PDA

View Full Version : all reefer container problems/daikin/carrier/thermoking/mitsubishi

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Vans
01-01-2011, 11:07 AM
thanks! go reefer techs!

LTP-Jon
07-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Hi. I'm searching high and low for software to allow connection to the Mitsubishi MMCC3A unit on refrigerated containers. It's usually called "Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Data Logger System". Would anyone know where this is available to download? Thank yo very much.

Will
11-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Hi Jon, welcome to RE.

Is this what your looking for ?

http://truck.mhi.co.jp/gen/acrmw/service/informa/act5.html

bruisermac
21-01-2011, 06:10 PM
call up StarCOOL and they will send you the manuals. They have them on the site but you have to register to get the access.

reefermechanic
29-01-2011, 08:22 PM
hi guys,

everythings ok:)))

all the best...

reefer mechanic;)

mike50
04-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Hi. Iam a commercial refrigeration tech Electronic . I was just to repair a carrier 12-60028 controller because it's no turn on the system, let me know where I find the manual for get more information about it

reefermechanic
05-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Hi. Iam a commercial refrigeration tech Electronic . I was just to repair a carrier 12-60028 controller because it's no turn on the system, let me know where I find the manual for get more information about it

Hi Mike,

Whats the problem? Controller doesn't work or controller doesn't control some components? ( Etc. kompressor, fan motorrs?))

So you cant find any manual about controller on web... :((((

Waiting your reply...

See you..

Reefer mechanic...

lool
09-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Carrier doesn't gives information about controllers or sales spare parts for them. if you can send it to carrier and they will send you a repaired one for about 350EURO.

In other hands you should try if its possible to do a software uprade maybe it's a software/set up problem. For that you need a software card.

Tell us what is the exact problem. Doesn't turn on at all, turns on but nothing happend ...

terminal
12-02-2011, 01:29 PM
hi all
iam a new reefer tech ,
i want to thanks all tech persenels her;
i have one quation i have a lap top with windOwz xp tkt 2008;is possible to work tihs windOwz with dataline carrier.AND SMART SPONG THERMO KING.
BEST REGARD

terminal
12-02-2011, 01:34 PM
[QUOTE=Vans;214947]hello everyone!
does anyone have manuals for starcool and the carrier primeline? I am a Reefer Technician working in Dole Philippines. we come across these reefer units but we dont have manuals. any help is appreciated. email me vans@hot-shot.com.[/ I HAVE ONE MANEUL OF STARCOOL
I SEND YOU NOW .
BEST REGARD

adacus1
15-02-2011, 03:22 AM
Carrier container reefer manuals can be downloaded from their public website at

http://www.container.carrier.com

Select Literature in the left hand menu bar
Then manuals on the literature page
Manuals for the last 12 years at least are available direct online with out ID or password

qest233
15-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Hi all, I have a Carrier Thinline 69NT40-489, how can I set temperature range so do unit don't run 24/7. I guess what I'm asking is if the unit is controlled by thermostat? Seems like the one I have is always on.

adacus1
16-03-2011, 12:28 AM
I assume from your request that you are running this unit as a static store in the perishable range - Setpoint above minus 10°C. Under these conditions the unit is set to run continuously to provide optimum temperature control for perishable product. It does this by throttling the compressor suction line by slowly closing the suction modulation valve just before the compressor. In this way the air supplied into the container is controlled to setpoint +/- 0.25°C. The power draw under these conditions is significantly reduced as the compressor, the only major power draw item on the unit, is running light and current could be as low as 8-9amps from a high of 15amps. There is no way using the Carrier MicroLink controller to change this.

qest233
16-03-2011, 10:20 PM
I assume from your request that you are running this unit as a static store in the perishable range - Setpoint above minus 10°C. Under these conditions the unit is set to run continuously to provide optimum temperature control for perishable product. It does this by throttling the compressor suction line by slowly closing the suction modulation valve just before the compressor. In this way the air supplied into the container is controlled to setpoint +/- 0.25°C. The power draw under these conditions is significantly reduced as the compressor, the only major power draw item on the unit, is running light and current could be as low as 8-9amps from a high of 15amps. There is no way using the Carrier MicroLink controller to change this.
Thank you.

kheilan
19-03-2011, 12:43 AM
a pleasant day to you sir now....can u you help me i am reefer technician from Philippines can i have any you have a about reefer that makes me to improve my skills,we handle thermoking/carrier/daikin/Mitsubishi but i dont have any books or any thing abouts reefer just a diagram.

i hope you will help me and thanks in advance sir

lilgenesis_19@yahoo.com....

VIKAS_AHLAWAT87
25-03-2011, 04:57 PM
hey i have a problem with thermoking magnum its supply is going below the set point the set point is -20 and supply is -27 return is -29

gravy258
28-03-2011, 08:03 AM
hey i have a problem with thermoking magnum its supply is going below the set point the set point is -20 and supply is -27 return is -29[/QUOTE]

was the product loaded at -29 ? It being more frozen should make no difference.
If it was freezing fresh range products then i would be acting.

hrichards
04-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Hi. Could someone help me identify this ThermoKing model? I know it uses a C201 engine and V style (two piston?) pump.
I can not find the location of the model number.

Here is a picture.
http://www.marswegen.com/frontpic.jpg
It was involved in a cabin fire and the fuel lines melted. I am rerunning the fuel lines but I do not know which line is the return and which is the supply. I would think the supply would go through the filter first. The only place I see this is possible is at a T near the filter, there is a line from the injectors going to one side of this T, The fuel filter is on the other side of the T, and one of the burn off lines at another point on this T.

The other place is on the diesel pump, right under the priming plunger, there is another line that is burned off, but this line does not go to the filters, so I think it is the return line.

what has me confused is the T by the filter. I guess the return from the injectors could possibly refeed into the supply and be refiltered.

clivemtk
04-04-2011, 08:03 PM
the fridge in picture is a snwd 30 = no electric standby

hrichards
05-04-2011, 03:43 AM
Clivemtk,

Thanks for the quick response. After googling that model, I realize this was an antique that might have been worth salvaging instead of taking it apart. It was complete until I started taking it apart including a very nice chrome grill that I had to save for the man cave. It was last ran in 1997 as marked on the shiney like new oil and fuel filters. The front service doors were smashed in a way that would not allow them to be opened, so it was like a time capsule when I finally got the doors opened. The compressor is locked up, but after disconnecting the compressor, the engine turns easily (I haven't turned it more than a quarter of a turn though, I don't want to spin it arround until I'm ready to turn it over for a while to get oil pressure up). This is my first diesel engine.

I'm not trying to turn this into a "How To". Your answer was all I needed. Thanks for having this forum.

janneman913
07-04-2011, 08:01 PM
hello all

I'm new here on this forum, am a technician who has + -11 years working mainly on carrier reefers
I've recently started a new company but we are no yet a official carrier dealer.
We have all manuals and part list of the reefers but no service bulletins,
can anyone provide me with the last bulletins or tell me where to find them.

thans and greetings

RAFIQ
09-05-2011, 03:24 PM
dear all;

i want cancel alarm H002 for daikin reefer.

tnx.

VIKAS_AHLAWAT87
11-05-2011, 02:23 AM
hey i have a problem with thermoking magnum its supply is going below the set point the set point is -20 and supply is -27 return is -29

was the product loaded at -29 ? It being more frozen should make no difference.
If it was freezing fresh range products then i would be acting.[/QUOTE]

no it was not frozen its was ok whille ago but i dont know wht happen its goes like this...

RAFIQ
16-05-2011, 12:03 PM
impossible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pham tien
30-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Hi! All,

I have som prolem with daikin reefer machine, compressor eun verry nosie and can not pumdown how about it?

pls, help me

waleed
14-06-2011, 11:38 AM
hi, I have a mitsubishi reefer system that runs for five minutes then stops due to alarm code 413 compressor overheat. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem or what may be causing this?

bruisermac
18-06-2011, 05:48 AM
try checking to make sure the liquid injection valves are opening during compressor operation. Also make sure of hte basics like ***** level and compressor amp draws stuff like that.

next time post more information about the reefer like model and serial number. Setpoint info and other detailed info is needed for proper troubleshooting.

kheilan
18-06-2011, 09:16 AM
more power to us all reefer man lastly hi to all pinoy ^^

kheilan
18-06-2011, 09:47 AM
hello to all boss.....i am curious because i have a compressor a new overhaul compressor this is my question the new compressor is running at +02 setpoint in that SP there's no any problem with in 2mos so now i'll change the set point because i want to use my reefer in frozen mode at -25 SP after 3hrs when we conduct a PTI or Pre Trip Inspection i heard a hamming from a compressor and the next is my breaker is trip off and our report is many option and will tell everything what i make in my report.

this what i write in my report and a bases in my experience.
1. Oil in my compressor is low
2. High Ampere
3. Not enough *****
4. Maybe the compressor have a foreign material in the system "but i think that is not a strong bases because the unit is new flashing"

and in myself this is what happen but i did not write to my report in office.

1. maybe the new overhaul compressor is synthetic or local material only.
2. maybe the piston is this allign.
3. over use

the unit is microlink 2 carrier.

phil Landon
04-07-2011, 07:38 AM
hi there was wondering if someone can help.......
I have been working on a nt40-511-332 box and when it gets thru to P8 on the PTI it gets down to 1.0deg C then goes back into defrost.The box then fails the PTI. I have replaced a set of defrost heaters as they were down to earth. The contrtoller software is 5146. I have had this before and it turned out to be the controller (ML2I). The refrigerant charge sees to be ok and it passes all steps up to the P8. Havent tried the P10 by itself yet, might try that but any hints or tips that anyone can give would be very much appreciated.

Has anyone had any issues with the 5146 software?

Thanks very much in advance

nekigosu
11-07-2011, 02:12 AM
Hey guys i need some urgent help here.

I have a Carrier Reefer Container and just now the Controller Alarm was displaying AL60 (Defrost Termination Sensor Failure) and a while ago it completely shut down and the Controller Alarm was displaying AL61 (Heaters Failure).

But after i restart everything, it is fine up till now (fingers crossed)

Are these 2 errors code AL60 and AL61 something serious and do i need to send a technician straight away to rectify the problems?

ramakrishna
14-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Dear Sir,

I have problem with my container refrigeration unit. It is carrier transicold unit model no.69NT40-511-11. When start the unit compressor is getting full frosting. Can you help me to solve this problem?
Thanks & Regards

Krish

Welcome Reefermechanic.

What ?, no StarCool ?

kheilan
16-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Dear to all RE:

I need some advice because i will conduct a flashing. the unit is carrier although i have experience to do that but i want to have advice for some important to because the last compressor of that unit is broken so we buy a new compressor.

thank you and regards to all out there ^^:)

kheilan
16-07-2011, 07:35 AM
I have been working on a nt40-511-332 box and when it gets thru to P8 on the PTI it gets down to 1.0deg C then goes back into defrost.The box then fails the PTI. I have replaced a set of defrost heaters as they were down to earth. The contrtoller software is 5146. I have had this before and it turned out to be the controller (ML2I). The refrigerant charge sees to be ok and it passes all steps up to the P8. Havent tried the P10 by itself yet, might try that but any hints or tips that anyone can give would be very much appreciated.

Hi Sir you try to replace a new DTS and HTS???

kheilan
16-07-2011, 07:49 AM
On a recent trip i had this problem. I was on a ship and had a carrier reefer that had a bad smv valve ( would only open 27%). I didn't have a spare on board so I took the valve apart and removed the piston as the manual said. Well while trying to adjust the temp with the suction service valve i encountered the following problem. The discharge pressure would go so high that it kept opening high pressure cutout switch. I had the suction valve almost closed then the pressure would go almost to the cutout limit and then back on and of while the temp would go down only during the period when the discharge pressure was going from high to low while average temp was going slowly up. I noticed that the quench valve kept closing and opening all the time. Now i always thought that when the smv is fully open the quench valve is suppose to remain shut. I keep wondering what did i do wrong and what was the problem.

maybe the unit is equip a STEPPER MOTOR i know 27 % in starting is ok base on my own observation ^^

reefermechanic
20-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Dear Sir,

I have problem with my container refrigeration unit. It is carrier transicold unit model no.69NT40-511-11. When start the unit compressor is getting full frosting. Can you help me to solve this problem?
Thanks & Regards

Krish

Hi Krish

Some times that s normal. But some times that s not normal. Yo have to check step by step below mationed;

* You have to do P-6 SMV test, pass or fail?
* You have to check refrigerant level in the system. Maybe refrigerant level is too much??
* You have to check TXV.

If all them ok below mationed no need repair to your unit...

Good luck.

see you

Reefer mechanic.

avicente
21-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Hi reefer mechanic,
Just to ask you about SMV of reefer containers what will happen to the temperature if the SMV does not fully close while the fregiration system is running?

reefermechanic
21-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi reefer mechanic,
Just to ask you about SMV of reefer containers what will happen to the temperature if the SMV does not fully close while the fregiration system is running?

Hi Avicente,

When did you see SMV fully close ? SMV dosn't fully close never while the refrigeration system running. SMV does modulation cool when reefer working.

What you want learn about SMV? If SMV fully open every time while the refrigeration system running thas big problem...

Waiting your reply.

see you

reefer mechanic..

ramakrishna
21-07-2011, 04:23 PM
my dear friend,

thank you very much for the suggession. container is in transit and will do the test once it reach.

Thanks & Regards

Krish

bruisermac
29-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Alarm 60 is minor details. It will terminate the defrost on the HTT anyway. The sensor reading is wrong. Very common issue.

Hey guys i need some urgent help here.

I have a Carrier Reefer Container and just now the Controller Alarm was displaying AL60 (Defrost Termination Sensor Failure) and a while ago it completely shut down and the Controller Alarm was displaying AL61 (Heaters Failure).

But after i restart everything, it is fine up till now (fingers crossed)

Are these 2 errors code AL60 and AL61 something serious and do i need to send a technician straight away to rectify the problems?

bruisermac
29-07-2011, 11:01 PM
the 5146 software is bad.. Carrier has released 5151 now and it has repaired a few glitches. 5148 is reliable as well if you have that one around.

Can you open the controller and see if the SMV capacitor is blown? Sometimes the controller will act funny when it tries to control the SMV. Thats usually what the damage isinside the controller from my experience anyway.

phil Landon
06-08-2011, 05:17 AM
Hi there Bruisermac, thanks for the reply, I reconfigured the controller and updated the software, still no chnage. I ended up changing the controller and that seemed to solve the problem. the box has since sailed and seems to be ok.

cheers

kheilan
10-08-2011, 12:25 PM
hi to all reefer technician and pleasant day to all...

i want advice from the other techncian who's have a long experience in daikin reefer van

i wonder what is the common problem of daikin reefer van the compressor is hermetic,....and what is the most important to check up always after PTI

thank you and take care ^^

terminal
17-08-2011, 08:33 AM
hi to all reefers technicians and good day to all
i have a big probleme with carrier but rearly i need solution .
the probleme is ice in he pannel reefers alwys reefer is out of range.
i make defrost ,wather in the evap .but same probleme.
best regard

heaviw8
26-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Hi guys,

1st time here. got an alarm E109 on Daikin unit LXE10E-A1. ANY SUGGESTIONS? I regularly working on TK, Carrier and Mitsubishi but not Daikin. Any help is highly appreciated.

reefermechanic
27-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi guys,

1st time here. got an alarm E109 on Daikin unit LXE10E-A1. ANY SUGGESTIONS? I regularly working on TK, Carrier and Mitsubishi but not Daikin. Any help is highly appreciated.

hi heaviw8

i was send e-mail to your e-mail adress. Have you check it?? Whats happen, problem solved??

see you

reefermechanic

terminal
03-09-2011, 12:08 PM
hi to all reefers technicians and good day to all
i have a big probleme with carrier but rearly i need solution .
the probleme is ice in the pannel of supply alwys the reefer is out of range.
best regard

refmaster
14-09-2011, 01:01 PM
wrong litium battery into controler. Replace battery and softweare.

refmaster
14-09-2011, 01:20 PM
hi, all power relay replace with new one and the keypad we put also new one but the same problem " emergency program"

wrong litium battery into controler. Replace battery and softweare.

kheilan
22-09-2011, 06:55 AM
hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmfffffffffff

a good day to all of us reefer technician :(

i have a problem in my daikin FAILURE of RETURN SENSOR alarm although the unit is running i can't see the display monitoring of RETURN in reefer i want to replace the sensor but i can't find any dealer here in my country so what can i do now???can i use the sensor from the partlow???so can i use again the unit while im waiting to have a brand new return sensor???

thank u :(

kheilan
22-09-2011, 07:27 AM
hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmffffffff

hi mr.reefer mechanic i want to ask something because i have new overhaul compressor so i installed in my unit all the system is clean i use nitro and r-141 and i vacuum the system and then i replace a new filter dryer, i operate the unit, after 30mins i see a abnormal movement of my oil compressor because i see in the sight glass that will become empty so no oil come back in my crankcase right???!!so maybe i have a defective TEV may i right??? pls help me :(

thank you so much

REEFER CONTR
24-09-2011, 10:28 AM
HI There,

I am reefer man from malaysia, i hope to share information with all reefer engineer, technician,mechanic

Rgds:D

REEFER CONTR
24-09-2011, 11:00 AM
hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmfffffffffff

a good day to all of us reefer technician :(

i have a problem in my daikin FAILURE of RETURN SENSOR alarm although the unit is running i can't see the display monitoring of RETURN in reefer i want to replace the sensor but i can't find any dealer here in my country so what can i do now???can i use the sensor from the partlow???so can i use again the unit while im waiting to have a brand new return sensor???

thank u :(

Dear Kheilan,

is in return display E

.ON Chartls & Calibrate the partlow chart.

animon.2008
26-09-2011, 08:45 PM
hi reefer mechanic how r u
can u help me i need daikin and thermo king service manual where i will get these both are if u have plz sent as a pdf this my id animon.2008@rediff.com

kheilan
30-09-2011, 05:49 AM
Dear Kheilan,

is in return display E

.ON Chartls & Calibrate the partlow chart.

thank's for the info. i replace a new sensor for return. cheer up :D

kheilan
08-10-2011, 12:32 PM
a good day to all reefer technician.....can i ask a few question... . . . . :Di have new overhaul compressor because the past history of the compressor is broken piston so we overhaul the compressor and now, the compressor is ok i decided to use in reefer CARRIER ML2 now i have seen the abnormality of compressor because before i start using the unit i have been charge the OIL 3/4 of sight glass and now after 1hr and half the oil is running out, so i shut off the unit and start thinking what is the possible cause of that.... .. . . .now i don't have any idea what is going on this is the first time i encounter a problem like this.... .. .-5c before i shut down, the company of compressor repair said to me that my TXV is defective is this possible cause??help me :((tnx

fercmal2
15-10-2011, 05:21 AM
dear sirs

i am not a reefer technician but my situation warrants an immediate solution so i seek your professional help. 7949

we have done initial precooling to -20C before loading the -18C products. however after 20 hrs of cooling only -9C was reached, compressor covered in ice and sight glass white with bubbles. shud i unload and return to the cold stores? kindly advise

jday_michel
15-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Request Service Manual mitsubishi daikin.
thx
mcnc6@msn.com

chillerman2006
16-10-2011, 10:25 PM
dear sirs

i am not a reefer technician but my situation warrants an immediate solution so i seek your professional help. 7949

we have done initial precooling to -20C before loading the -18C products. however after 20 hrs of cooling only -9C was reached, compressor covered in ice and sight glass white with bubbles. shud i unload and return to the cold stores? kindly advise

Hi fercmal

without any technical info, I would suspect you either have a dirty/blocked evaporator coil or an evaporator fan is not running

R's chillerman

fercmal2
17-10-2011, 09:26 PM
hi chillerman

thank you very much for the reply. may i ask what technical info do i need to resolve this prob.
on another note, when loading to a reefer van, which is better
1. precool to setpoint (-20C), turn off unit, then immediately load frozen(-18C) products at ambient temp or
2. precool to setpoint, turn off unit, open doors and allow container to reach ambient, ensure all water(condensate) inside container is evaporated before loading frozen products

sorry for taking so much of your time

chillerman2006
18-10-2011, 12:52 AM
Hi fercmal

with loading pull to temp and then load

with the container unit, they normally have access panels to evap/fan on the outside

you can (carefully) check if all fans are running through them, and after a defrost you

can turn the unit off, dissconnect power supply plug and get your head right in there with a torch

to check evap, has defrosted or not, if not you may have heater bars gone down

depends on your electrical knowledge on if you can change these yourself or not

as they are multi-speed, multi-voltage, so have quite a few wires on fans

I presume you have transfered the load now, so in the back you can remove the large panels

to gain full access, Problem if fan not running though could be a contactor fault or control circuit & same with heater bars

So your probaly need an engineer to diagnose/rectify either way

R's chillerman

reefermechanic
27-10-2011, 01:45 PM
dear sirs

Hi Sir,

You have to check the electronc expansion valve. And also there is too much refrigeration in the system. Check alll them.. Good luck.

see you

reefer mechanic

REEFER CONTR
06-11-2011, 01:59 AM

Dear All, For Your Information

REEFER CONTR
06-11-2011, 02:05 AM
MSG FROM colleagues

We bring to everyone attention below important message concerning the explosion of container refrigeration units due to suspected wrong refrigerant gas top up during servicing of the units. The explosion occurred from the compressor when units were conducting PTI (Pre-Trip Inspection) and it has resulted 3 casualties unfortunately.

Based on our latest findings, 4 reefer units have exploded; ie 3 from Maersk (2 in Vietnam and 1 in Itajaí, Brazil) and 1 from CMA (in Qingdao, China).

Two units were exploded on 27th April 2011 and 28th April, 2011 in Vietnam; another Maersk unit was exploded on 7th October, 2011 in Brazil; one CMA unit was exploded on 9th October,2011 in Qingdao. Fortunately the exploded unit in Qingdao has not resulted any casualty.

We also share below attached reports and quote from our China/Brazil office.

=Quote on Oct 14 from MOLBR =

We received an incident report fm our TAO reefer vendor, a compressor had exploded on a reefer unit when it was being plugged in for PTI at their depot facility. The intense of the exploded compressor had ripped off the entire machinery compartment right into the front access panel of the container. Fortunately at time of the explosion, no technician was attending to the unit as otherwise it would be fatal.

This reefer unit was mty repo fm Vietnam to TAO and it was being reported that there were 4 similar cases happened recently at other locations which the reefers were also exported fm Vietnam. The cause of the compressor explosion is still under investigation by China Classification Society but may be due to abnormal pressure built up in the compressor caused by non-conformance ***** gas being charged into the system.

In this regards, could you kindly inform and warn all depot reefer vendors to take safety precaution, to check the pressure on both the discharge and service valve, esp for unit that is mty returned fm Vietnam and if deem necessary to flush out the ***** in the system and clean it out completely.

Attached file herewith, aftermath photos on the extent of the damages sustained on subj reefer taken at TAO for your reference.

=unquote=

Feedback from our Brazil reefer vendors indicated that Vietnam reefer vendors might have injected GRP and L12 gas instead of R134. Maersk has since postponed its PTI arrangement in Brazil on the 300 units loaded from Vietnam during March to May period.

HKHKGLEM has also followed up with MOL Vietnam to further understood the case. The 2 Maersk units exploded in Vietnam happened on April 2011 and the vendor was APM Saigonship (A joint venture company with one of Maersk’s subsidiary). Preliminary findings indicated that APM Saigonship might have injected wrong refrigerant into the reefer units during reefer servicing. On the other hand, MOL Vietnam confirmed the current 5 reefer servicing vendors appointed in Vietnam (3 in HCM, 1 in HPH and 1 in Danang) are using R134 refrigerants that origins & manufacturers are Dupont (USA), Klear (Japan), Forane (France), Kalton (Germany) and Forane (France) respectively. As a safety precaution, MOL Vietnam will also generate the reefer lists being serviced from March period. These will be shared on next distribution.

Separately, HKHKGLEM gathered H. Yamamoto san of JPTYOLEQ comments that the explosion might be due to HC-12A ***** (a flammable refrigerant) wrongly injected to R134A base reefer. He is currently gathering information from Carrier Transicold to confirm it.

HKGLEM will continue to follow up with Vietnam and respective offices involved on the development of this case. Should you have any updates to share, please forward to HKHKGLEM for consolidation and distribution. We would like to streamline all updates on this case vie HKHKGLEM. During the interim, we would like all offices to check from StarNet system on units origin before PTI. If in doubt, please do not hesitate to contact HKGLEM.

Please also distribute this information within and to all related parties.

giath
07-11-2011, 12:41 PM

reefer mechanic
Hi Sir:
I work in field SBII thermo king, and i have some problems in cycle senetry switch. could you please to send me anything related in like diagrams, wiring code and possibe cause .....
Any help is appreciated.
thanks alot
My email is giath2008@hotmail.com

mimini
12-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi Reefer Mechanic,
I am working on a Daikin RZP125DV1 and the customer gets Installation Manual but not the Service Manual.
Could you help me with that issue ?
(After changing indoor unit, the Daikin does not start and gives E4 error code).
Thank You
Alain

kheilan
12-11-2011, 07:18 PM
hello im here again and again :D i need a advice because im working now on my CARRIER REEFER CONTAINER VAN here my trouble i have a unit thus have alarm 20 fuse blown so i check the control box and i see the 10ampere fuse blown so on the spot i replace a new and good 10ampere fuse now i can clear the alarm 21 to the unit, i thought the unit is becoming ok if i replace that fuse but when i try to start the unit when the compressor is running or contactor compressor is running the fuse 3 is blown again and again and again.

what is maybe the possible problem of this unit any idea or experiencing this trouble kindly share to me thank you so much.

reefermechanic
12-11-2011, 11:04 PM
hello im here again and again :D i need a advice because im working now on my CARRIER REEFER CONTAINER VAN here my trouble i have a unit thus have alarm 21 fuse blown so i check the control box and i see the 10ampere fuse blown so on the spot i replace a new and good 10ampere fuse now i can clear the alarm 21 to the unit, i thought the unit is becoming ok if i replace that fuse but when i try to start the unit when the compressor is running or contactor compressor is running the fuse 3 is blown again and again and again.

what is maybe the possible problem of this unit any idea or experiencing this trouble kindly share to me thank you so much.

Hi khelian,

check your mail box

see you..

reefer mechanic

reefermechanic
12-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Hi Reefer Mechanic,
I am working on a Daikin RZP125DV1 and the customer gets Installation Manual but not the Service Manual.
Could you help me with that issue ?
(After changing indoor unit, the Daikin does not start and gives E4 error code).
Thank You
Alain

Hi Alain,

I think your unit is not refrigerated container unit. I cant help you. sorry..

see you

reefer mechanic

reefermechanic
13-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Hi animon.2008

All them too much. Maybe one of one i can send you the manual. Which one you need??

See you

Reefer Mechanic.

mimini
13-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi Alain,

I think your unit is not refrigerated container unit. I cant help you. sorry..

see you

reefer mechanic
Sorry, you're right ... my bad English made me post in the bad place.
See you.
Alain

lakustavd
30-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Help me please! What do the emergency codes E6 and E7 in the refrigeratorKerstner 202E? How to remove them?

VIKAS_AHLAWAT87
02-12-2011, 03:36 AM
hey now this is the problem which i have a challenge can someone advice for this

m on the ship and i have a dikin reefer setpoint -25 is not getting in range and all the things seems ok
which are as below:-
supply=-24.6,return=-19.0,suction pressure=-.39 bar,discharge pressure=13.5 bar
EV=10
SMV=100
SG=44.7
DC=-91.2
EO=-25.3
EI=-28.3
AMBIENT=35
C.T=8.1AMP

SO i know you are reefer geeks so hoping for your good response.....take care

MuGGz
12-12-2011, 07:04 PM
hey guys can anyone maby help me out with a panasonic unit model number cu-140c53xp? unit runs for a while and then completely shuts down ...im still learning about ref...

Ruiripper
16-12-2011, 05:00 PM
hi all ... i dont no if anybody can help but i hope so...i have an carrier thinline with controller microlink 3 and i want to change the battery data(BR 2330) anybody knows if it was like microlink 2i or it is necessary to weld ,the old was just plugged in, I can not see on these new because it comes filled with glue and I did not want to venture without knowing if it is really necessary welding it or not...

glad for your attention
hope anybody can help.

reefermechanic
21-12-2011, 04:18 PM
hi all ... i dont no if anybody can help but i hope so...i have an carrier thinline with controller microlink 3 and i want to change the battery data(BR 2330) anybody knows if it was like microlink 2i or it is necessary to weld ,the old was just plugged in, I can not see on these new because it comes filled with glue and I did not want to venture without knowing if it is really necessary welding it or not...

glad for your attention
hope anybody can help.

Hi Ruirippe

yes you right , ,the old was just plugged in. But new batteries are different. You need to solder. But i didn't replace any new type. You should careful the plus and minus connections. Good luck.

see you
reefer mechanic

REEFER CONTR
03-01-2012, 12:03 PM
hello. happy new year!!!.

I need views on the alarm13 : I/O expansion communication fault on .
unit type carrier, scroll compressor.

how to off or by pass the I/O expansion communication.

KapitanPeskanov
01-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Hello!
I have a problem with SRAM cards. I wanted to upgrade to 5354 in a reefer, but I tried with several cards and now everyone shows me the display "bad card".
I've formatted the card and put the softwar again, but I still have the same problem. I tried to change the battery of the cards but not solved. Can you help?

I apologize for my poor English
Thanks!

reefermechanic
05-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Hello!
I have a problem with SRAM cards. I wanted to upgrade to 5354 in a reefer, but I tried with several cards and now everyone shows me the display "bad card".
I've formatted the card and put the softwar again, but I still have the same problem. I tried to change the battery of the cards but not solved. Can you help?

Thanks!

Hi Peskanov,

I m sorry but i think you have to buy new PCMCI card.

good luck

reefer mechanic.

reefermechanic
05-02-2012, 09:25 PM

reefermechanic
05-02-2012, 09:39 PM

kheilan
21-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Hi khelian,check your mail boxsee you..reefer mechanic Hi sir i solved my problem grounded SSV ireplace new thanks sir cher up hehehe

kheilan
21-02-2012, 05:16 PM
mr. reefer mechanic what can i do my compressor have icing on suction section when the temperature is -16 the suction section wil be heavy frosted so i will stop operation of the unit :'(

reefermechanic
25-02-2012, 10:49 AM
mr. reefer mechanic what can i do my compressor have icing on suction section when the temperature is -16 the suction section wil be heavy frosted so i will stop operation of the unit :'(

hi kheilan
what s the unit model number??

see you

reefermechanic

bruisermac
27-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Peskanov

Are you using aftermarket cards? You have to reprogram the card or charge the battery. Keep it in the omnidrive and recharge the card. Then format and reload the software.

This happens to me once in a while with the non carrier cards.

bruisermac
27-02-2012, 05:08 PM
I have a question. LXE10E -A15B. Unit cools fine but will not heat or defrost. Suction pressure is -50kpa in defrost. Both HSV and DSV operating normally(Can feel hot on both side of valve and coil energizes)

PTI alarms J241 and J321. ANY IDEAS ?

Will
01-03-2012, 03:53 AM
Same one we touched on ?

will not heat or defrost

(Can feel hot on both side of valve and coil energizes)

Curious, where does this "feel hot" end ?

I mean if it's not making it to to evap, gota 'end' somewhere.

Edit; Another thought, any chance it might be slightly under charged ?

reefermechanic
05-03-2012, 08:55 AM
I have a question. LXE10E -A15B. Unit cools fine but will not heat or defrost. Suction pressure is -50kpa in defrost. Both HSV and DSV operating normally(Can feel hot on both side of valve and coil energizes)

PTI alarms J241 and J321. ANY IDEAS ?

Hi bruisermac

pls check your PM.

see you,

Reefer mechanic.

terminal
12-03-2012, 02:19 PM
pls i have a question .i have probleme in the starcool unit.section presser 0.5b and desh presser 6.4 b all valve are ok .set point -20 ret -13 sup -16 the probleme is the frequncy of the copressor is very low 33 HZ .tubing pressure section is full of frost.
i am sorry for my english.
thanks

jakemigz
12-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Hi reefermechanic maybe you can help me to find service manuals for SB II trailer, how to access the super guarded access of SB III SR+ a manuals for this as well, also i need to also a thermo king trucks and trailers parts catalogue. Here is my email rebartolay@yahoo.com. Thanks

yng200
16-03-2012, 08:36 AM
pls i have a question .i have probleme in the starcool unit.section presser 0.5b and desh presser 6.4 b all valve are ok .set point -20 ret -13 sup -16 the probleme is the frequncy of the copressor is very low 33 HZ .tubing pressure section is full of frost.
i am sorry for my english.
thanks

You seem to have a defective suction temp sensor (reading is probably too high), so controller keeps on trying to open the EEV on higher percentage than needed to pull down.

Try to compare the readings of the evaporator temp sensor and suction temp sensor. :) They should not be too far from each other.

terminal
16-03-2012, 08:45 PM
thank you gentlemen for your help. I checked all sensor are good.i've found the problem in copresseur performance.
best regard

alfredegz2003
12-04-2012, 11:56 AM
check evaporator fan if it is running or any ice clogging before and after evaporator airway. if ok then check expansion valve.

alfredegz2003
12-04-2012, 12:41 PM
hi, i have small problem with carrier 69nt40-541-301. i found the unit was not running and no display.supply voltage were checked and found all ok.checked all connectors found all ok. i replaced the controller ML3. then unit ran. but the cooling is not that efficient. it only cool down to -1.8C to -1.3 sup, ret from 1.2 to 0.8C. SP is -2.0C. On the display cd01 smv opening is already 100%. it was cooling good before the old controller fail. i already bypassed the smv line with a hose from port before the smv to suction service valve(thinking that the smv not really opening) but still not cooling good. the new controller (ML3 uncofgrd,recip p/n 12-55008)has built in operational software (cd18) 5147. but unconfigured (cd20 is blank).dont have configuration software onboard right now.
how much must be the current or voltage (forgot how smv is controlled :D) when the contrller is commaNDING IT TO OPEN 100 %(because i measured V nothing, or even negative small value with smv disconnected)? iwant to correct first the software installed before jumping to conclusion that the EV is the problem.it is possible that the problem is cause by this unconfigured controller?

Reefer709
18-04-2012, 11:13 PM
Hello!

Thanks!

Have you tried recharging the card in the Omni reader and reloading software.

Reefer709
18-04-2012, 11:36 PM
hi, i have small problem with carrier 69nt40-541-301. i found the unit was not running and no display.supply voltage were checked and found all ok.checked all connectors found all ok. i replaced the controller ML3. then unit ran. but the cooling is not that efficient. it only cool down to -1.8C to -1.3 sup, ret from 1.2 to 0.8C. SP is -2.0C. On the display cd01 smv opening is already 100%. it was cooling good before the old controller fail. i already bypassed the smv line with a hose from port before the smv to suction service valve(thinking that the smv not really opening) but still not cooling good. the new controller (ML3 uncofgrd,recip p/n 12-55008)has built in operational software (cd18) 5147. but unconfigured (cd20 is blank).dont have configuration software onboard right now.
how much must be the current or voltage (forgot how smv is controlled :D) when the contrller is commaNDING IT TO OPEN 100 %(because i measured V nothing, or even negative small value with smv disconnected)? iwant to correct first the software installed before jumping to conclusion that the EV is the problem.it is possible that the problem is cause by this unconfigured controller?

You are right that you should first make sure model config is properly set. From what you said that SP is -2.0C and supply temp(controlling sensor) is -1.8C then stepper valve should already be partially closed.

reefermechanic
19-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Hi Alfredegz,

check ur pm:)

see you

reefer mechanic

23-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Hi guys

I'm having an issue loading the Star Cool version 0350 software onto the CIM 6 units. I'm using a laptop to do the upload as i am currently stil waiting for my logman that i ordered 2months ago.
When ive connected to the reefer with starview through the laptop i go to the software upload option. Once selected unit shuts down and the upload window starts to test the connection and says satus ok after a few seconds. But the upload progress bar stays at 0% and when i go into details it shows that 2 block errors have occured.

Can anyone shed some light on what these block errors could be or what i'm doing wrong. I have never updated a star cool reefer with a laptop so if anyone can maybe provide me with a step by step on the process.

Also i would like to know if daiken, thermoking and carrier(all mentioned reefers are marine reefers) can be updated with a laptop and if so what sofware do i need and where to getit. I already have the updates available, but with no logman i'm a little stuck....

Thanks in advance

Reefer709
24-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Hi Guys,
I have changed comp. in an LXE10E Daikin. Sight glass was foggy so i changed that and drier.Recharged with virgin R134a. Unit ran for about 1 min or 2 then went into deep vacuum. I trouble shoot alarm 109 per latest bulletin. I have changed eev body, lsv coil and body. How to trouble shoot SMV without magnet. Any and all help appreciated.

reefermechanic
24-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Hi Guys,
I have changed comp. in an LXE10E Daikin. Sight glass was foggy so i changed that and drier.Recharged with virgin R134a. Unit ran for about 1 min or 2 then went into deep vacuum. I trouble shoot alarm 109 per latest bulletin. I have changed eev body, lsv coil and body. How to trouble shoot SMV without magnet. Any and all help appreciated.

Hi Reefer709

Do you sure EEV is ok? Pls take out the bobin of EEv from body. Then run the reefer. You have to check on select menu LPT. Waiting your reply.

Best regards.

reefer mechanic

aussiereefertec
17-06-2012, 11:28 PM
There also may be a problem with either one of your evap inlet and outlet sensors that can be checked in the menu check your ambient sensor as well

aussiereefertec
17-06-2012, 11:30 PM
There also may be a problem with either one of your evap inlet and outlet sensors that can be checked in the menu check your ambient sensor as well. Make sure that when you put the EEV coil onto the body that you seal it with silicone as moisture gets into the body and freezes up causing vacuums

E/E Rohit
18-06-2012, 03:10 AM
Good Day Mr. Reefer technician,

I'm trainee electrical officer in MAERSK line. Just started my 2nd sailing in MAY2012. I dont have much experiance on troubleshooting of REEFERS. I've handled DAIKIN,STARCOOL,CARRIER,TK.Will need your guidance for troubleshooting. I'm already started to reading through all manuals. But still require your guidance. I hope you will.

Thanking you.
Rohit.

phil Landon
19-06-2012, 03:33 AM
hi there Guys, I have a problem with an NT20-531-301. The unit throws up an AL14, it is running and at temp and has been for 2 days. we have checked all the IP circuits and all wiring. the evap motors are all working and the controller is reading current.I have tried to swap the incoming phases over and the other phase contactor pulls in and the alarm remains active. The incoming power is ok .

WE have also checked Cd41 and the right hand digit is a 4.The manual tells me it is either a motor or sensor. The manual doesnt tell me what sensor. I have reconfigured the controller and loaded the latest software, still no joy. We have swapped the controller and also tried a new expansion module and the alarm is still active. We have checked the terminals on the compressor and they are all ok. the current draw on the compressor is within limits. I have talked wirth a couple of people and they seem to think that the compressor could be the problem. I really need to be sure before recommending this .
Any help that anyone can give would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance

reefermechanic
23-06-2012, 07:35 AM

reefermechanic
23-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Good Day Mr. Reefer technician,

I'm trainee electrical officer in MAERSK line. Just started my 2nd sailing in MAY2012. I dont have much experiance on troubleshooting of REEFERS. I've handled DAIKIN,STARCOOL,CARRIER,TK.Will need your guidance for troubleshooting. I'm already started to reading through all manuals. But still require your guidance. I hope you will.

Thanking you.
Rohit.

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for your good wishes. I try help you for your request. But reefer container jobs is not easy. I was working since 10 years in this job. I still learning a lot of things when working. My suggestion would be to develop the most important scholar, cooling and electricity.

good luck
see you

reefermechanic.

ReeferC
25-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Hi all reefer,
First, sorry for my poor English.
I have a problem with Carrier 551-506 (scroll compressor). It got P10-1 Fail when Pretrip, about 3-4 units got same this problem. I've check refrigerant OK, all valves are operating normally. When unit's in cooling mode (not in Pretrip), it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst by system. Normally, a 40' unit take about 3-4 hours for a Pretrip, but it took over 6-9 hous then got P10-1 Fail. Also i've SW (5354), config (551-506) are OK. I was confused this problem, so anyone can help me for solving it pls.

Thanks & Bgds,

reefermechanic
25-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi all reefer,
I have a problem with Carrier 551-506 (scroll compressor). It got P10-1 Fail when Pretrip, about 3-4 units got same this problem. I've check refrigerant OK, all valves are operating normally. When unit's in cooling mode (not in Pretrip), it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst by system. Normally, a 40' unit take about 3-4 hours for a Pretrip, but it took over 6-9 hous then got P10-1 Fail. Also i've SW (5354), config (551-506) are OK. I was confused this problem, so anyone can help me for solving it pls.

Thanks & Bgds,

Hi reeferC

welcome on board:))

Have you try work the normal operation to the reefer? You have to set the set temperatureto -18.0 C and pls note when return temperature to the -18.0 C. I no know have you check to the inside of reefer container. If there is damage on buffer plate and evaporator fan blades reefer unit doesn't cool. Check them pls.

good luck
reefer mechanic

reefermechanic
25-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Hi all reefer,

Thanks & Bgds,

and also you have to check air flow of condenser coil. If need clean the condenser coil.

see you

reefer mechanic.

ReeferC
25-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Hi reeferC

welcome on board:))

Have you try work the normal operation to the reefer? You have to set the set temperatureto -18.0 C and pls note when return temperature to the -18.0 C. I no know have you check to the inside of reefer container. If there is damage on buffer plate and evaporator fan blades reefer unit doesn't cool. Check them pls.

good luck
reefer mechanic
First, thanks so much for very quickly reply,
Yes, i set unit -18C for cooling, as i said ''it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst by system'', can't reach to -18C (i don't know why, i think this made pretrip's lasted). Return & Supply are normally, they different 6C. Also i've check evap motor fan, blade are OK, only the humidity sensor is cut, Inside, plate's good. Seem problem is why it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst ?
Hope u know.
Thanks again,

reefermechanic
25-06-2012, 02:31 PM
First, thanks so much for very quickly reply,
Yes, i set unit -18C for cooling, as i said ''it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst by system'', can't reach to -18C (i don't know why, i think this made pretrip's lasted). Return & Supply are normally, they different 6C. Also i've check evap motor fan, blade are OK, only the humidity sensor is cut, Inside, plate's good. Seem problem is why it run until about -10C to -12C, automatically actived deforst ?
Hope u know.
Thanks again,

Hi ReeferC

I think air comes from outside to inside container.

Pls check all them below mationed then reply to me.

* Check the condenser coil. Dirty or clean?
* Check the isolation of evaporator fan motor acces panels. There must be isolation for air bypass. You know this? Black insulating tape to the top of back of acces panels.
* Check the door rubber of container doors.
* Chek the Compressor service valves or liquid line shutoff valve
partially closed?

* check insulation of air vent door. Also it must be fully close.

good luck

see you
reefer mechanic

phil Landon
26-06-2012, 05:56 AM
hi there reefer C, have you checked the TX valve. I had one not to long ago that would do the same. We narrowed it down to the TX Valve. It will go into defrost if it detects there is no difference in supply and return
e.g evaporator coil iced up. Try taking it off auto defrost and running it you will see what the suction pressure is doing. The TX valve might be closing prematurely, this can be caused by moisture in the system, have yiou tried a new filter drier and refrigerant charge

Try these and see where you go

good luck

ReeferC
26-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Hi, Thanks so much 4 replying reefer mechanic, phil Landon.
I've checked this unit in this morning, problem i think that's WATER inside, have amount of water inside reefer container, maybe water pipe's choed up & 4 drains hose can't open. So the time to pretrip is long. Tommorow, my coworker will clean inside then try to PTI it again, then i'll report to u.

@ phil Landon, i'll pay attention to ur ideas. Thanks

Thanks again 4 reply,
Goodluck all.

ReeferC
30-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Hi all, some days im so busy, I checked, problem is Water inside. After cleaning, do PTI again & Passed.
Thanks 4 all rp.
Bdgs

kheilan
30-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Mr. Reefer mechanic help me can u give me a manual and part list of daikin decosIIIb i can't find the supply sensor of that unit ;( tnx this is my email address lilgenesis_19@yahoo.com and kh31lan@gmail.com

sid_sidney
30-06-2012, 11:37 PM
hi, i am having a problem with a thermo king rd II 50 tci dual temp unit have chaecked and had charged with ***** but still cannot get the unit to cool everything seems to be working but it acts like there is a vavle or something some where not letting the ***** cool the unit neither unit will cool front or rear and also if any one has a manual on this unit i would really appreciate it as i cannot get the fan on the rear evap unit to run it has no power to the fan motor any hepl would be greatly appreciated my email is sid_sidney2002@yahoo

sid_sidney
01-07-2012, 12:13 AM
also this is a 1995 model unit

kheilan
03-07-2012, 05:48 AM
Tsk tsk i have a problem my unit have a heavly frosting in suction side of compressor the model of my unit is 69nt40-501 i dont know what is the problem when the unit is -5 its starting to have frosted help me :(

aussiereefertec
03-07-2012, 11:40 PM
is the unit modulating? some older units do frost up quite a bit on the compressor can u run the unit to 0 & -20 and can u tell me the pressures at these temps

reefermechanic
05-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Mr. Reefer mechanic help me can u give me a manual and part list of daikin decosIIIb i can't find the supply sensor of that unit ;( tnx this is my email address lilgenesis_19@yahoo.com and kh31lan@gmail.com

hi khelian

pls you should say unit's model number.

see you.

reefer mechanic

reefermechanic
05-07-2012, 04:00 PM
hi, i am having a problem with a thermo king rd II 50 tci dual temp unit have chaecked and had charged with ***** but still cannot get the unit to cool everything seems to be working but it acts like there is a vavle or something some where not letting the ***** cool the unit neither unit will cool front or rear and also if any one has a manual on this unit i would really appreciate it as i cannot get the fan on the rear evap unit to run it has no power to the fan motor any hepl would be greatly appreciated my email is sid_sidney2002@yahoo

hi,

is that reefer container unit??

see you

reefer mechanic.

reefermechanic
05-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Tsk tsk i have a problem my unit have a heavly frosting in suction side of compressor the model of my unit is 69nt40-501 i dont know what is the problem when the unit is -5 its starting to have frosted help me :(

hi khelian,

you can check pls txv valve and defrost sensor.

good luck

reefer mechanic

reefermechanic
05-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi, Thanks so much 4 replying reefer mechanic, phil Landon.
I've checked this unit in this morning, problem i think that's WATER inside, have amount of water inside reefer container, maybe water pipe's choed up & 4 drains hose can't open. So the time to pretrip is long. Tommorow, my coworker will clean inside then try to PTI it again, then i'll report to u.

@ phil Landon, i'll pay attention to ur ideas. Thanks

Thanks again 4 reply,
Goodluck all.

Hi reeferC,

best information when clogged drain hose.thnks.

see you

reefer mechanic.
thanks
emmmm aa few months agoaa too

sid_sidney
05-07-2012, 11:57 PM
it was a truck mounted 24 foot box that i have put on a trailer that we are going to use for cold storage as it is diesel with the electric stand by

hi,

is that reefer container unit??

see you

reefer mechanic.

sid_sidney
12-07-2012, 04:27 PM
now have the unit cooling had a leaking compressor seal and a bad throttling valve but still really need a manual for this as i still cant get the evap fan for the other unit to come so i really need the wiring diagrams for this so i can trace it back to find my problem

Tifare Jone
13-07-2012, 06:29 AM
hi,Im new need to know how to daignose thermoking relay board>mp3000

Tifare Jone
13-07-2012, 06:32 AM
i have this daikin reefer shutdown alarm E107,E101

Tifare Jone
13-07-2012, 06:39 AM
have u check the codes ,maybe its on e auto fresh

reefermechanic
14-07-2012, 07:15 AM
i have this daikin reefer shutdown alarm E107,E101

Hi Tifare Jone

Welcome on board:))

you have to check EEV ( electronic expansion valve) , dryer and refrigerant level in the system. Also you have to check condenser coil. Condenser coil must be clean when high ambiant temperatures.

good luck

see you

reefer mechanic

hardstone
16-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Need a spare parts manual for the above. Can any one direct me to a link where I can download a PDF file.

E/E Rohit
21-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Good day Reefer mechanic,

Have a problem with DAIKIN reefer LXE10E-1....showing alarm F803(abnormilities) unit stop.........after restaring the unit cleared the alarm unit till working fine. Dnot know for how long it will work fine. Please need help from you to troubleshoot.

reefermechanic
22-07-2012, 12:39 AM
Hi Rohit, this alarm top2 alarm type for daikin units. Have you got recovery machine? You have to recovery all refrigrant from system. Then you to have to make deep vacuum. It must be about one hour. Then you can charge the refrigerant again to the system. But right level. Check pls refrigerant level for your unit on the label left of compressor. If there is air or moisture in the system unit shows F803 alarm code. I m waiting your reply problem solved or not solved. Good luck. Reefer mechanic.

xorteleco
31-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Hi Refermechanic,

I find that you have little knowledge of HVAC systems. I am very concerned that I need to communicate a new product designed with a Daikin air conditioning system, but this I do not have the Daikin Communication Protocol were, or at least the algorithm to calculate the frame check sequence.

Could you help me with something, please, it is very important to me.

reefermechanic
03-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Hi Refermechanic,

I find that you have little knowledge of HVAC systems. I am very concerned that I need to communicate a new product designed with a Daikin air conditioning system, but this I do not have the Daikin Communication Protocol were, or at least the algorithm to calculate the frame check sequence.

Could you help me with something, please, it is very important to me.

Hi xorteleco

i would like to help you. What do you need?

see you

reefermechanic

xorteleco
03-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Hi reefermechanic,

I'm trying to figure out what the frame check code using Daikin in communications between the thermostat and the indoor unit through air conditioning systems.

Do you know anything about this protocol or where I can find information about it?

Thank you very much!

terminal
04-08-2012, 11:02 AM
hello everyone, I need your help i have to change software thermo king MP 3000 but when i try that one message in my log man (check the compatibility between controler and log men) now i want jast restar the reefer in the furst situation but the conntainer in mode flush load ,icut power and restar also reefer in mode flush load,,the rrefer is full ans set pont -35c.plz help

xorteleco
06-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Hi xorteleco

i would like to help you. What do you need?

see you

reefermechanic
Hi reefermechanic,

I'm trying to figure out what the frame check code using Daikin in communications between the thermostat and the indoor unit through air conditioning systems.

Do you know anything about this protocol or where I can find information about it?

Thank you very much

indrad
08-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Hi all,
i am indra from Indonesia.
in this 2weeks i'am looking for the following compressor in Indonesia and Singapore. but still can not find the compressor. maybe someone here can help me to figure out this compressor.
MISUBISHI Compressor Type : RS 2514ESH1 No ALA 201 AD 19 type ***** R22. Use for Freezer container.

nikolas22
17-08-2012, 05:32 PM
hi everyone,

is anyone aware where can i have a thermoguard upVI rebuild any place in europe??? i am aware of erickson, rte but they are located in the states. anybody in europe???

appreciate your help,
nikolas

adacus1
18-08-2012, 04:51 AM
Try the Carrier Transicold Electronics REbuild Center in Rotterdam details at http://www.performanceparts.carrier.com/StaticFiles/Carrier.com/Carrier%20Brand%20Sites%20Content/Carrier_Transicold_Performance_Parts/Files/Products/Container/Electronic%20Repair%20Service/Electronicsbrochure.pdf

kheilan
22-08-2012, 01:37 AM
Hello there!!!can i ask what is LEAK BACK to the compressor and PUMPING OIL???im so curious o.O

"Be a very good listener and someday you will become a very good speaker"

sukhdevsuri
22-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi Reefer709
You probably have a contaminated system because of impure refrigerant. You will need to flush out the system with dry nitrogen and than do a deep vacuum with a vacuum pump. Recharge fresh refrigerant and try running the unit.

Rgds
Sukhdev

sukhdevsuri
22-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Hi Guys

I am very new to RE. Ai am facing a peculiar problem with a new Carrier Primeline unit done just 1 voyage. During AUTO PTI 2 i get failure in P6-5. Although i have replaced the compressor i still get this failure in AUTO PTI2. Can any one suggest remeady. I am sure there is some external fault in this unit.

Tks/Rgds
Sukhdev

sukhdevsuri
22-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Sorry guys but can you tell me how to put in a new thread. I am confused.

Tks

reefermechanic
23-08-2012, 02:31 PM
hello everyone, I need your help i have to change software thermo king MP 3000 but when i try that one message in my log man (check the compatibility between controler and log men) now i want jast restar the reefer in the furst situation but the conntainer in mode flush load ,icut power and restar also reefer in mode flush load,,the rrefer is full ans set pont -35c.plz help

Hi Terminal,

You need a laptop ( has got RS232 port) and and software program of TK ( smartsponge) . Have you got these?

see you

reefer mechanic

reefermechanic
23-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Hi Guys

I am very new to RE. Ai am facing a peculiar problem with a new Carrier Primeline unit done just 1 voyage. During AUTO PTI 2 i get failure in P6-5. Although i have replaced the compressor i still get this failure in AUTO PTI2. Can any one suggest remeady. I am sure there is some external fault in this unit.

Tks/Rgds
Sukhdev

Hi Sukhdev,

Pls say the model number of your reefer unit ? 69NT40XX

see you

reefermechanic.

ReeferC
24-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Hi all bros,
Is there anyway to disable (not display on screen) DAL86, AL67 (Carrier) by keypad (without using laptop or replacing materials) for case of emergency ?

Thanks so much.

reefermechanic
28-08-2012, 09:41 AM
transicold carrier training courses....

Icon Legend
School Registration Closed / Full
School Location Changed
School Dates Changed
School Cancelled
To view a course description, or register for a school - click on the course date in the table
below.
For further information about training on refrigerated containers, please contact Jack Kurz at
+1.315.432.7608 or David Whyte at +1.315.432.6411.
Course Dates Registration Deadline Course Title Location No. Student Enrollment
08/29/2012 -- 08/30/2012 30.07.2012 2-Day Controlled Atmosphere Valparaiso, Chile 2249 26 of 24 students
09/03/2012 - School CANCELLED 03.08.2012 1-Week Container - SPANISH ONLY San Jose, Costa Rica 2252 12 of 24 students
09/11/2012 -- 09/13/2012 10.08.2012 Advanced 3-Day Container Product Update Puerto Madryn, Argentina 2238 13 of 12 students
09/12/2012 -- 09/13/2012 13.08.2012 Advanced 2-Day Container Product Update Surubaya, Indonesia 2232 20 of 20 students
09/18/2012 -- 09/19/2012 06.08.2012 Advanced 2-Day Container Product Update Cape Town, South Africa 2231 14 of 24 students
09/24/2012 -- 09/28/2012 20.08.2012 1-Week Container - SPANISH ONLY Guayaquil, Ecuador 2253 24 of 24 students
09/24/2012 -- 09/25/2012 22.08.2012 2-Day Gen Set Montreal, Canada 2254 4 of 24 students
09/24/2012 -- 09/26/2012 24.08.2012 Part A - 3 Day Refrigerated Container Basic Tauranga, New Zealand 2233A 26 of 24 students
09/25/2012 -- 09/26/2012 24.08.2012 Advanced 2-Day Container Product Update Mombasa, Kenya 2241 8 of 12 students
09/26/2012 -- 09/28/2012 24.08.2012 3-Day Container Product Update - ENGLISH ONLY Montreal, Canada 2255 8 of 24 students
09/27/2012 -- 09/28/2012 27.08.2012 Part B - 2 Day Refrigerated Container Advanced Tauranga, New Zealand 2233B 24 of 24 students
10/09/2012 -- 10/10/2012 31.08.2012 Advanced 2-Day Container Product Update Izmir, Turkey 2234 3 of 12 students
10/22/2012 -- 10/26/2012 21.09.2012 1-Week Container Xiamen, China 2235 22 of 24 students
11/05/2012 -- 11/06/2012 08.10.2012 2-Day Gen Set Long Beach, CA 2256 1 of 24 students
11/07/2012 -- 11/09/2012 12.10.2012 3-Day Container Product Update Long Beach, CA 2257 1 of 24 students
11/14/2012 -- 11/15/2012 15.10.2012 Advanced 2-Day Container Product Update Yokohama, Japan 2236 0 of 12

adacus1
29-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Kheilan

Leak back is the amount of refrigerant that will pass backwards through the compressor when it is stopped. All units even brand new have some leak back and is the reason that the Suction and discharge pressures equalise while the compressor is stopped. Pumping oil is exactly what it says all compressors have an internal oil pump which operates from the crankshaft or motor shaft direct drive to circulate, pump oil through the bearings.

kheilan
30-08-2012, 07:08 AM
Hi sir adacus thanks for the explanation but i want to ask i have a new overhaul compressor when i testing the unit its almost 1hr i cant see the oil in the sight glass and now i dismount the head cyclinder of the compressor and i start running the compresor and i see the oil pass through piston...what is the problem of that?

kheilan
14-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Hi guys i have a question when i can say my quench valve is defective this is a carrier microlink2

kaushi_k123
18-09-2012, 08:58 PM
hai,hope that u can help me on this.
i have got a 69 -nt carrier transicold container on which i have changed exp valve (hermatic type) 2 times,but still the container running on a vaccum suction pressure.what would be the problem.

ALFONSOTHAWE
19-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Techs you've now decided to run compressors with cylinder head cover open. That's nice.

phil Landon
20-09-2012, 07:37 AM
Hi there Kaushi, what temp are you trying to run the container at. With a frozen setpoint ( say -20.00deg C) R134A will run in a slight vacuum.
Have you changed the filter drier?, also what is the model number (69NT.............-...)as some boxes have a suction modulation valve and the newer ones have a stepper motor

really need more details

reefermechanic
20-09-2012, 11:23 AM
reefermechanic

terminal
20-09-2012, 01:20 PM
hi reefermechanic
thanks for your anser ,plz send me ( smartsponge) to my email
troytroy@live.fr
terminal

kaushi_k123
20-09-2012, 06:11 PM
this model has a stepper valve. i am running this container at -20 st pt. the problem is container pulls down to a temp around -9to -11 and not below.stepper valve shows 100% opening.i have replaced the compressor for this unit because the old one had a piston damage and the whole unit was contaminated.i also flushed the system with R-11 before installing the new compressor.

kaushi_k123
20-09-2012, 06:14 PM
set point is -20 deg C.i have changed the filter drier. the unit has a stepper valve which shows a 100%opening on running the unit.

phil Landon
21-09-2012, 12:17 AM
hi there Kaushi, have you put the box thru a P6 test and listened for the stepper valve to open and close. Put a service manifold onto the box and check the suction pressure during the test. You will be able to see if the valve is opening or closing correctly. I have had a container that has had a jammed stepper valve piston and also have had a valve on another box with the valve piston removed. The box with the piston missing was because some one didnt have a spare valve head and it was motoring closed and staying there.

The P6 test will show if the box is metering or not, does the box have a recip compressor or a scroll as the setups are very different. The scroll has extra valves in the system e.g LIV, LSV, ORV, USV

We really need to know the model number (it will be something like 69NT40-541-001)

kheilan
23-09-2012, 03:18 AM
kaushi try to check the stepper motor if the stepper have a good resistance follow the steps

1st disconnect the connection of stepper motor going to power pack
2nd get the resistance of (a-b) or red and green wires
3rd get the resistance of (c-d) or white and black wires
the good resistance if im not mistaken 72ohms

hope you solve this ;)

kheilan
23-09-2012, 03:19 AM
and kaushi try to check if the software of controller is match up to the unit :)

REEFER CONTR
25-09-2012, 12:51 PM
HELLO ALLS,

please help me about PrimeLine 561-018 model. during start Auto2 PTI, RM (remote monotoring) doesn`t start counting, it's stay on number 180, causes Auto2 PTI cannot not be started.

already configurated and software back.

any suggestion.

reefermechanic
28-09-2012, 01:18 PM
hi reefer contr,

pls check your e-mail.

see you

reefer mecahnic

reefermechanic
28-09-2012, 01:23 PM
hi Kaushi,

your problem solved??

see you

reefer mechanic

HveeAC
28-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Hey reefer mechanic. I have 2 mitsubishi CPE52-3BAA that I have to repair. Do you have a parts manual and maintenance manual??

reefermechanic
28-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Hi HveecAC

check your e-mail.

see you

reefer mechanic

HveeAC
29-09-2012, 04:03 AM
Hi HveecAC

check your e-mail.

see you

reefer mechanic

Thanks Reefer Mechanic!! Appreciate the help from you! Thank you for getting me that information. I will be sure to come to you for any other problems I have.

REEFER CONTR
29-09-2012, 06:33 PM
hi reefer contr,

pls check your e-mail.

see you

reefer mecahnic

Thank you very much. problem solve with update GMT time on datacorder. Thank you.:)

Brijeshdave
05-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Hi Every One here..

I am New to this website. But I Highly appreciate contribution of Mr. Reefer Mechanic to this Forum and website.

Best Wishes for you Reefermechanic !

Regards,
Dave

Brijeshdave
05-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Hi Every One here..

I am New to this website. But I Highly appreciate contribution of Mr. Reefer Mechanic to this Forum and website.

Best Wishes for you Reefermechanic !!

Regards,
Dave

reefermechanic
06-10-2012, 07:35 AM
Hi Every One here..

Best Wishes for you Reefermechanic !!

Regards,
Dave

Hi Dave,

thanks for good wishes:)

see you

reefermechanic

reefermechanic
06-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Also please mail me its manual if you have it.

Rgds

hi dave,

i m soory , i^can't share any program. BUt if yonu need manual maybe i can help you.

see you

reefermechanic

Brijeshdave
06-10-2012, 05:10 PM
hi dave,

i m soory , i^can't share any program. BUt if yonu need manual maybe i can help you.

see you

reefermechanic

No worries & Thanks for your reply.

Will surely ask for your help if needed.

Rgds,
Dave

kaushi_k123
06-10-2012, 07:10 PM
thanks guys, first of all soory for the delayed reply.it was actually a jammed stepper valve piston.i replaced it and now the container is fine.

HveeAC
11-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Hey Reefer Mechanic! I'm back again. I was wondering if you could email me the Daikin TR02-14 operation manual. I don't have it and I have gotten in 2 Daikins to repair. Thanks for your help.

reefermechanic
11-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Hey Reefer Mechanic! I'm back again. I was wondering if you could email me the Daikin TR02-14 operation manual. I don't have it and I have gotten in 2 Daikins to repair. Thanks for your help.

Hi HveeAC

Your unit 's model is LXE10E-A14/15? If ok check your e-mail box.

see you

reefermechanic

phil Landon
15-10-2012, 11:42 PM
hey there guys, can anyone tell me what type of oil separator is on a NT20-531-301, I have been told it is a float type. the reason I am asking this is that it seems to be jammed open and putting hot discharge gas back into the sump of the scroll comp. Can anyone tell me how the oil return solenoid is cycled or is it powered all the time? When I disconnect the oil return valve for testing the system running pressures come back to within the normal range and the box cools.

The box has been running ok and now is struggling at -20. It failed the P10-2 test. after disconnecting the oil return valve solenoid coil I ran the test again and it passed. It isnt desirable to leave the oil return valve disconnected. also the condenser fan motor is on all the time and the discharge pressure gets as low as 650Kpa, I thought the condenser fan motor cycled or is that only in perishable mode(above 0 deg) the suction pressure seems to be ok for a while then goes rather erratic. The refrigerant level is way up in the top sightglass in the receiver which I think is not normal and stays there.

I am looking at the TX valve at the moment and possibly the oil separator as well,

Any help would be very much appreciated

regards

Brijeshdave
16-10-2012, 06:17 PM
hey there guys, can anyone tell me what type of oil separator is on a NT20-531-301, I have been told it is a float type. the reason I am asking this is that it seems to be jammed open and putting hot discharge gas back into the sump of the scroll comp. Can anyone tell me how the oil return solenoid is cycled or is it powered all the time? When I disconnect the oil return valve for testing the system running pressures come back to within the normal range and the box cools.

The box has been running ok and now is struggling at -20. It failed the P10-2 test. after disconnecting the oil return valve solenoid coil I ran the test again and it passed. It isnt desirable to leave the oil return valve disconnected. also the condenser fan motor is on all the time and the discharge pressure gets as low as 650Kpa, I thought the condenser fan motor cycled or is that only in perishable mode(above 0 deg) the suction pressure seems to be ok for a while then goes rather erratic. The refrigerant level is way up in the top sightglass in the receiver which I think is not normal and stays there.

I am looking at the TX valve at the moment and possibly the oil separator as well,

Any help would be very much appreciated

regards

Hi Phil Landon,

May be I can help you for this, “Can anyone tell me how the oil return solenoid is cycled or is it powered all the time?”

The oil return solenoid valve in this model is normally open which allow oil to return during off cycle. Hence when the cycle is ON, ORV is normally closed by constant power supply.

Regards,
Dave

REEFER CONTR
03-11-2012, 04:00 AM
HELLO ALLS, did anybody have manual for thermoking crr40 (super reefer type) .

i always facing problem of poor body insulation due to high ambient temp in here.

mick.ks
13-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Hello everyone
I have a problem with carrier thinline compressor overhjeating. I changed compressor, but same thing again. compressor run for some time, and then stops with AL24. Anyone can help?
Thanks

reefermechanic
14-11-2012, 08:46 AM

carrier_trained
18-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Hi guys:

I have 4 carrier elite and thinline shipping container units rnning a holding room here. I would really like to intergrate their electronics with my plant plc so I could do things like initiate defrosts from it, and monitor them. Does anyone have any access to or ideas on either electrical schematics or interface programs for this?

thanks

Dan

The software to communicate with carrier container units(DataLINE), you have to purchase from carrier container dealer, its proprietry software and comes with license key, it costs $480 here in aust, i just purchased mine last week, if you do buy it, update it to SP8.

E/E Rohit
01-12-2012, 12:13 AM
hello reefer mechanic,

i am having prob wid stracool reefer.....st pt is -20 ret is -14.5 sup is -13.4 suc pre is -1.0 bar dis pre is 3.2 bar....***** level is ok.....check evap fans ok.....condensor is ok...........perform function test on one by one component shows error on Evap XV.......try to replace it...but bcoz of ice and rust its very hard to take out...dnt know wot to do? plz help me

kaushi_k123
10-12-2012, 08:56 PM
hey guys,
i am having 2 carrier thinline 69-nt-511-363 conts that is showing problems
1:-first one enters into defrost,but after comming out does not start automatically,one has to go there restart the unit.
2:-the container is not entering into manual defrost.
both these containers have an active al54 alarms.one of them i changed the sensor(supply)and put p5 but still alarm active.NEEDS HELP URGENTLY

reefermechanic
10-12-2012, 09:23 PM

reefermechanic
11-12-2012, 08:00 AM
hi kaushi,
your problem solved?
reefermechanic

reefermechanic
29-01-2013, 03:42 PM
hi guys. I m here now."reefer container turkey" in Facebook..see youreefer mechanic

Brijeshdave
03-02-2013, 03:16 PM

Brijeshdave
04-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Awaiting your reply. Sir,

Regards,
Dave

reefermechanic
05-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Awaiting your reply. Sir,

Regards,
Dave

Hi Dave

yes, you can

see you

reefermechanic

hcarujo
06-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Hello reefermechanic

I'm an reefer electrician but new to this job. I have a problem on a carrier reefer, model 69nt40-541-015 wich has a ML3 controller. In proximately one month it fried 2 controllers. I had the container not working at all, replaced the controller, it worked fine, did the PTI, went on a trip and when it returned it was just like the removed controller. sometimes it works but giving alarms, other times the display and reefer are completely dead. It has 2 pins on connector KA (KA9 and KA10) that are the power supply to the controller, ( 33V betwen them) I think. Does the controller have any other power supply? and if not do you think that the transformer can have some sort of problem? by the way do you know the language of programming used in these controllers? is it ladder or FBD or is it something mor complex like C++?

reefermechanic
06-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Hello reefermechanic

I'm an reefer electrician but new to this job. I have a problem on a carrier reefer, model 69nt40-541-015 wich has a ML3 controller. In proximately one month it fried 2 controllers. I had the container not working at all, replaced the controller, it worked fine, did the PTI, went on a trip and when it returned it was just like the removed controller. sometimes it works but giving alarms, other times the display and reefer are completely dead. It has 2 pins on connector KA (KA9 and KA10) that are the power supply to the controller, ( 33V betwen them) I think. Does the controller have any other power supply? and if not do you think that the transformer can have some sort of problem? by the way do you know the language of programming used in these controllers? is it ladder or FBD or is it something mor complex like C++?

Hi Friend

I will help you. Pls contact me via reefermechanic@yahoo.com.

See you
reefermechanic

HelpCoolIt
14-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Hi Guys, I'm looking for a service manual for a MHI CPE52-* with a MMCC111 controller.
I have looked on the internet and have started looking through this forum. I am at work at the moment and can't spend all day looking for this. If someone could give me a heads up it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dean

HelpCoolIt
20-02-2013, 12:15 AM
Hi again,
I found some time to scan through all the pages today and I think I found what I was looking for.

Thanks
Dean

jayink87
26-02-2013, 06:20 PM
hello sir how are you, my name is jayin ihave some some douts can you help me?

jayink87
26-02-2013, 06:22 PM
hello sir how are you, my name is jayin ihave some some douts can you help me?i hope your assistance

jayink87
26-02-2013, 06:25 PM
sorry i ask to reefer mechanic

jayink87
26-02-2013, 07:09 PM
reefer mechanic please give your e mail id 'reefermechanic@yahoo.com' this id is not working

reefermechanic
26-02-2013, 08:02 PM
reefer mechanic please give your e mail id 'reefermechanic@yahoo.com' this id is not working

dear jayink87

how can i help you?

i m online now for reefermechanic@yahoo.com

see you
reefermechanic

Yury0826@
17-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Hello there! I have a Thermo King with Magnum-924 reefer unit. When it running for couple hours, the compressor totally frozen up. The ***** level is ok(not overcharged), fan works. Any help with this issue will be really appreciated. Thanks. Yury. There is my e-mail:gove777@hotmail.com

reefermechanic
17-04-2013, 11:23 PM
Hello there! I have a Thermo King with Magnum-924 reefer unit. When it running for couple hours, the compressor totally frozen up. The ***** level is ok(not overcharged), fan works. Any help with this issue will be really appreciated. Thanks. Yury. There is my e-mail:gove777@hotmail.com......................Hi Yury , you have to check the operation of digital valve if refrigerant level is ok. Do yıu know how can do this? see you .... reefermechanic.

Goldenbull
19-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi!! I'm doing some research about the reefer container. Just want to know according to your guys exp, which brand/manufacturer of the reefer container is the best interm of quality/efficientcy?

From my understanding there are 4 big players in the market+Mearsk (Have their own starcool)

-Daikin
-Carrier
-Thermoking
-Mitsubishi
-Mearsk (Starcool)

And what is the market share of these 4 manufacturer+ Mearsk?
If i want more info about the reefer container business, where can i get the info.

Thanks

reefermechanic
19-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Hi!! I'm doing some research about the reefer container. Just want to know according to your guys exp, which brand/manufacturer of the reefer container is the best interm of quality/efficientcy?

From my understanding there are 4 big players in the market+Mearsk (Have their own starcool)

-Daikin
-Carrier
-Thermoking
-Mitsubishi
-Mearsk (Starcool)

And what is the market share of these 4 manufacturer+ Mearsk?
If i want more info about the reefer container business, where can i get the info.

Thanks

Hi Goldenbull i should help you about your request. pls contact me via reefermechanic@yahoo.com see you reefer mechanic.

reefermechanic
19-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Hello there! I have a Thermo King with Magnum-924 reefer unit. When it running for couple hours, the compressor totally frozen up. The ***** level is ok(not overcharged), fan works. Any help with this issue will be really appreciated. Thanks. Yury. There is my e-mail:gove777@hotmail.com
Hi Yury, have you solved the your problem? see you reefermechanic

adacus1
24-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Hello reefermechanic

KA9 and KA10 are two separate 18vac power supplies for the ML3 controller which should be referenced against KA12 (Ground). So 33v seems to be around normal if measured across both and the control transformer would seem to be working. Are both evaporator fans working as there is an Internal protector (IP-EM1 and IP-EM2) which are embedded into the motor windings. A shorted evaporator motor can back feed 380v back into the controller through the IP lines usually this is instant once a motor burns out but may take a little longer depending on the severity of the burn out.

The programming language for the Carrier microprocessors is properietary

anthonyv
25-04-2013, 01:20 PM
hello all i am a refrigeration mechanic from australia and do alot of work on commercial airconditioning but have never seen or worked on any transport refrigeration gear

i have a customer who has the back of a truck at his house that is refrigerated by a thermoking unit

inside it has 2 evaporators and he wants 1 of them moved about 3-5 metres from its current location inside the back of the truck

is it as simple as just pumping down the unit, extending the pipes and all electrical connections or is there something else i should know?

can these units be pumped down like any regular unit so that i can cut the pipes going into the evaporator?

the evaporators have 3 pipes going into them, i would assume one is a hot gas defrost?

will extending the cables effect anything such as the thermostat probes which will obviously also have to be extended??

thanks for any help, the reason for so many questions is that i will be approx 800km when working on this unit so i need to be prepared as i cannot get parts easily

thanks anthony

Goldenbull
29-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Hi reefermechanic

I have tried to send you the private mail too many times but, always got auto replied mail back that your email is not valided. Please kindly confirm your email again or mail me at goldenbulls@gmail.com

Thanks,

IRMechanik
29-04-2013, 08:19 PM
hello all i am a refrigeration mechanic from australia and do alot of work on commercial airconditioning but have never seen or worked on any transport refrigeration gear

i have a customer who has the back of a truck at his house that is refrigerated by a thermoking unit

inside it has 2 evaporators and he wants 1 of them moved about 3-5 metres from its current location inside the back of the truck

is it as simple as just pumping down the unit, extending the pipes and all electrical connections or is there something else i should know?

can these units be pumped down like any regular unit so that i can cut the pipes going into the evaporator?

the evaporators have 3 pipes going into them, i would assume one is a hot gas defrost?

will extending the cables effect anything such as the thermostat probes which will obviously also have to be extended??

thanks for any help, the reason for so many questions is that i will be approx 800km when working on this unit so i need to be prepared as i cannot get parts easily

thanks anthony

No problem extending the wiring or the piping.
Is this an older diesel powered unit like an RD-II TCI / TLE?
I recommend against trying to pump down the unit, technically it is possible (high side pump down) but not recommended. You're best to recover the complete charge, makes it easier for nitrogen purge when soldering the pipes and evacuation. There is a mess of valves in those units and chances are you're going to have one leaking past a little bit so you'll never get a solid vacuum. When you evacuate you must do a three point (suction, discharge, receiver)

reefermechanic
30-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Hi reefermechanic

I have tried to send you the private mail too many times but, always got auto replied mail back that your email is not valided. Please kindly confirm your email again or mail me at goldenbulls@gmail.comhi

Thanks,hi goldenbull you can chat with me via reefermechanic@hotmail.com and reefermechanic@yahoo.com adresses. see you reefermechanic.

jayson
01-05-2013, 11:09 PM
hello everyone can you please help me with my problem regarding on carrier reefer container because i found out that the controller is damage. I replaced new controller but currently not working yet because i can't configure it. I found a spare of SRAM to cofigure it, but when i put it doing the right procedure on the manual it still not working. My question is, do i need to download new software of ml3 and copy to the SRAM to configure it? I also have a spare of card (I'm not sure if there is program of ml3 inside) and adaptor of SRAM but i don't have pc that can connect it. Also, i cannot put directly the card to the container controller because the connector is for SRAM only. I also try to go in the site of carrier to download this program ml3 but i cannot access it because of password. I want to use emergency bypass but the problem the commodity inside is wine therefore i cannot directly run the reefer to cold mode. Please help me on this problem and if there is any suggestion I appreciate it. Thank you

reefermechanic
02-05-2013, 01:38 AM
hello everyone can you please help me with my problem regarding on carrier reefer container because i found out that the controller is damage. I replaced new controller but currently not working yet because i can't configure it. I found a spare of SRAM to cofigure it, but when i put it doing the right procedure on the manual it still not working. My question is, do i need to download new software of ml3 and copy to the SRAM to configure it? I also have a spare of card (I'm not sure if there is program of ml3 inside) and adaptor of SRAM but i don't have pc that can connect it. Also, i cannot put directly the card to the container controller because the connector is for SRAM only. I also try to go in the site of carrier to download this program ml3 but i cannot access it because of password. I want to use emergency bypass but the problem the commodity inside is wine therefore i cannot directly run the reefer to cold mode. Please help me on this problem and if there is any suggestion I appreciate it. Thank you Hi Friend. pls check Cd-18 and Cd-20 within codeselect menu via keypad. And also pls check the unit model number. Unit model label left side of compressor and reply to me. see you. reefermechanic.

jayson
02-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Friend this is the Cd-18 5148 (i also have a 5318 program),Cd 20 don't exist, and the unit model number is 69NT40-541-301. When I check the reefer this morning it has too many alarms specially on safety device and it's not working. The setting in code select is in default and i try to use the emergency mode but it is not safe for the commodity because it will have too much cooling. Please give me advice for this problem. thank you very much

reefermechanic
02-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Friend this is the Cd-18 5148 (i also have a 5318 program),Cd 20 don't exist, and the unit model number is 69NT40-541-301. When I check the reefer this morning it has too many alarms specially on safety device and it's not working. The setting in code select is in default and i try to use the emergency mode but it is not safe for the commodity because it will have too much cooling. Please give me advice for this problem. thank you very much Hi Jayson. DOn't worry. We can repair its together. Trust me;) pls chat with me via reefermechanic@yahoo.com. see you . Reefermechanic.

anthonyv
06-05-2013, 02:16 PM
No problem extending the wiring or the piping.
Is this an older diesel powered unit like an RD-II TCI / TLE?
I recommend against trying to pump down the unit, technically it is possible (high side pump down) but not recommended. You're best to recover the complete charge, makes it easier for nitrogen purge when soldering the pipes and evacuation. There is a mess of valves in those units and chances are you're going to have one leaking past a little bit so you'll never get a solid vacuum. When you evacuate you must do a three point (suction, discharge, receiver)

I am yet to get a model number from the client because e recently got Injured at work.

Could you please explain why I must do a 3 point vacuum? I mostly work on air con systems and only have do high and low side? My gauges are only the standard type with 3 hoses not a manifold set

I look forward to your advice. Thanks

IRMechanik
07-05-2013, 02:09 AM
I am yet to get a model number from the client because e recently got Injured at work.

Could you please explain why I must do a 3 point vacuum? I mostly work on air con systems and only have do high and low side? My gauges are only the standard type with 3 hoses not a manifold set

I look forward to your advice. Thanks

A three point is required due to the disaster of solenoid/check valves in the system. The condenser inlet and suction line solenoids are normally open but the rest are normally closed. In this system when one compartment is calling for heat and the other for cool the compartment calling for heat becomes the condenser. Fun **** when valves start to stick intermittently. On older RD-II the electrical is just as fun.

This is a TCI system with a host attached to the main unit. A TLE has no host and 2 remote evaps. The plumbing is the same.

anthonyv
07-05-2013, 08:05 AM
A three point is required due to the disaster of solenoid/check valves in the system. The condenser inlet and suction line solenoids are normally open but the rest are normally closed. In this system when one compartment is calling for heat and the other for cool the compartment calling for heat becomes the condenser. Fun **** when valves start to stick intermittently. On older RD-II the electrical is just as fun.

This is a TCI system with a host attached to the main unit. A TLE has no host and 2 remote evaps. The plumbing is the same.

Ah I see. This stuff is confusing to me compared to my usual stuff. If I were to use solenoid coil magnets how many would I need to have all the valves on the system open

ruzgar78
07-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Electronic control board for all models. this is video (Thermo King, Carrier, Zanotti)

this is video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DT7QLmGWMs

ruzgar78
07-05-2013, 11:00 AM
All for model electronic control card

this is video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DT7QLmGWMs

anthonyv
07-05-2013, 01:00 PM

Feom what I can see there. Is the hot gas defrost discharge line always running to the evaporators and then is controlled by solenoids inside the evaps? Does this mean even if pumped down there would be gas in that line?

IRMechanik
07-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Feom what I can see there. Is the hot gas defrost discharge line always running to the evaporators and then is controlled by solenoids inside the evaps? Does this mean even if pumped down there would be gas in that line?

Yes, there would be gas in that line. If you pump down and equalize at the compressor the condenser inlet check valve should hold the charge but I wouldn't trust it. For all the time it takes I would pull the charge. It should be 404a but depending on age it could be 502. As far as mechanically opening the valves, a magnet on each liquid line solenoid should do it. I like the three point, it pulls a better and faster vacuum. If you have an extra port on your pump, hook the receiver directly to your vacuum pump. If there still is shraders on compressor I'd yank them too, with service valves they are redundant.

anthonyv
07-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Yes, there would be gas in that line. If you pump down and equalize at the compressor the condenser inlet check valve should hold the charge but I wouldn't trust it. For all the time it takes I would pull the charge. It should be 404a but depending on age it could be 502. As far as mechanically opening the valves, a magnet on each liquid line solenoid should do it. I like the three point, it pulls a better and faster vacuum. If you have an extra port on your pump, hook the receiver directly to your vacuum pump. If there still is shraders on compressor I'd yank them too, with service valves they are redundant.

Thanks for your help. There is no way I'd put that muh trust in a check valve that's for sure. Another stupid question. Is there anywhere in particular I should reclaim from?

IRMechanik
08-05-2013, 03:06 AM
Thanks for your help. There is no way I'd put that muh trust in a check valve that's for sure. Another stupid question. Is there anywhere in particular I should reclaim from?

No stupid questions. If the unit is running pump out from the receiver into your recovery tank, you'll probably get at least half the charge or most of the liquid, more if you cover the condenser. Then recover the remaining liquid from the receiver after that switch to your compressor connections.

anthonyv
10-05-2013, 02:20 AM
No stupid questions. If the unit is running pump out from the receiver into your recovery tank, you'll probably get at least half the charge or most of the liquid, more if you cover the condenser. Then recover the remaining liquid from the receiver after that switch to your compressor connections.

Thanks for your help.

So if I reclaim the unit where do I need the solenoid magnets?
Then
Once I've done that I can extend the pipes and vac it out and recharge it

Will extending the cables effect the thermostat probe?

IRMechanik
15-05-2013, 12:44 AM
Thanks for your help.

So if I reclaim the unit where do I need the solenoid magnets?
Then
Once I've done that I can extend the pipes and vac it out and recharge it

Will extending the cables effect the thermostat probe?

Extending the cables shouldn't affect the probe.
Mechanically open the hot gas or liquid line but not the suction line.

garytreez
18-05-2013, 04:54 AM
Just a quick query…..

I have a NT40 reefer used as a static chiller (+5 setpoint), and this has been working well until the last few days when once or twice a day, the power trips at the breaker inside the reefer panel. The incoming mains supply is steady at 385v and everything seems fine. I reset it and it works again. There are no alarm codes. The only change is that the temp here has risen to around +40 in the last few days and this may have an effect.The trip mostly happens in the afternoon when the sun is shinning directly onto the working end of the container.

Have you heard of this happening in the extreme heat ? I am really hoping that its not the compressor windings starting to earth. It’s has the water cooled option but is set for air cooled.

Any wise words please

reefermechanic
20-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Just a quick query…..

I have a NT40 reefer used as a static chiller (+5 setpoint), and this has been working well until the last few days when once or twice a day, the power trips at the breaker inside the reefer panel. The incoming mains supply is steady at 385v and everything seems fine. I reset it and it works again. There are no alarm codes. The only change is that the temp here has risen to around +40 in the last few days and this may have an effect.The trip mostly happens in the afternoon when the sun is shinning directly onto the working end of the container.

Have you heard of this happening in the extreme heat ? I am really hoping that its not the compressor windings starting to earth. It’s has the water cooled option but is set for air cooled.

Any wise words please
Hi Graytreez, have you solved the your problem?? see you... reefermechanic

garytreez
28-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Hi Graytreez, have you solved the your problem?? see you... reefermechanic
Hello...no the problem isnt solved yet as it only seems to trip the CB when its very hot (+40c). Its works well day after day when its below this ambient temp. I have set the amps to 21. Its not an isolated case and can be common as the summer draws near here in the middle east. I am constructing some shading to see if that helps.

reefermechanic
28-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Hello...no the problem isnt solved yet as it only seems to trip the CB when its very hot (+40c). Its works well day after day when its below this ambient temp. I have set the amps to 21. Its not an isolated case and can be common as the summer draws near here in the middle east. I am constructing some shading to see if that helps.
you can chat with me via reefermechanic@yahoo.com ? see you , reefer mechanic.

garytreez
28-05-2013, 03:25 PM
you can chat with me via reefermechanic@yahoo.com ? see you , reefer mechanic.
Sorry, i cant reach you on this email

garytreez
02-06-2013, 07:14 AM
ust a quick query…..

Any wise words please

shehzad
04-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Can anybody help me in understanding, maintaining and repairing of Thermoking Magnum units?

Whats the best way to handle these units. I'm much interested to learn about them.

Please help me.
shehzad.ahmd@gmail.com

newjack
05-06-2013, 05:32 AM
Does anybody out there have the latest Carrier Microlink software, I'm looking for 5155 and 5355 for both ML2 and ML3 Scroll and Recip. I do not have access to carrier website for download. Can someone please email the files to me, greatly appreciate it.
kyniteowl@gmail.com

best regards all reefer mechanics

Dragos_RXS
11-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Good day
I am looking for a data downloader for thermoking and Daikin.
Could you please advise?
many thanks

newjack
14-06-2013, 02:25 AM
Just wanted to thank Reefermechanic for all his help, he was able to locate the files I needed for my software card. Many thanks!

Does anybody out there have the latest Carrier Microlink software, I'm looking for 5155 and 5355 for both ML2 and ML3 Scroll and Recip. I do not have access to carrier website for download. Can someone please email the files to me, greatly appreciate it.
kyniteowl@gmail.com

best regards all reefer mechanics

reefermanlynch
23-06-2013, 11:24 PM
Hi, can anyone help me ?I have a customer with a old TK reefer model TNE-508-34, this reefer is given me some serious problem I am unable to get it to work properly ,I check and change the following all three (3) sensor supply and return,KVQ valve,filter drier, TXV. Check both condenser and evaporator fans, compressor they are all satisfactory yet the system will not pull down to temperature (-25c) the system start up and the pressure and amps are ok and 5 minutes the suction line will frost up causing the pressure to drop off and the supply and return temp also. The following is the info taken from the controller. Supply LH -4.7. Supply RH -5.7. Return -4.0. Evap -4.9. Cond temp 44.5. KVQ setting -55.4. Cool cap 100%. Ambient temp 28.1c. Hi press 10.5bar. Hi press temp 101.2c. Comp amps 10.8/ 10.5/11.3. Can you help me out here if I am doing something wrong or not checking something or is there a TK emergency hot line number .
Thanks in advance
Lynch

reefermechanic
30-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Hi, can anyone help me ?I have a customer with a old TK reefer model TNE-508-34, this reefer is given me some serious problem I am unable to get it to work properly ,I check and change the following all three (3) sensor supply and return,KVQ valve,filter drier, TXV. Check both condenser and evaporator fans, compressor they are all satisfactory yet the system will not pull down to temperature (-25c) the system start up and the pressure and amps are ok and 5 minutes the suction line will frost up causing the pressure to drop off and the supply and return temp also. The following is the info taken from the controller. Supply LH -4.7. Supply RH -5.7. Return -4.0. Evap -4.9. Cond temp 44.5. KVQ setting -55.4. Cool cap 100%. Ambient temp 28.1c. Hi press 10.5bar. Hi press temp 101.2c. Comp amps 10.8/ 10.5/11.3. Can you help me out here if I am doing something wrong or not checking something or is there a TK emergency hot line number .
Thanks in advance
Lynch

Hi Lynch, Whats this unit? is a container, truck or trailer unit? see you. Reefermechanic.

mp snyder
04-07-2013, 10:35 AM
I work in Bagdad, Iraq. The units I maintain are powered by gererators. I have several Carrier 69NT40-541, in which the controllers(micro link 3) have stopped working. The LED is flashing ERR1 or ERR2. Its hard to tell. I have the program card but it doesnt work. Carrier transport reefer div has yet to return phone call. I installed a Dixell controller, it runs but doesnt cool like it should. it is set for -18c but only gets down to -7 or so. I believe the smv is preventing it from reaching temp.

reefermechanic
04-07-2013, 02:10 PM
I work in Bagdad, Iraq. The units I maintain are powered by gererators. I have several Carrier 69NT40-541, in which the controllers(micro link 3) have stopped working. The LED is flashing ERR1 or ERR2. Its hard to tell. I have the program card but it doesnt work. Carrier transport reefer div has yet to return phone call. I installed a Dixell controller, it runs but doesnt cool like it should. it is set for -18c but only gets down to -7 or so. I believe the smv is preventing it from reaching temp.
hi mp snyder, carrier has shared new version of software for ERR1. Pls contact by your service locator. good luck.. reefer mechanic..

reefermechanic
04-07-2013, 02:23 PM
hi mp snyder, carrier has shared new version of software for ERR1. Pls contact by your service locator. good luck.. reefer mechanic..

Hi Michael, lucky man for today;) pls check your e-mail;) see you. reefermechanic.

mp snyder
06-07-2013, 03:39 PM
thanks guys i need "Ml3_serail_number.bin" so i can program my pc card.

jelena.smart
12-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Hello,I need service manual for Thermo King V-300 Max - electro schematics of the electrical board. Does anyone have it?

mp snyder
23-07-2013, 02:53 PM
I am having an issue with a TK CRR-40 with a mp-3000 contoller. It showing "Flash Load". What does this mean?

reefermechanic
23-07-2013, 03:04 PM
I am having an issue with a TK CRR-40 with a mp-3000 contoller. It showing "Flash Load". What does this mean?

Hi mp snyder you have to update the software. do you know how can do that?? see you reefermechanic

reefermechanic
25-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Hi guys, If you need laptop and communication programs and also connection cable for transport units you may contact with me.... For truck, trailer and reefer container units of Daikin, Carrier and Thermoking units. see you.. reefermechanic
Send me a PM

BananaNick
26-07-2013, 10:59 PM
Hi reefermechanic,

I am having a problem with my Thermoking Reefer container and I was hoping you could help. I have a 2003 Thermoking Magnum unit with a MP-3000 controller. The unit is always set for the same temperature 13.3C or 56F. Recently the container has been going into defrost mode and sort of getting stuck there. To try and stop it, I set the 24 hour defrost to ON, and now it will go 24 hours and then get stuck in defrost. By "stuck" what it will do is go into defrost, heat the evaporator to 86F (aprox 10min), shut the heaters off, starts the compressor, runs for 1 min, goes back into defrost, and on and on. Checking the event log it shows Timed Defrost activated, then ended. These defrost cycles continue with intervals of 7-15min between. I have ran Full PTI and all of the temperature sensors seem to be working correctly. What could this be? I am completely stumped!

Thank you in advance,

BananaNick

reefermechanic
26-07-2013, 11:32 PM
Hi reefermechanic,

I am having a problem with my Thermoking Reefer container and I was hoping you could help. I have a 2003 Thermoking Magnum unit with a MP-3000 controller. The unit is always set for the same temperature 13.3C or 56F. Recently the container has been going into defrost mode and sort of getting stuck there. To try and stop it, I set the 24 hour defrost to ON, and now it will go 24 hours and then get stuck in defrost. By "stuck" what it will do is go into defrost, heat the evaporator to 86F (aprox 10min), shut the heaters off, starts the compressor, runs for 1 min, goes back into defrost, and on and on. Checking the event log it shows Timed Defrost activated, then ended. These defrost cycles continue with intervals of 7-15min between. I have ran Full PTI and all of the temperature sensors seem to be working correctly. What could this be? I am completely stumped!

Thank you in advance,

BananaNick Hi Bananick , Pls check the sensor test on "manual function test" within "PTI COMMAND" MENU. Do you know how can do that? I think defrost sensor/evaporator sensor is defective. Run the sensor test on manual function test. than check the sensors for 5 minutes.. And watch the all sensors. All sensors measurings must be same. Pls check that's and back to me. see you . Reefermechanic

alphalaval
21-08-2013, 07:09 PM
hi there, can i have some thermoking and xrios 500 service manual/ wiring dia gram.

khalidmz786@hotmail.com
thanks
khalid

reefermechanic
27-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Hi reefermechanic,

Thank you in advance,

BananaNick

Hi banana, pls make a manual function test to the "sensor check" and pls note the all values of sensors. Maybe defrost sensor has been failure... good luck.... see you... reefermechanic.

Ahmad Osman
11-09-2013, 05:24 AM
Peace,

I have a case of 1 unit 40ft Reefer Container (with Daikin System) shipped with consignment of vegetables with setting temperature at 0 Deg C, however, at sometime transit, noted several alarms/code D type and there on supply temperature went up between 10 to 16 Deg C (From Data Logger). What caused malfuctioned ? Also noted, 2 drain plugs, one at front end and one at door end not inserted. Please help !

plod75
25-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Hi there. I am hoping someone can help me, I am having a go for the first time at fixing a refrigerated container, the only details I have is its a "Celsius 3220" if any has had anything to do with these before I am after a service manual or a wiring diagram for it, someone has done something nasty to the wiring and it doesn't like to run real nice. so anyone can help I would be very grateful Thanks