PDA

View Full Version : TXV explode

icecube51
08-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone,

i had a chiller problem this week,where one of the 3 txv's exploded.i didden't see it,it happend already.the cap came of and the inside pieces where gone.everything was under oil of compressor.i checkt the other valves and filters and everything seames ok to me.further test will prove me writh or wrong. anyone experience whit something like this.I am whaiting for a new one,and can then proceed whit finding out the cause.

tips and trics welcome.

Ice

US Iceman
08-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Were you able to find any of the TXV pieces in the room where the chiller is located?

Does the liquid line have a subcooler?

I have never seen a TXV explode, but I would not say it is impossible.:eek:

malik55
08-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Do you have a snap for that?
Never experience as what you had discribed,
But had seen broken Capillaries, and diaphragms due to vibration.

nike123
08-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Freezing of water to ice could make some cracks on material and TXV could explode!
Also, it could be material weakness.
I would also check correct functioning of safety valve (if fitted) and replace it with new one (no matter good or not, because, once opened, it cold not keep refrigerant from leaking). This is to find out that dangerous pressure buildup is not the cause of explosion.

icecube51
11-11-2008, 10:45 AM
as soon as the new piece arrive's i go back and will be taken snapshots. and yes usiceman,the compartment for compressors and stuff was compleetly covert in oil,and i found some copper pieces that must be from the txv. in the mean time i recieved a schematic for tubes and electric.they use after the fourway valve 3 txv's and a plate condensor and plate evaporator and a finn condensor whit 3 fans for each compressor.there are 2 scroll 's in the plant.
name of the engine is "chillinveta 3000". Italien brand.

keep you posted, Ice

US Iceman
11-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Is this a heat pump chiller? You mentioned a four-way valve...

icecube51
20-11-2008, 10:12 PM
sorry us iceman, was to busy,but yes it is a heat pump chiller. it has two 300ltr barrels,1 for heating and 1 for cooling at the same time. so it is possible to have cooling on the top floor and heating in the back simultaneous. its working whit two scroll compressors and two plate exchangers on each compressor. the compressors are in cascade. i am going to try and get a design and set it on the forum,if possible some pics to.

Ice

icecube51
09-12-2008, 07:19 PM
So as i promise here i am again, the situation is still not as it should be. i dismantled the complete unit,took out the compressors,filter-dryer,broken valve,and find out its the second time this is happened.on the other cascade part the have had the same problem,and never no what's happened. someone did a fine job,see the picture. :rolleyes:(they should cut of his hands). just in the back there is the other one to replace. have no photo,but going to take 1 tomorrow.

still this first compressor is building up pressure and trips the HP switch. have the condenser expansion valve opened a bit and its slightly better,but still not as it should be.