PDA

View Full Version : Choosing refrigerants between DuPont, Honeywell, and ICI

bluemountain002
29-10-2008, 01:39 AM
Please help me choose the right refrigerant brand to use. I am installing several airconditioners and then chillers for our new shop. What refrigerant brand are much better - DuPont, Honeywell, or ICI, or do I have to continue using the unbranded ones from China? Does any of these brands have an advantage on the energy efficiency ratio? I do not have much experience on the refrigerant quality, your advice will be well appreciated! Thanks!

taz24
29-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Please help me choose the right refrigerant brand to use. I am installing several airconditioners and then chillers for our new shop. What refrigerant brand are much better - DuPont, Honeywell, or ICI, or do I have to continue using the unbranded ones from China? Does any of these brands have an advantage on the energy efficiency ratio? I do not have much experience on the refrigerant quality, your advice will be well appreciated! Thanks!

As far as I know all the known brands produce identical refrigerants eg R134a is R134a from all the suppliers, R404a is R404a from all the suppliers.
So use any brand and you should be OK.
I can't speak for Chinese unbranded refrigerants but I can't see them being too disimilar.

taz

GreenCooling
07-11-2008, 08:13 AM
On the contrary, if you want to reduce your environmental impact, you need to use a low Global Warming Potential natural refrigerant like a hydrocarbon or CO2.

Fortunately if you are in Australia there are very efficient and well made AC split systems using the hydrocarbon R290, see bensonairconditioning.com.au

For the chillers you might also be able to use R290, or it might be better to look at a small CO2 option, and I'd be happy to put you in touch with the folks at eco2technologies.com.au who can help with this kind of advice.

I'm in the Blue Mountains of NSW, and would be very interested in talking further about the options.

ice_cool
11-11-2008, 09:21 AM
DuPont is good.