PDA

View Full Version : do you agree??

philjd26
03-11-2008, 04:31 PM
if i have 3 identical condensers i.e vrf connected to a common suction -liquid-discharge , if i were to leave systems stand for an hour,turn off all crankcase heaters and drive all valves and pmvs open...if i were to isolate all condensers from field work, and reclaim 5kg from 1 system could i be sure there id 5kg in each other system???

rgrds phil

chillin out
03-11-2008, 05:51 PM
I followed that right up until the last line of your post there, but I think the answer would be no.

If when running, the gas found it easier to flow through cond no.1 more than cond no.3 because of the way it was piped then there would be a different amount in each cond.

If they were all open at the top to each other and also the bottom then they would all equalize.
The connecting pipes would for the top would all have to be the same height and the same with the bottom pipes.

Chillin:):)

Gary
03-11-2008, 06:04 PM
This seems an odd question,but...

If we assume there are also multiple evaporators, then with everything open for an hour I would expect the bulk of the refrigerant to migrate to the coolest point, which would probably be one of the evaporators. Where it would go from there depends on gravity. If that evaporator is above the suction, the liquid would then run downhill into the suction line.

philjd26
03-11-2008, 06:24 PM
sorry bout that was in work while posting......basically if all the condensers are left to equalise for a while and exposed to the same outside temp...then shut all condensers from field pipework and reclaim refrigerant from 1 machine, roughly the same amount of refrigerant will be in the other 2( remembering condenser are connected)