PDA

View Full Version : new to RE - want to analyze low pressure R134a cooling system

hcoles
09-11-2008, 04:28 PM
hello RE,
I'm a mechanical/thermal engineer. I have a task to evaluate a "low pressure" R134a system. The system is like that inside Liebert XDP models. There doesn't seem to be an expansion valve, the liguid gets heat and expands to a gas in the "evaporator". Where should I post questions/etc. on this?

I want to compare to using water for the same application and performance.

Thanks.
-Henry

US Iceman
09-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Henry, feel free to start a thread in the Technical Speculations forum. I might suggest you add as much detail as possible to allow others to respond.

Some may answer quickly while others may take their time, so please be patient.

Welcome to RE.

hcoles
09-11-2008, 06:21 PM
thank you. I'll do that. I'm working on a diagram I can turn into a jpg. and then hopefully post... I haven't read re. uploading pictures... some forums have a min. number of posts before allowing attached images.

US Iceman
09-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Yeah, we have the same rule here but I can never remember the minimum number of posts. I think it is something like 15 posts. We have had to change some of the rules because of spammers and cretins who enjoy trying to tear things down.

So, you might just start with some short descriptions of your project until you get to the magic number.