PDA

View Full Version : Help needed sourcing insulation for a Display Case

jimbo22
31-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi

Ive been given the task of designing a refrigerated display case the ones used in the delis of fore courts etc...

Im looking to source slabs of insulation approx 40mm thick

My knowledge of refrigeration and insulation types is pretty shallow so

What are the different types of insulation to consider for this purpose ?

The names of suppliers in Ireland Uk or Europe would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance

nike123
31-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Hi

Ive been given the task of designing a refrigerated display case the ones used in the delis of fore courts etc...

Im looking to source slabs of insulation approx 40mm thick

My knowledge of refrigeration and insulation types is pretty shallow so

What are the different types of insulation to consider for this purpose ?

The names of suppliers in Ireland Uk or Europe would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance

What a hell is going on with this new world?
You have been given a task of designing some refrigeration equipment, and your knowledge of refrigeration and insulation types is pretty shallow.

What type of designer you are?
If you are refrigeration engineer, you should know answers to these questions or you should not be asignied to that job.

If you are designer of shape and look of new appliance, you should consult refrigeration engineer (one with university diploma and construction experience) or inventor of device for that details.

If you are some student or design apprentice, then you should say that in your request for help?
This way, it looks pretty scary that designer of new equipment don't know basics about used parts, materials, and theory of operation.
So, what is your case?

jimbo22
03-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Im just out of college a year now - Studied product design.

It had nothing to do with refrigeration - it leaned towards engineering design - ie sheet metal / fabrication etc...

We have refrigeration engineers here but they have
limited materiels expereience - they would however know how to spec the refrigeration side of things...

I worked in a refrigeration manufacturing
company in Ireland as part of a work placement in another company.To my knowledge its one of the few companies doing it these days

The new company i now work for wants to try its hand at manufacturing also : hence why i
was taken on board

Last month i designed and manufactured a heated display case single handly - so im upbeat about the possibiolities of design / manufacturing the refrigerated display case...