PDA

View Full Version : oil filter cost !

SIGNSTU
01-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Does anybody know of a replacement oil filter for a sabroe smc106 screw on (automotive type) The oem is over $300.00 now for a $25.00 filter:rolleyes:

Andy
02-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Does anybody know of a replacement oil filter for a sabroe smc106 screw on (automotive type) The oem is over $300.00 now for a $25.00 filter:rolleyes:

Hi SIGNSTU,

SMC ompressors have wide range of filters, the one your are talking about is a paper MKII filter, which no longer exists, they stopped making them over 3 years ago!

The price your are looking at is for a conversion kit and probably has a reasonable mark up from a contractor on it to allow for the admin element of purchasing the filter, and probably the subsequent phone calls explaining what you have got and why.

Kind Regards Andy :)

SIGNSTU
07-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Andy This is the mark 3 smc 106 ammonia that has a screw on oil filter just like a car. I just ordered 2 more $347.00 each. It is not the kit just a screw on filter. It is worth no more than $25.00

Grizzly
07-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Andy This is the mark 3 smc 106 ammonia that has a screw on oil filter just like a car. I just ordered 2 more $347.00 each. It is not the kit just a screw on filter. It is worth no more than $25.00

Stu.
I cannot understand what is happening here.
I have attached 2 pdf pages.
1 showing the Mk3 oil filter assy.
Which has an internal oil filter of cylindrical construction.
The 2nd showing a Mk 4 filter which is external and looks like a car filter?

Whom are you purchasing the filters from?
Grizzly

Tycho
07-11-2008, 10:02 PM
But it's still cheaper than a new compressor ;)

somebody had to say it

Andy
07-11-2008, 11:18 PM
But it's still cheaper than a new compressor ;)

somebody had to say it

Yep but not much:D

I have just bought 2 MK4 Compressors, so I will soon be able to tell you the cost.

Perhaps try another supplier.

Kind Regards Andy :)

SIGNSTU
17-11-2008, 06:06 PM
We are buying the filters from m&m refrigeration, The sole impoter for Sabroe in the US. I have found filters bur the tread is different. Probobly british pipe

Andy
17-11-2008, 07:07 PM
We are buying the filters from m&m refrigeration, The sole impoter for Sabroe in the US. I have found filters bur the tread is different. Probobly british pipe

Hello SIGNSTU:)

who's the agent for Canada?

Or can another contractor supply the filters, they maybe buying larger volumes which will give them more discount.

Kind Regards Andy

US Iceman
17-11-2008, 08:26 PM
From a compressor manufacturers point of view, there is more that goes into evaluating oil filters than simply cost. As Tycho said earlier, it had to be said.

Oil filters are evaluated on particle filtration ability, surface area of the filter, and more. To say someone has a cheaper filter and it fits on the housing is asking for a compressor rebuild or replacement.

SIGNSTU
26-11-2008, 12:37 PM
So far every supplier I have found buys them from M&M. They also supply Canada in part