PDA

View Full Version : american fridge freezer

hi tracy
04-11-2008, 09:27 PM
hi can you help i have lg grl207tuja american fridge freezer that has just knocked all my electricty off pluged it back in makes clicking noise then all my electricty goes off its be ok .only one year old just out of gaurantee , but other day did hear it making diffrent noise when motor was running what can it be wrong with it please help :mad:

Toosh
05-11-2008, 10:24 AM
hi can you help i have lg grl207tuja american fridge freezer that has just knocked all my electricty off pluged it back in makes clicking noise then all my electricty goes off its be ok .only one year old just out of gaurantee , but other day did hear it making diffrent noise when motor was running what can it be wrong with it please help :mad:

Hi tracy llooks like you have a dead short think you should call your local appliance technician he will keep you right

norm:eek:

344martin
05-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Defrost element is favourite, but without a 'megger' test difficult to pinpoint as it could really be anything. Maybe worth a call-out fee to find out. Comet charge £30 to come and give you a quote (08705 425425)

platinumfreeze
06-11-2008, 01:30 AM
If it clicks about once a minute, its probably the compressor. However it shouldn't throw the breaker. It should be on a dedicated circuit with a good ground and proper polarity because of the PCB.

hi tracy
10-11-2008, 06:09 PM
If it clicks about once a minute, its probably the compressor. However it shouldn't throw the breaker. It should be on a dedicated circuit with a good ground and proper polarity because of the PCB.
hi thanks did get comet out, it is the compressor and it was still in warranty just by one day ,thanks for your replys to you all .
tracy