PDA

View Full Version : Any input, much appreciated!

El Padre
28-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi to All,
Great forum, my first question, so thanks in advance to anyone that responds.
I have a query regarding a Liebert HI-MOD M66UA, on arrival I discovered a humidifier overcurrent fault, the cause was obvious as the humidifier bottle was empty, the fill solenoid was fine as was the integrity of the wiring, I am unsure of the control logic of these units, i.e. on switch on should'nt the bottle fill up automatically untill it reaches a predetermined level controlled by the level sensor, I suspect that the board is faulty as it is not energising the fill solenoid but I thought that it was worth running it past engineers with more experience such as your goodselves, am I missing something obvious?

Cheers

Andy
28-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Hello El Padre:)

from memory these are electrode boilers, if the tank was empty there would be no way for the electrodes to pass there current to the water, no conductor.

Also recall that they need salt to start the process.

Any manual with the unit?

Who supplied it, should they not give you some support?

Kind Regards Andy :)

El Padre
29-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Hi Andy,
Yes you are correct, the elctrodes are being energised, but without any water in the bottle they quickly begin to draw too much current, I suppose that my questions are; 1. With a Denco unit the bottle automatically fills up, is this the case with Liebert? Because if so I can confidently replace the board as the board feeds directly the 24V solenoid and is currently failing to do so. 2. As a previous contractor has recently changed the bottle, is there a way via the controller of draining the bottle, If there is what is the service level access required?(they may have changed the bottle without emptying it and shorted the coil feed contacts, hence the faulty P.C.B)
I agree that there should be some sort of technical back up from Emerson, especially as my questions are pretty simple for the manufacturer to answer! I will try to get some more numbers.
Thanks

El Padre
29-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Hello Again,
Just confirmed that the bottle should automatically fill up, just for your interest the bottle fills up to a level that depends upon a steam production rate that is set in the controller, I noticed that it was set to 50% and guess that the bottle should be half full(empty).
It is a warranty issue, and I shall order a replacement P.C.B. tomorrow.

Cheers

Allrounder
22-11-2008, 12:14 AM
These types of humidifiers, are controlled by the current. So if the unit thinks it is overcurrent it won't try to fill. It will usually fill the bottle until it reaches it's predetermined current level. (if it is 50% and the full load is 10a then the running amps will be 5a)
I would first check that the unit is set up for the correct type of humidifier, if it is, then check the humidier control card, then the main pcb board. The sensor at the top of the bottle is the overfill sensor.
Good luck.