PDA

View Full Version : refrigeration capacity question

Katie
05-11-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm working with a refrigeration system which"the nominal primary refrigeration capacity is 25kW at 4K, with a secondary capacity of 55kW from 50 to 70K"

My understand is that when the system maintains an output temperature at 4K, the cooling load is 25kW. If I am correct, then why when the output temperature is much higher, at 50-70K, the cooling load increases instead of decreases?

Thanks a lot for any input!

nike123
05-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Could you put that sentence back in contest from what is been aloof.
To me, that doesn't have much sense without more explanations.

Katie
05-11-2008, 06:29 PM
There is no much contest....The article I'm reading is a brief introduction to a cryogenic refrigerator:
"the refrigerator was designed and manufactured by Process System International, and is based upon a modified Claud cycle utilizing oil lubricated turbines. The norminal primary refrigeration capacity is 25kw at 4K, with a secondary capacity of 55kW from 50 to 70K. see Table 1 for additional parameters......"

Thanks a lot

icecube51
08-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Katie,
i think the 4K they are talking about is the temperatuur difference 4 Kelvin,also the 50 & 70 k is the difference. so they are talking about a difference of input and end up temperature. so meaning they are of putting something in the freezer on say 20C°,and freeze it in the first stage whit 4C° or 4K,then go on to the second stage where the go to a 50 or 70K lower than the input themperature.

Ice