PDA

View Full Version : Freezer Floor Cross Sections

jess h
04-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Need a source to view cross sections. Researching construction of a freezer facility -10 -20

smpsmp45
05-11-2008, 05:12 AM
Are you planning for floor panels or conventional flooring

bruceboldy
05-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Soil conditions can effect the design. We did one big one with very little soil work and then one with Piers and sub slab of preformed concerete 12 inches above the ground, in the expansive Yazoo Clay areas of Miss.
I like to use a compacted soil, then a mud slab about 3 inches thick where we bury a glycol tube bundle for underfloor temp control. Then a vapor barrier, double sided tape sealed at all joints, then several layers of insulation,(thickness may vary) then the reinforced finish slab.(thickness may vary)
There are plenty of good variations but this has been good for us.

The integrity of the vapor barrier and underfloor temperature stabilization are the most critical, and deserve to have the most attention.
Remember it is the Vapor barrier and Vapor Pressure that are the critical variables in low temperature design, in floors, ceilings and wall joints.
If you control these you could use rolled up newsparer for insulation....
just joking, sort of.

Bruce

jess h
13-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Bruce, we like in sand country wisconsin with a frost line of 48" site is level with excellent compaction and drainage

jess h
13-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Concrete floor with in floor glychol

bruceboldy
13-11-2008, 11:41 PM
I will see if i have any drawings on some of the floors we have done.

Construction in your area should not be too much of a problem i would think.

Bruce

nike123
14-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Here (http://www.arcat.com/details/zeroloc/prod0577.html) are some details in DWG,DXF,PDF and JPG format.