PDA

View Full Version : maytag prob

mickw
27-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Any ideas got a maytag GC222EED1 blows fuse on main board everytime switched on
Thanks

Brian_UK
28-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Do we assume that this is a refrigerator of some sort ?

chillin out
28-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Try tracing the circuit out with a multi-meter.

Chillin:):)

Electrocoolman
29-10-2008, 01:20 AM
Maytag is an american F/Freezer.
Is this an old or new unit.?

Some are 120v units fed through a transformer (auto not isolating) mounted in the base of the cabinet.

What is the value of the fuse that blows? - I assume that you are replacing it 'like for like'.

Sometimes there is a circuit drawing on a sticker on the back of the unit....have a look at yours.

mickw
29-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Maytag is an american F/Freezer.
Is this an old or new unit.?

Some are 120v units fed through a transformer (auto not isolating) mounted in the base of the cabinet.

What is the value of the fuse that blows? - I assume that you are replacing it 'like for like'.

Sometimes there is a circuit drawing on a sticker on the back of the unit....have a look at yours.
Thanks for reply its a domestic fridge freezer about 7yrs old its blowing main fuse and tripping whole fuse board

northern-tech
29-10-2008, 02:51 PM
What do you mean by the main fuse ( in the lighting panel ? ), and tripping the fuse board.......what is that about ? Blowing the fuse on the board? Yes, see if there is a print on the back of the fridge, and find out what this fuse proetects.

chillin out
29-10-2008, 11:18 PM
I would take it that the main fuse is the 13A one in the plug, and the fuse in the main board is the circuit breaker for the ring main in his house.??

mickw
30-10-2008, 01:27 AM
What do you mean by the main fuse ( in the lighting panel ? ), and tripping the fuse board.......what is that about ? Blowing the fuse on the board? Yes, see if there is a print on the back of the fridge, and find out what this fuse proetects.
Its the main fuse on rcd thats tripping not fuse in plug

chillin out
30-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Use a multimeter to check the compressor, or a megger if you have one.