PDA

View Full Version : charging system with liquid refrigerant

sidi
31-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Hello, everybody
can someone please tell me if it is possible to charge liquid refrigerant from the suction valve and what are the steps to follow.
thanks very much in advance.

nike123
31-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Yes, it is possible! Safest way is to charge with Kwik-charge (http://tinyurl.com/69uwqm)device.
Second way is if you have manifolds with sight glass you could throttle valve to make sure that there is no liquid refrigerant in glass.
Third option is to charge small amounts of liquid (2-5% of total charge) and then wait some time that refrigerant evaporate in system before adding more liquid refrigerant!
Or you could use 2m capillary for HP/LP controls as metering device if system is big enough!

Peter_1
01-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Depends a little bit on the size of the system: if you have a household compressor, be careful.
If you have a 30 HP, then you can connect your manifold hoses direct to the suction and charge continuously liquid without any problem.
If you have a 1HP to 3 +/- HP, open your manifold for 5 to 10 seconds and then wait for 5 to 10 seconds. Monitor carefully the noise of the compressor.
Suction gas cooled compressor can be charged mostly with liquid without problem because the refrigerant flashes off on the warm windings.

icecube51
01-11-2008, 06:12 PM
do we not have to charge only liquid whit the new refrigs like R407c & R410a ??
and if we do it,is it not VERY VERY carefully on the amount of charging???

Ice

ps;Peter,got the papers and price from vinçotte...mucho mucho dinero's

Peter_1
01-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Icecube, you also have to go to school to do your exams, apart from the company registration.
Met one of the Israelian moderators in Gent, Chemi. He was her for some days.

icecube51
01-11-2008, 06:30 PM
so now you telling me !!! would be pleased to meat Chemi in person. maybe next time.

i now about the school,but going to whait until next year 2009. financial reasons.

Ice

Peter_1
01-11-2008, 06:51 PM
I only knew it the same day I met him.
He was here for a visit at Petersime in Zulte.

nike123
01-11-2008, 07:00 PM
do we not have to charge only liquid whit the new refrigs like R407c & R410a ??
and if we do it,is it not VERY VERY carefully on the amount of charging???

We should only draw liquid from charging cylinder to avoid change in aspect of substances.
Then, after liquid is drawn from cylinder, is when we could (and should) evaporate it!

Peter_1
01-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Rhodia - gas manufacturer n°1 in France - says this statement is retrieved.

icecube51
02-11-2008, 04:18 PM
how dos he prove it ?? maybe on small cylinders white a total of 13kg. but on the bigger ones like 80 & more, i do have mi doubts.
Nike123, thats what i meant by filling on liquid,just don't let the liquid reach the compressor.

Ice

Peter_1
02-11-2008, 04:27 PM
It was an official statement of the manufacturer themselves, so I don't think they will spread this news if it isn't true.
Because this statement can turn back right in their face and used against them, I believe it.
Some statements/manipulations/facts which were taken as the only truth sometimes becomes revised because practical use/field experience learned us the opposite.

Same for a manifold, may you use an R22 manifold on an R134a installation?

When R134a was fist introduced, we all had double manifolds, and we were learned that if you connected your R12 manifold on an R134a installations that the R134a compressor should burn in a short time afterwards.

icecube51
02-11-2008, 04:33 PM
so we no longer have to fill in liquid for the mixt gasses. nice to now. so we will no longer have to worry about the compressors on liquid filling.thats makes things allot easier .

Ice

icecube51
02-11-2008, 04:34 PM
for the manifolds it was obvious,the oil!!
always check the cind of oil the system is working on.
Ice