PDA

View Full Version : DBACS controls

Jase
28-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Got a few Daikin VRV's on one site which are under central control. The software used is DACMS Dbacs. I am looking for a user manual on this particular set up. The DACMS is approximately 10-11 years old. Don't have any more info on it @ the moment.

Jase

airefresco
29-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Pm me the site name. It´s very possible that my dad set that system up. So I can ask him for you. He may still have the original commissioning notes somewhere, if it´s one that he did.

stuartwking
29-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Jase,

Once you get some more details i will easy try and help you out.:)

hendrag
30-10-2008, 04:39 PM
hi mate

back in the day i was one of the only 3 dbacs engineers in the country, good luck with the heap of junk it stood for Daikin box of absouloute Cr*p. 2 of us no longer work for Daikin

best bet is rip it out and install an intelligent controller BUT if the vrf is g series it wont work. speak to a dude called Garry barrington at daikin bristol he is the best in the business every one else hasnt got a clue they were all in nappies when this ws installed.

good luck

Hendrag

Obi Wan
09-11-2008, 12:34 PM
hi mate

back in the day i was one of the only 3 dbacs engineers in the country, good luck with the heap of junk it stood for Daikin box of absouloute Cr*p. 2 of us no longer work for Daikin

best bet is rip it out and install an intelligent controller BUT if the vrf is g series it wont work. speak to a dude called Garry barrington at daikin bristol he is the best in the business every one else hasnt got a clue they were all in nappies when this ws installed.

good luck

Hendrag

Actually Graham you knew very little about the D-BACS systems when you were with Daikin. I still come across end users who have been give bad information by you. People who make such derogatory and sweeping statements usually have no clue about what they are talking about. Regarding yourself as one of only three people in the country who know about this product is at best, wishful thinking and at worst, just arrogant.:mad:

Jase,
The DACMS user manual is actually located within the “help” menus of the program. It’s a good place to start.

Regards

Obi Wan

sinewave
09-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :eek:

Take that Hendrag! :D

Jase
10-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Cheers fellas! The problems I am enountering is that the dbacs appears to be switching off fan coils intermittently and on occassions can 'freeze'. I'm thinking that the software is beginning to get tired. I am aware of the help menu within the pogram but I find it very limited. I've spoken to Gary Barrington on several occassions and found him to be very helpful. Maybe it's time to replace the dbacs.

Thanks
Jase

l'robot
10-11-2008, 12:32 PM
If it is intermittently shutting off fancoils and freezing, this sounds more of electrical spiking / interference. This can also occur if new energy light bulbs have been recently fitted!

puddleboy3
10-11-2008, 11:13 PM

good luck

Hendrag

Thats good to know for the rest of us that worked @ Daikin Cheers:rolleyes:

The only things I agree with is rip it out and put in an I controller setup and Garry knows what hes talking about.

Oh.......... never mind typed a few cheeky things then deleted them so I think we'll just leave it at that.

Brian_UK
10-11-2008, 11:55 PM
Gently now folks, let's not get too heated please :)

Obi Wan
11-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Cheers fellas! The problems I am enountering is that the dbacs appears to be switching off fan coils intermittently and on occassions can 'freeze'. I'm thinking that the software is beginning to get tired. I am aware of the help menu within the pogram but I find it very limited. I've spoken to Gary Barrington on several occassions and found him to be very helpful. Maybe it's time to replace the dbacs.

Thanks
Jase

Jase,

For indoor units switching off intermittently, check in the column “On/Off cause” This displays who or what was responsible for the last change in On/Off state. This could be the following,

User – someone switched the unit on or off from the remote controller or centralised controller
Operator – someone switched the unit on or off from the keyboard
Timer – The timer schedule switched on or off the indoor unit.
Signal – An external signal (fire alarm interlock) switched on or of the indoor unit.
Max demand – Consuming too much energy, load shedding switched off the indoor unit.

Also check the “Heat Mode Optimisation” is not switched on. This will switch off the indoor unit when the room temperature measured by the fan coil has reached heating set point. You will find this by clicking on the “Other setting” button. You will require at least the medium level password.

Gary is very good With the D-BACS products, He has been there from the start so understands the older systems. Also very good with technical support.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards

Obi Wan

hendrag
11-11-2008, 11:00 AM
sorry Sibby i forgot about you i guess that made 4 of us.

did you fix it? or is it still broke?

Obi Wan
30-11-2008, 09:03 PM
sorry Sibby i forgot about you i guess that made 4 of us.

did you fix it? or is it still broke?

Still not making it any better!!

Anyway who is this Sibby bloke, seems an alright kinda guy.

Obi Wan.

Mr Memory
05-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Still not making it any better!!

Anyway who is this Sibby bloke, seems an alright kinda guy.

Obi Wan.
Don't Sibby and Hendra work together now..? Wonder if they ever discuss D-BACS over a coffee :)