1bar.
When you remove the internal oil filter don't turn it anticlockwise.
Good luck!
can u tell me which filter u r saying.oil pump side.

exxu
03-01-2010, 01:06 PM
can u tell me which filter u r saying.oil pump side.
An integral oil filter in the screw compressor is specified
to provide a high level of filtration (3 μ) required for
long bearing life. As system cleanliness is critical to reliable system operation, there is also a prefilter (7 μ) in the oil line at the oil separator outlet.
Happy new year !

yasserabdallah
07-01-2010, 04:27 PM
good evening dears
iam anew comers hear ineed help about carrier liquied cheller 30g ifouned coad alarm 58

Groid
19-01-2010, 08:33 AM
I would follow the following:

Check oil level in seperator by attaching to 3/8" lines one on top of seperator next to transducer (you may need to fit a tee to do this) then one on valve underneath seperator fit a 3/8" sight glass in the middle then attach to oil level switch using a cable tie of jocky strap. This is tedious but will give you an idea of what the oil level is doing.

Then change internal and external oil filters to be sure there is no blockages, run machine at 100% load as long as possible this will reclaim oil that may have migrated,

Mr R.A.B
24-12-2010, 07:10 PM
call the carrier boys.

lothospbg
25-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Hey guys, new user here. I'm not sure if this is still an active thread, but I am having a similar problem with a 30GXR unit. The unit will run about 20 seconds, then shut down on low oil level. I have tried the oil recovery procedure, which let the unit run for about 2 minutes, then shut down on low oil level. I added 1/2 gallon of oil twice, and both times the unit ran for about 2 minutes and went down on low oil level. This is happening to BOTH circuits and started last week. I called the boys at Carrier, and they said to add another gallon of oil, then if it stays running, take some out. If it does not stay online, the problem may be in a circuit board. I find it hard to believe both circuit boards could have gone bad at about the same time, or for that matter, both level switches. I am hesitant on adding more oil to the circuit, as I haven't lost any. It just seems like the oil is not returning to the separator for some reason. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

iceman007
26-07-2011, 01:23 AM
Check the pre oil filter and the internal one (inside the compressor under the allen key removable cover at the front)

Oil solenoid can also fail on these units as well, and shut down the compressor or part load running (especially colder water)

lothospbg
26-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Both internal and external oil filters have been changed. Besides, if it was an oil filter problem, wouldn't that show up as a different trip? The oil level in the oil sump would be higher if the filter were plugged, I would think. This is an oil level trip, like the oil just isn't returning to the sump, but I cant figure out why not.