PDA

View Full Version : company vehicles

why me?
01-11-2008, 10:19 PM
i work for a small company the boss now checks under the seats for stuff. nothing allowed in the front
only paperwork.obsestwith cleaning exterier.even though by the time have gone two miles the van is dirty
again. dail anyone else get this?:oy inspections i dread going ino work

Brian_UK
02-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Start checking his desk and office.

Colin G
02-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Wouldn't recommend him looking under my seats, don't know what creepy things are growing under there!

eggs
03-11-2008, 01:34 AM
i work for a small company the boss now checks under the seats for stuff. nothing allowed in the front
only paperwork.obsestwith cleaning exterier.even though by the time have gone two miles the van is dirty
again. dail anyone else get this?:oy inspections i dread going ino work

Chances are he's doing this because of the society we live in.
You brake, your can of pop jams under the brake pedal = his fault, for not telling you to not put empty cans of pop under your seat.
Thank yourself lucky your employer cares. Or F off and get a job in a call centre. YOUR CALL.

eggs

platinumfreeze
08-11-2008, 01:28 AM
I don't know what his reasons are, but for my company we keep the front of the vans clean for pride, moral, and professionalism. I've even had customers ask to see in my van because they have been screwed by other "so called" refrigeration techs that had lumber and paint in their vans.

Andy_CTC_Ref
20-11-2008, 06:35 PM
I always keep my truck spotless inside and out! I hate mess. plus it looks more professional to the customer.

monkeydoug
20-11-2008, 11:03 PM
I clean my van every time it rains by leaving it outside. Seriously though if they insist on you keeping your van spotless you should get it done at the carwash and claim the cost back, this is a standard perk in other countries when you have a company vehicle. Maybe they might lay off you if they have to pay. (Or lay you off for trying it on).

Brian_UK
21-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Our firm used to pay for van washing, so I am told, but it's all stopped now.

Lots of grubby vehicles around of late ;)

LRAC
21-11-2008, 08:41 AM
I spend my working life in my vehicle and i want it clean not for my boss or the customers just for me.

All the air vents pointing in the same direction, cigarette lighter with smoke symbol pointing upwards etc.

I'm a crap engineer but my van looks good :D:D

coolstuf
10-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Clean van = higher productivity

Rerseldergo
11-01-2011, 11:29 AM
thats frekking hot, thx

tommo12
16-01-2011, 11:18 PM
I clean my van inside and out everysunday , somehow by friday it looks like i have been offroading in it ,

Chuck
29-01-2011, 03:48 AM
Haha good man...you've been working!

install monkey
29-01-2011, 11:11 AM
i know an old engineer that used to keep mucky mags under his seat coz they used to slide into the footwell!! -i once hid a pot of potatoe salad under a mates seat and it stunk for 3 weeks,he coudnt work out how it got there. so maybe a clean van is a benefit.

Goober
29-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Chances are he's doing this because of the society we live in.
You brake, your can of pop jams under the brake pedal = his fault, for not telling you to not put empty cans of pop under your seat.
Thank yourself lucky your employer cares. Or F off and get a job in a call centre. YOUR CALL.

eggsThat's a bit harsh........but i know what you mean!

charlie patt
29-01-2011, 07:43 PM
where i previously worked we hid a red bra under my formans van seat the weeks went on until one monday he came to work looking like thunder his son found it and asked his dad ahats this dad? not a problem you think however his wife was in the 3 seat o dear i paid for that

k1shifflet
12-02-2011, 02:00 AM
a clean van is a happy van :)