PDA

View Full Version : Abnormal blower speed

sudarmanto
04-11-2008, 05:59 AM
Dear all,

I have problems with my blower from a package Air Cond unit (20kW - water cooled). My blower connected to motor using v-belt (A46). This blower runs fast but 10 sec later runs slower then 5 sec later runs fast again, normally fast. i found this symptom last week, after turned off the unit and check the blower mechanism (pulley, motor, v-belt, fins, connection) i turned again the unit and all back to normal. This morning i found it happen again, but after reset it, it runs normal again. Unfortunately i didnt check the AMPs when it was happen.

Do u know why my blower runs like that? please share..

Coz this abnormal blower speed (fast - slow - fast) makes lacks of airflow through evap and makes the evap icing.

Many thanks :)

sunilkumarhvac
04-11-2008, 07:37 AM
most of the chance is due to the electrical problem may be voltage flucturatioon or corroded contacts for confirming that needs electrical data of particular motor then only we can make sure (make sure belts,bearings of pulley shat&motor all other mechanical parts are ok before doing any elecic work

sudarmanto
04-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Yes, im very unfortunate not to check the amps when it was happen. But in daily operation and until now, the amps is normal and still on-spec.

I've checked vbelt, bearings, pulley, fins, blower and its all normal. No damage.

You may check the blower pic, u may check on the attachment

sunilkumarhvac, many thanks for your reply

sunilkumarhvac
04-11-2008, 08:37 AM
pls send me the controls data and electrical data of motor (if there is no missbearing or loose threads between blower & shaft connection ) belt also seems to be ok so it must be the problem with motor or switching contacters